Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Flex foam pads?

07 z-oh-6

Question

18 answers to this question

Mark, our pads are certainly not that expensive, and the Lake Country Pads are not worth the guesswork, IMHO.... (consider the source, but we have heard the pad quality is also sub-par, compared to the Adam's pads....)

Spring for the new pads, your paint is worth it!!

:)

I've got Uber, LC and Adam's. LC will private lable pads so as far as comparing Uber to LC, I think you can read between the lines.

l

The seller of Uber has said his pads come from B&S and repeated the statement that there are really on two sources of raw foam so everyone (LC, Buff n Shine) buy from the same suppliers. Obviously the color is one option but the velcro backing and attachment method does vary a lot.

I've got Uber, LC and Adam's. LC will private lable pads so as far as comparing Uber to LC, I think you can read between the lines.

I have done the experiments but that info is inappropriate to post here. Bottom line is to use the Adam's pads with the Adam's polishes. Why? Simply because it works as a system and will yield the best results from the products. That's exactly how I sell the products in my own shop to people who are new to machine polishing. That's also why the Adam's line has directions right on the bottle and has videos to learn the system.

What I do behind closed doors should be preceded with an asterisk of "don't try this at home".

- Darryl

Mark,

The pads are the same cut and finish as the DD Uber pads IME if that helps.

I'd be careful with this. I have a set of Uber pads and the colors are similar but different.

The Uber order from most to least aggressive was Orange->Green->White

Thus the Orange and Green are reversed from Adam's since Adam's order is Green->Orange->White.

Even more confusing is that Uber orange is also 'stiffer' than the green just like the Adam's pads. According to Dylan (the real deal one, not me), the pad pore size and depth is the measure or cut, not the firmness.

This is assuming the 3 pads are even in the same cut 'class' which I can't verify. It's reasonable to assume the cut is not the exact same.

Therefore don't count on ANY similarity.

I may run a side-by-side test one day since I have a set of Uber and Adam's. It would be interesting at least for my personal amusement if none other.

Compared to Lake Country, in terms of cut and finish, does the green = LC yellow, orange = LC orange, and white = LC black?

Thanks.

Comparing Adams Pads with LC pads....Adams Green = LC Yellow(heavey cut), Adams Orange = LC Orange and Adams white = LC green or Grey.

Here is a pad chart I found on the web and use. Hope this helps

PAD_CHART.jpg

Mark, our pads are certainly not that expensive, and the Lake Country Pads are not worth the guesswork, IMHO.... (consider the source, but we have heard the pad quality is also sub-par, compared to the Adam's pads....)

Spring for the new pads, your paint is worth it!!

:)

Hi Adam,

Thanks for chiming in!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

I have some Adam's Flex pads on the way! :banana:

I've long heard of the Adam's product line, just never really tried them. No negative reason, just didn't. Anyhow, I recently received the Adam's C&U cleaner, Interior & Leather Cleaner, and Leather Conditioner. I must say, they are ALL GREAT!!! I look forward to trying the rest of your product line!!! :cheers:

Adam's White is no where near the same as a Lake Country Black pad.

I've got both Adam's and a set of LC pads. Orange and White are pretty comparable.

Will you get the same results? Maybe, maybe not. I'd just stick with the Adam's pads though since we all know it'll get you tried and true results.

I not an expert, but I have used the LC flat pads with the flex with other brands of products, but have never used LC pads with Adams products.

My best guess is the

Adams green is close to the LC Orange

Adams Orange is close to the LC White

Adams White is close to the LC black.

That said one of the things that I like with the Adams products is that there is no guess work with what pad to use. Match the pad color to the product color and get great results.

With the other brands I had a long trial and error period until I found which pads would work for me with the products I was using.

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much! :2thumbs:

Compared to Lake Country, in terms of cut and finish, does the green = LC yellow, orange = LC orange, and white = LC black?

Thanks.

I not an expert, but I have used the LC flat pads with the flex with other brands of products, but have never used LC pads with Adams products.

My best guess is the

Adams green is close to the LC Orange

Adams Orange is close to the LC White

Adams White is close to the LC black.

That said one of the things that I like with the Adams products is that there is no guess work with what pad to use. Match the pad color to the product color and get great results.

With the other brands I had a long trial and error period until I found which pads would work for me with the products I was using.

Thanks.

Mark,I haven't used the Adams Flex pads with another vendors polishes but have used the Adams Green Flex Pad with the Adams SSR,and the Orange Flex pad with Adams SR and the Adams White Flex pad with Adams FMP(which they were all designed to be used with it's corresponding product)and they worked great.

The only downside IMO is the SSR does dust a bit too much(but is very effective in what it's designed to do)for me using the Adams Green Flex pad.I didn't spritz the pad with detail spray thou,which should help keeping the dust to a minimal.

I have an extra Green/Orange/White Adams Flex pad(s)if you would like to try them,shoot me your address ;)

Archived