Customer Service 866.965.0400

The 1966 Pontiac GTO.... A Story......

Adam

...Well, the new GTO suddenly looks like it might become a down payment on a house, and the saga continues!

:willy:

Happy Wife = Happy Life. While there's plenty of nice cars out there a good wife is a little more hard to find...and replacement wives are certainly more expensive than replacement cars!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm late to the party as usual. Beautiful car Adam, congrats. But yes, a house is much more important. Like my boss tells me, "you never realize how much money you make till the kids move out". They are worth every dime though. Good luck, whichever way the car and house go.

Bruce

Ohhhh yeah, 3 car garage is key!!:thumbsup:

That's a nice looking Pad there Adam. At one point or another in life we all have to make a sacrifice.

When I built my home about 12 years ago the wife and I were in ahh about how big it was. I remember walking on the foundation with the wife a couple of days after the foundation was poured and looking at how big the garage was as well. I let her pick out the plans, the only request I had was a 3 car garage. From the front it looks like a 2 car, 24 feet wide and 45 feet deep. Next time it will be a bigger garage and smaller house...lol. And the wife is ok with that.

The car made it safely to the warehouse with an enclosed transport outfit, and our team members Chris and Mario were there to unload it. I wanted to wait, but it was time to put our daughter Luca to bed, and I wasn't going to miss that for anything!

At any rate, the car showed up just in time to use in our display at the Greybeard Hot Rod & Custom Show at the Denver Convention Center, over Thanksgiving weekend... without even entering the car, it won 3rd place in it's class...crazy! Photo is on setup day:

While at that show, we had a chance to meet the renowned restoration expert, Jack Farland. He started a first class detailing operation, Country Club Detailing in 1991 with his wife and sister. As the business grew, detailing was taken to a new level, and they re-named the business Classic Restoration in Englewood, Colorado.

Classic Restoration | Home

Jack came to see the car, and he gave me a quote on getting a few loose ends tied up on the car. He was kind, and indeed we went with his team to handle the car's needs. It was delivered to Classic Restoration a week after the show.

Check out one of their recent advertisements:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pRbgo1FxAtc" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

:thumbsup:

It took 3rd in it's class when ALL I had done to it at that point was make the top pop again! After it won on Saturday Night, I came back the next morning with one goal:

Get it polished out and looking like the judges messed up and should have made it take first place!

I only hope it was up to "Expectation" when Adam came by. :D

Mook

Continued.....

This is our 10th year visiting the auctions in Scottsdale, and the crew that I have attended the show with for the past 8 years is Burt and Mike of Bay West Real Estate.

They were our Hermosa Beach neighbors in 2000, when I started this little company, and rented the 200sq ft office space next door. Burt and Mike are great friends, and when I told them that I was selling the GTO in Scottsdale, they wanted in!

That was music to my ears, and they each invested a third in the car, transportation, and turn around. We have talked about selling or buying a car one year, and what better year than this, and what better car?

Well, now, you realize that this is not only nerve racking to me, but the racking is extended to two of my very good friends! We rent a little house there in AZ every year, and drive to the different auctions, drooling on the cars at the RM Auction, Gooding & Co, Russo & Steele, and typically spend the most time at Barrett-Jackson.

Since we have friends at the BJ, who were able to get us a good time on the stage, it was there that we decided to sell the car...and at NO RESERVE!!

:xfingers::willy:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

another great story, Adam.

You should put out some nook books. Not that I own a nook, but I'd download the PDF's and read every word!

Archived