Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam, is it worth it?

jordan572

Question

I have a new camaro that is 2 years old, it is starting to show swirls. The only thing I do to protect the paint is clay and wax it. My question is if I buy the pc and all the other stuff will I see a noticeable change in the shine of my car? It is so new that I am worried that it already looks to good to benefit from the adams products all though the swirls do show quite a bit in the sun. I plan on buying about 700 dollars worth of stuff so when I start I have it all. Can this shine any better?

• Answers 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short answer yes. You get the shine from polishing...not the wax you apply. If you have swirls, you will benefit from any type of polishing. Your car does look good BTW, but the true test like Junkman always says, is the flash test. It will open your eyes if you've never polished it before.

The benefit from Adam's is that it's the best system out there...along with the greatest customer service in the industry.

Even if you picked up the car from the dealer this morning, chances are you would benefit from some leveling of polishing. Remember to start out with a small 2 x 2 section and correct that first...starting with FMP.

Car looks great BTW!

Agree with the statement regarding picking up a new car from the dealership. We just picked up our new black metallic Volvo S60. When looking close, it has swirls. Can't wait to use my new Flex purchased from Adams last month. Your great looking Camaro will look fantastic using the Adams Polishing "System."

I disagree with both of you. With my 2-bucket wash, the foam gun is just as important as any other piece of the 2-bucket wash. If you truly understand what the foam gun does, how can you not see the importance of using one?

So you are saying that in order to have a swirl free wash, you MUST use a foam gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are saying that in order to have a swirl free wash, you MUST use a foam gun?

I'm saying in order to do a proper 2-bucket wash, you must use a foam gun. If the dirt is not matted to the finish, you may get away without one for that wash. If the dirt is matted to the finish and you don't perform a step equal to a foam gun, you WILL create swirls, period. If you truly understand what the foam gun does, this will make sense to you. Again, it's not rocket science, it's common sense.

Why do you think that there are so many swirled up cars out there?

Do you use it every time you wash?

Every freakin' time without exception.

I just bought an Adam's Foam Gun from Eric at Thompson Racing (he still had some of the Made in USA guns available) and I've got to say that Dylan is right. It's a blast to shoot foamy bubbles all over the car. That being said, I can see the exact benefit of using a foam gun to prep before wash. For one thing, it helps pre soak the car beyond just rinsing it down with the fire hose nozzle (yes, I bought the fire hose nozzle and the brass shut off valve as a combo and they are also worth it.). Secondly this performs the same basic function that the wash pad does in that it protects the clear coat from the dirt by introducing a layer of shampoo/bubbles. So in my opinion, in the way the 2 bucket wash system helps keep dirt and grit out of your wash pad AND wash bucket, the foam laid down from the foam gun also helps elevate the dirt above the surface of the paint the same way the foam coming out of the wash pad does. I don't know if that makes any sense, but in my mind it's like double the protection in the same way the 2 wash buckets provide double the protection.

I know this much, after I finally correct the swirls in my paint, I'm doing every possible thing I can to keep from introducing swirls back into my black finish!!! I will have spent many hours laboring over my PC/Flex correcting it and the last thing I want to do is be the cause of swirls reappearing.

One of Junkman's mantras is sloppy & improper technique will cause you a lot of problems!

Also, on a side note, I was wondering about the benefit I'd get out of a foam gun at my house because I have rather low water pressure. Not a worry! I couldn't believe how well the foam gun worked as well as the fire hose nozzle. I'd buy them both all over again if I had to!

I just bought an Adam's Foam Gun from Eric at Thompson Racing (he still had some of the Made in USA guns available) and I've got to say that Dylan is right. It's a blast to shoot foamy bubbles all over the car. That being said, I can see the exact benefit of using a foam gun to prep before wash. For one thing, it helps pre soak the car beyond just rinsing it down with the fire hose nozzle (yes, I bought the fire hose nozzle and the brass shut off valve as a combo and they are also worth it.). Secondly this performs the same basic function that the wash pad does in that it protects the clear coat from the dirt by introducing a layer of shampoo/bubbles. So in my opinion, in the way the 2 bucket wash system helps keep dirt and grit out of your wash pad AND wash bucket, the foam laid down from the foam gun also helps elevate the dirt above the surface of the paint the same way the foam coming out of the wash pad does. I don't know if that makes any sense, but in my mind it's like double the protection in the same way the 2 wash buckets provide double the protection.

You kind of lost me on the wash pad part but overall, BINGO. You understand how this works. For someone with a black car, that is imperative. :thumbsup:

I'm saying in order to do a proper 2-bucket wash, you must use a foam gun. If the dirt is not matted to the finish, you may get away without one for that wash. If the dirt is matted to the finish and you don't perform a step equal to a foam gun, you WILL create swirls, period. If you truly understand what the foam gun does, this will make sense to you. Again, it's not rocket science, it's common sense.

This is not a universally held opinion.

Common sense by its very definition would mean it is widely known.

I agree Craig.

Discussions like this is what helps us all learn. I usually end up doing whatever Junkman says anyway, haha.

I ONLY do what I do from what I've learned and it has to make perfectly good common sense for me to do it. If it doesn't, I will seek understanding or not do it at all. No one will ever ask me why I do something concerning this stuff and hear me say, "I don't know." If I got that answer from someone, my very next question would, "Then why in the hell are you doing it?"

I have one left, in a kit on our site! I had bought a Gilmour II a couple years ago. Think it was before they switched to made in China and I have an Adam's Foam Gun. The Adam's Foam Gun is far superior to the Gilmour in foam output and distance. It works, but if I had the choice, I'd buy the Adam's Gun. Plus Gilmour is Made In China now!

PM sent!

I have one left, in a kit on our site! I had bought a Gilmour II a couple years ago. Think it was before they switched to made in China and I have an Adam's Foam Gun. The Adam's Foam Gun is far superior to the Gilmour in foam output and distance. It works, but if I had the choice, I'd buy the Adam's Gun. Plus Gilmour is Made In China now!

Is the adams gun superior to the other guns? I just want to buy it all at once and that won't be until spring, unless the adams gun is really good i would rather wait? Thanks again everyone for all the help!

Honestly, I can't say because I've only used this one. I can say this, it seems to be well made. There's nothing rinky dink about it. With proper care, I'm expecting it to last for years. For my purposes, it will be perfect. I'm sure there are other foam guns that are made in the USA that are just as good, but I think the key is that you get a product that's made here :patriot:.

If you want an Adam's Made in USA foam gun, I was able to snag one from Eric at Thompson's Racing. He's a forum member and an authorized Adam's reseller. If I'm not mistaken, he's probably posted in this thread. When I ordered one on 12/24, he had four left.

Two others of us have posted since then that we ordered guns from Thompson's. He may be down to his last one.

If you want an Adam's Made in USA foam gun, I was able to snag one from Eric at Thompson's Racing. He's a forum member and an authorized Adam's reseller. If I'm not mistaken, he's probably posted in this thread. When I ordered one on 12/24, he had four left.

Is the adams gun superior to the other guns? I just want to buy it all at once and that won't be until spring, unless the adams gun is really good i would rather wait? Thanks again everyone for all the help!

ok, so now that I feel the need for a foam gun what one should I buy?

I think a few resellers here on forums still have the all american made foam gun by Adams. I personally have the Gilmour FM1, Good Gun does what I need it to do :).

ok, so now that I feel the need for a foam gun what one should I buy?

That would be interesting fo sho. There should be a control part to your experiment too! Like wash with water, adams, and dish soap, all using the exact same technique.

I don't do that in real life so I wouldn't waste time making a video about washing with all three. I only use one, the car shampoo.

That would be interesting fo sho. There should be a control part to your experiment too! Like wash with water, adams, and dish soap, all using the exact same technique.

All this foam gun talk makes me wonder how you get a swirl free car using WW? Unless you have a foam cannon, most of the foam is gone on the hose types in like 3 minutes anyway, so there goes your barrier. Also, Adams car shampoo is not an active cleaner. IIRC, that's what Dylan stated. So "pre-soaking" isn't really loosening anything up anyway, is it? OT I know...

If you do not think that the soap and water that comes out of the foam gun does not loosen up the dirt on the car, then explain to me why soaking a dirty dish that contains baked on food with soap, causes the food that is stuck to the dish to come off easier? It's the same principle.

Archived