Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam, is it worth it?

jordan572

Question

I have a new camaro that is 2 years old, it is starting to show swirls. The only thing I do to protect the paint is clay and wax it. My question is if I buy the pc and all the other stuff will I see a noticeable change in the shine of my car? It is so new that I am worried that it already looks to good to benefit from the adams products all though the swirls do show quite a bit in the sun. I plan on buying about 700 dollars worth of stuff so when I start I have it all. Can this shine any better?

• Answers 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this foam gun talk makes me wonder how you get a swirl free car using WW? Unless you have a foam cannon, most of the foam is gone on the hose types in like 3 minutes anyway, so there goes your barrier. Also, Adams car shampoo is not an active cleaner. IIRC, that's what Dylan stated. So "pre-soaking" isn't really loosening anything up anyway, is it? OT I know...

If you do not think that the soap and water that comes out of the foam gun does not loosen up the dirt on the car, then explain to me why soaking a dirty dish that contains baked on food with soap, causes the food that is stuck to the dish to come off easier? It's the same principle.

I spend a ungodly amount of time on detailing and Corvette forums all over the globe. Some of them are not even in English.

I am glad you are here to share your knowledge. Thank you for the time you spend making your videos and for the excellent advice you impart on these forums. You are appreciated:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do not think that the soap and water that comes out of the foam gun does not loosen up the dirt on the car, then explain to me why soaking a dirty dish that contains baked on food with soap, causes the food that is stuck to the dish to come off easier? It's the same principle.

Except that dish soap contains active ingredients to break up grease

You also get the same effect soaking in plain water

I am glad you are here to share your knowledge. Thank you for the time you spend making your videos and for the excellent advice you impart on these forums. You are appreciated:)

Thanks. I enjoy what I do concerning cars. I just wish that they had the Internet when I started doing this stuff. I would have learned a lot more, a lot faster without wasting so much money. And I mean a lot of money.

Except that dish soap contains active ingredients to break up grease

And you believe that Adam's Car Shampoo doesn't? It would be pretty worthless if it didn't. I sure wouldn't be able to wash dirt off my engine or car with it if it didn't.

You also get the same effect soaking in plain water

Definitely not to the same degree or as fast.

I was asking AJ. I remember Dylan posting that because a poster stated that ther GW was still dirty after the 2 bucket when they were drying. That's when Dylan posted to add a few OZ of APC to the wash bucket.

Bad example though. Same principle wrong product. Dish soap strips wax and cleans oil from animals caught in a oil spill.

Thanks for the info though as always AJ, we don't always agree, but of course you have the body of work to back it up.

I agree Craig.

Discussions like this is what helps us all learn. I usually end up doing whatever Junkman says anyway, haha.

Adams shampoo has no active ingredients. It does not have the ability to break up dirt or grease or grime. At least that is what the makers of the shampoo claim.

Do I need to make a video and post it for you? I will spill oil on my paint, allow it to dry and then use the car shampoo to clean it up. Nothing else. I'll even post it in your name so that everyone knows that I made the video specifically for you. :D

I agree Craig.

Discussions like this is what helps us all learn. I usually end up doing whatever Junkman says anyway, haha.

I ONLY do what I do from what I've learned and it has to make perfectly good common sense for me to do it. If it doesn't, I will seek understanding or not do it at all. No one will ever ask me why I do something concerning this stuff and hear me say, "I don't know." If I got that answer from someone, my very next question would, "Then why in the hell are you doing it?"

That would be interesting fo sho. There should be a control part to your experiment too! Like wash with water, adams, and dish soap, all using the exact same technique.

That would be interesting fo sho. There should be a control part to your experiment too! Like wash with water, adams, and dish soap, all using the exact same technique.

I don't do that in real life so I wouldn't waste time making a video about washing with all three. I only use one, the car shampoo.

I think a few resellers here on forums still have the all american made foam gun by Adams. I personally have the Gilmour FM1, Good Gun does what I need it to do :).

ok, so now that I feel the need for a foam gun what one should I buy?

ok, so now that I feel the need for a foam gun what one should I buy?

If you want an Adam's Made in USA foam gun, I was able to snag one from Eric at Thompson's Racing. He's a forum member and an authorized Adam's reseller. If I'm not mistaken, he's probably posted in this thread. When I ordered one on 12/24, he had four left.

If you want an Adam's Made in USA foam gun, I was able to snag one from Eric at Thompson's Racing. He's a forum member and an authorized Adam's reseller. If I'm not mistaken, he's probably posted in this thread. When I ordered one on 12/24, he had four left.

Is the adams gun superior to the other guns? I just want to buy it all at once and that won't be until spring, unless the adams gun is really good i would rather wait? Thanks again everyone for all the help!

Two others of us have posted since then that we ordered guns from Thompson's. He may be down to his last one.

Is the adams gun superior to the other guns? I just want to buy it all at once and that won't be until spring, unless the adams gun is really good i would rather wait? Thanks again everyone for all the help!

Honestly, I can't say because I've only used this one. I can say this, it seems to be well made. There's nothing rinky dink about it. With proper care, I'm expecting it to last for years. For my purposes, it will be perfect. I'm sure there are other foam guns that are made in the USA that are just as good, but I think the key is that you get a product that's made here :patriot:.

I have one left, in a kit on our site! I had bought a Gilmour II a couple years ago. Think it was before they switched to made in China and I have an Adam's Foam Gun. The Adam's Foam Gun is far superior to the Gilmour in foam output and distance. It works, but if I had the choice, I'd buy the Adam's Gun. Plus Gilmour is Made In China now!

I have one left, in a kit on our site! I had bought a Gilmour II a couple years ago. Think it was before they switched to made in China and I have an Adam's Foam Gun. The Adam's Foam Gun is far superior to the Gilmour in foam output and distance. It works, but if I had the choice, I'd buy the Adam's Gun. Plus Gilmour is Made In China now!

PM sent!

Archived