Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze... It works!

The Ryan

Question

Naysayers beware - truth lies within this thread!

Let me start this off by explaining how PISSED I am about Hyundai's clear coat... 1 text book two bucket wash destroyed the freshly polished paint! I have never in my years of detailing encountered a clear coat this soft.. Washing with a Merino wool mitt, foam gun (twice), two bucket method, rinsed after every panel, and air dried! - produced this monstrosity:

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

As you can probably see.. I'm freaking LIVID! :explode:

In my years and years of detailing I have rarely encountered such a terrible clear coat. Micro marring is to be expected after washing a car repeatedly after a fresh polish... However this kind of damage is ludicrous after 1 wash after a full polish! A text book perfect technique wash with all premium supplies.. I have seen washes from the paint destroying gas stations that haven't done this much damage in 1 single wash! My car looks like its never been polished however it was polished just a week ago! Had I known Hyundai's clear coat was this crappy I would have bought a white one!

Anyways - Until I can figure out if Hyundai will take care of this under warranty or not, the only thing I do aside from polishing the clear coat off with weekly polishings is GLAZE! Adam's Brilliant Glaze that is! I was involved in the beta of this glaze and I know first hand there is no better Glaze on the market!

I started out taping off the 'control line' to demonstrate the amazing abilities of this product:

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

I then got the goods out, Adam's Brilliant Glaze, and a Americana Applicator pad:

DSC_0134.jpg

I then applied the Glaze only to the front half of the driver side door:

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

Waiting for the product to dry:

DSC_0138.jpg

Then I removed the product with an Adam's double soft microfiber towel:

DSC_0139.jpg

The results!!

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

Below the 'exaggerated tape line' is due to the glaze getting under the tape:

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

I then buffed off the excess glaze to show the real deal:

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

The stuff is miraculous! So I finished up the other side of the door:

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

But I still have my work cut out for me:

DSC_0158.jpg

I'm going to have to order Brilliant Glaze by the 5 gallon container if this continues to go on... I remember the testing of this product and was blown away then... Glad I had it my shevles of goodies today because at least it can hide the terrible clear coat that lies beneath this miraculous product...

Meanwhile I'm going to have to talk to Hyundai - this a load of crap to say the least! I'm not going to glaze my car weekly to keep it looking good... No other clear coat on the planet has these kinds of issues. Thats what I get for not buying American :lolsmack:

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did a pretty good job thread jacking our own thread here :lol:
:2thumbs:
Another forum had a discussion going on 'what wax to use' and a member there posted that waxes are not needed... he washes his car with a few drops of dish soap once a week and its flawless with no scratches, swirls, or other issues.

Hes the conspiracy theory type who think that the entire detailing products industry is a scam out to take peoples money because all you need is dish soap, an old sponge, and a bath towel to have perfect paint.

See told everyone last week you don't need anything but SimpleGreen and this. It won't scratch or leave swirls it even disintegrates brake dust.

8507d1322939372-img_1827-478x640-.jpg

Ducking for cover. LOL

he must not keep cars longer than 5 years... i have seen plenty toyota's, hyundai's, honda's, kia's that are as new as 2006 models with the clear coat peeling off.

Yup.. a friend of mine has a '08 Santa Fe with clear coat failure on the hood, roof, and sides of the vehicle.

Another forum had a discussion going on 'what wax to use' and a member there posted that waxes are not needed... he washes his car with a few drops of dish soap once a week and its flawless with no scratches, swirls, or other issues.

Hes the conspiracy theory type who think that the entire detailing products industry is a scam out to take peoples money because all you need is dish soap, an old sponge, and a bath towel to have perfect paint.

he must not keep cars longer than 5 years... i have seen plenty toyota's, hyundai's, honda's, kia's that are as new as 2006 models with the clear coat peeling off.

So, been a year now (roughly) what did the car company say about the clear coat (nothing I'm sure helpful).

What did your investagation come up with Ryan?

Ryan, with your experience and ability if you aren't/can't keep swirls and such out of freshly detailed paint heaven help the masses.

I'm not near your experience but have come to believe on DD it is much worst then one would think trying to keep swirls out even with all the proper tech. Leaves you :help::confused: But we keep on working the addiction. ;)

Well truth be told I can't get rid of this car fast enough... I absolutely DESPISE this car. From the soft paint, rock hard suspension, -130hp, and rattly interior the only things I have come to like about it is the styling, and mpg. The dealer was less than helpful about the paint, I've come to just learn to combat it with either brilliant glaze or buttery wax to fill the marring. In all honestly, there is some good in all this bad... I have been spending more time with my family since I have taken the 'i don't care about this car' approach to maintaining it. Aside from oil changes, and a wash every 2-3 weeks this thing can take a long drive off a short pier because at least that way it would give me an excuse to get something else :lol:

The problem I have is I can't live with the swirls, so when I wash it I always end up laying down a layer of glaze so I don't have to see them all the time. Its a little more time consuming and I'm going through more glaze than beer, but it'll suffice for the time being.

Well truth be told I can't get rid of this car fast enough... I absolutely DESPISE this car. From the soft paint, rock hard suspension, -130hp, and rattly interior the only things I have come to like about it is the styling, and mpg. The dealer was less than helpful about the paint, I've come to just learn to combat it with either brilliant glaze or buttery wax to fill the marring. In all honestly, there is some good in all this bad... I have been spending more time with my family since I have taken the 'i don't care about this car' approach to maintaining it. Aside from oil changes, and a wash every 2-3 weeks this thing can take a long drive off a short pier because at least that way it would give me an excuse to get something else :lol:

The problem I have is I can't live with the swirls, so when I wash it I always end up laying down a layer of glaze so I don't have to see them all the time. Its a little more time consuming and I'm going through more glaze than beer, but it'll suffice for the time being.

And I was thinking it would be a nice car to own other then they say lacking power, pour gas mileage even though you like it?? Depends were you came from I guess.

I average about 37-38mpg with a 38mile commute (37 being freeway) @ 65-72mph. For the record, its not a bad car per say it's just not for me... I need something than I can have fun in... and this aint it.

who needs a unicorn hair brush when you can have this brush... A Verticoli. Handmade in Italy. They carve it out of illegal whalebone. They only make 11 of them a year. This one cost me $12,000 or 30 million lira. Perfectly balanced, low drag, minimal torque. I bet you'd like to know how minimal. Help yourself to the mane n' tail all you want, but don't even look at the verticoli. 'cause I will knock your block off. No exaggeration, I could not love a human baby as much as I love this brush.

original.jpg

Buwahahahahhhhhhahahhahahahahhhaaaaaaahhahahahhahahhhh!!! OMG!!! Absolutely love that part!!!!! Very nice play......

C'mon Ryan! According to the veloster site you don't need wax... protective products are just a construct of the US government designed to distract you with useless tasks while they insert puppet leadership and build an army of half man/half cow hybrid super soldiers to eventually place us into work camps harvesting cabbage for our overlords.

Duh!

:willy:

confusedchild.jpg

WHAT are you talking about?

who needs a unicorn hair brush when you can have this brush... A Verticoli. Handmade in Italy. They carve it out of illegal whalebone. They only make 11 of them a year. This one cost me $12,000 or 30 million lira. Perfectly balanced, low drag, minimal torque. I bet you'd like to know how minimal. Help yourself to the mane n' tail all you want, but don't even look at the verticoli. 'cause I will knock your block off. No exaggeration, I could not love a human baby as much as I love this brush.

original.jpg

Archived