Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Poster?

DP 08 GXP

i am having a fellow grand prix owner through a poster together for me....i have 2 versions so far and i think i know which one i like better but just wanted an outsiders view point.

DP08proof.jpg

i had him move the hp and torque to where it said the car's color on the first one

DP08proof1.jpg

which one do you like?

i am having a fellow grand prix owner through a poster together for me....i have 2 versions so far and i think i know which one i like better but just wanted an outsiders view point.

DP08proof.jpg

i had him move the hp and torque to where it said the car's color on the first one

DP08proof1.jpg

which one do you like?

Personally, I find them both too busy and distracting. I was thinking Where's Waldo comparing the two until I read your description of what changed.

Since all the pictures are dark, there's very little contrast between them, so it all blends together. Then the picture of the car is photoshopped on top of them with that ghost blue shadow for contrast. I'm not a graphic artist so I don't know the fix; that's just my observation of the aesthetics.

What's your goal? The facts or the pictures?

What's the primary focus? Highlight that.

What's the secondary focus/focii? Make them secondary.

Maybe less than 4 types of font.

Nothing's playing 2nd fiddle right now, so I don't know what to look at.

Personally, I find them both too busy and distracting. I was thinking Where's Waldo comparing the two until I read your description of what changed.

Since all the pictures are dark, there's very little contrast between them, so it all blends together. Then the picture of the car is photoshopped on top of them with that ghost blue shadow for contrast. I'm not a graphic artist so I don't know the fix; that's just my observation of the aesthetics.

What's your goal? The facts or the pictures?

What's the primary focus? Highlight that.

What's the secondary focus/focii? Make them secondary.

Maybe less than 4 types of font.

Nothing's playing 2nd fiddle right now, so I don't know what to look at.

i can see what you are saying...im going to have him take the mods off the bottom and replace that with the #1 of 149 in either the same font as the hp and torque numbers or the text that is used for the car name

How would it look with that awesome, angled picture of your car on the grass you posted the other day as the main focus. Don't crop out the background, but perhaps frame it or something.

Then put all the detail pics (instruments, brakes, etc) in individual boxes in a strip along one side (probably top, where they are now)....nice and crisp.

Then put all the text including mods somehow on the bottom with very little 'interference' behind them. Definitely keep the mods list. That's what sets your car apart.

Edit:

This is the picture I'm talking about. Didn't you WIN the voting because of this pic? (The background shows off the car's beauty.) If so, then use it! As they say, "Dance with the one that brung ya."

Pic1.jpg

and another lol...this is with the blue removed from the background

DP08-5.jpg

i am waiting for him to do it with the angled pic above to see how that turns out

That looking much better to me. All the blue background was not allowing that pretty metallic blue to pop.

I'm a little lost but I think #3, I like the fonts better.. (I'd remove the HP and Tq #s)or like someone suggested, that angled HDR shot by the water might be a good base.. that's a cool picture.

it's going to be pretty cool no matter which you use..:thumbsup:

I did something like this awhile back and the best advice was to get a better picture without all of the reflections in it. I would personal drop the blue drop shadow around the car, it's a little distracting from what you are trying to focus on.

I did something like this awhile back and the best advice was to get a better picture without all of the reflections in it. I would personal drop the blue drop shadow around the car, it's a little distracting from what you are trying to focus on.

as much as i would like to get a better pic the car is about 4 hours away in indiana with 17" rims that im sure are really nice :help:....i think im leaning towards the one without the blue as well

Archived