Customer Service 866.965.0400

Got my new Undercarriage washer!

3PedalMINI

Question

Heres a video of me testing it out of the box. It is AWESOME, i was worried that the fans would be to powerful but its a nice gentle stream with just enough power to knock the salt/grim off. Ill also be using this with "salt away" to neatralize the salt and leave a "protective" layer for the next snow storm

cost me $60 bucks:thumbsup: Using a 2600psi craftsman pressure washer

iframe>

Heres a video of me testing it out of the box. It is AWESOME, i was worried that the fans would be to powerful but its a nice gentle stream with just enough power to knock the salt/grim off. Ill also be using this with "salt away" to neatralize the salt and leave a "protective" layer for the next snow storm

IFRAME>

Neat :2thumbs:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I wanted to take one of those (Dewalt driveway/sidewalk attachments) and move the wheels to the top (making it the bottom) and use it for my undercarriage sprayer. Looks like what they did.

Oh well, another idea I had years ago - down the loo.

Awesome! Brendon, where did you get it?

Ebay! i was going to build one but it would have ended up costing around 120. Similar if not the same one are going for 200+ on websites. It is actually heavy for the size and extremely well built!

I got the one that had the extension wand but it is universal and a new wand could be found at HD for $15 :thumbsup: It is a standard quick disconnect so if you already have a wand your set!!

16" Undercarriage Cleaner, 4000 PSI for Pressure Washer | eBay

I wanted to take one of those (Dewalt driveway/sidewalk attachments) and move the wheels to the top (making it the bottom) and use it for my undercarriage sprayer. Looks like what they did.

Oh well, another idea I had years ago - down the loo.

Thats what i was worried about, that they took a water broom and flipped the nozzles around. But they have different tips in their. The typical water broom is 25-30 degrees and this is a 40 degree nozzle.

Can U explain how to use the "Salt Away" with this machine. Never heard of it - seen the machine but don't know anything about adding the salt.

Tks.

Salt away was developed for the marine industry to neutralize the salt in engines and cooling systems. I use it to flush my system out on my jet ski and wash down the engine and there is not one bit of corrosion or rust. It truely does work!

Heres a quote from the manufacture:

Salt-Away is a Motor Flush for inboard, outboard, I/O and personal watercraft motors and an exterior salt removing treatment. Salt-Away is water based, non-hazardous, biodegradable, and contains properties that attack and remove salt from any surface. Repeated use with Salt-Away will break down and remove old salt and rust deposits. Safe for use on any metal, aluminum, fiberglass, paint, rubber, plastic, chrome, glass, or any surface exposed to salt. Salt-Away will not strip away waxes, but will wash away salt and leave a protective film on the surface to protect against rusting.

I take the little mixing bottle, attach it to the inlet side of of pressure washer and go to work. Its super concentrated so a bottle will probably last you 3-4 hard winters.:thumbsup: It also can be found at your local boat supply store!

http://www.amazon.com/Salt-Away-Products-Mixer-Combo-32oz/dp/B0000AXNJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326294154&sr=8-1

Salt-Away Home Page

thats cool, but who's really going to look under your car? :lol:

I agree, but I can think of the following reasons, actually:

1. to impress anyone working on your car (like a mechanic when they put it up on a lift, etc.) it may start a conversation about car care.

2. self satisfaction for you OCD folks

3. if you live by the beach and have been there recently, you want to spray off the salt residue

It's neat looking, but it looks too tall to fit under my car :(

iframe>

Where did you get that from !!!

This is a cool tool BUT I would caution you about high pressure spraying salt water (WITHOUT Salt Away being mixed into the water) into "tight" places that will not drain/dry properly (during the winter months) causing more rust than if you did not use this washer.

I have lived in NJ all my life and when the snow melts and massive rain puddles form on the roads we call it a free under carriage wash..... This will wash the salt off and will drip naturally rather than forcing the salty water UP, BEHIND and INTO the panels and frame rails where it can freeze and not fully dry causing it to start the rust/corrosion cycle to start.

I would say this sprayer is a good thing to use only during the warm months like April to October because the salt will already be naturally washed away (by rain puddles) and there is enough heat during the day to dry everything.

I just had my daily driver up on my lift and it is very clean under there.... Wheel wells are another story and I wash them with a soapy brush and rinse with a garden hose THEN I use Salt Away mixed with water from a garden sprayer as a "final rinse" and do not wash it off.... This stuff works!! :banana:

Get a garden sprayer and mix some Salt Away and spray inside your rear bumper and wheel wells (where ever it gets road dirt) with it every time you wash your car during the winter

Edited by Chuckster

I really like this! I'm OCD about keeping my red springs and sway bar clean (and red!) and this beats laying down on wet pavement at the wash bay. Only problem is I got rid of my pressure washer thinking I'd be easier to go to the wash bay where the water is heated...May have to rethink that now. Thanks for sharing!!

This is a cool tool BUT I would caution you about high pressure spraying salt water (WITHOUT Salt Away being mixed into the water) into "tight" places that will not drain/dry properly (during the winter months) causing more rust than if you did not use this washer.

I have lived in NJ all my life and when the snow melts and massive rain puddles form on the roads we call it a free under carriage wash..... This will wash the salt off and will drip naturally rather than forcing the salty water UP, BEHIND and INTO the panels and frame rails where it can freeze and not fully dry causing it to start the rust/corrosion cycle to start.

I would say this sprayer is a good thing to use only during the warm months like April to October because the salt will already be naturally washed away (by rain puddles) and there is enough heat during the day to dry everything.

I just had my daily driver up on my lift and it is very clean under there.... Wheel wells are another story and I wash them with a soapy brush and rinse with a garden hose THEN I use Salt Away mixed with water from a garden sprayer as a "final rinse" and do not wash it off.... This stuff works!! :banana:

Get a garden sprayer and mix some Salt Away and spray inside your rear bumper and wheel wells (where ever it gets road dirt) with it every time you wash your car during the winter

Where I live, salt is sprayed on very heavy. This too includes our City streets. When the snow gets soft enough to plow, it's naturally pushed onto the sides of the road. This of course includes the salt.

Until the snow, along the sides of the roads are completely melted and you still have that 'running water' on the roads, the spray still contains the salt.

Once all of the roadside snow has completely melted, then and only then, is when we give our vehicles a "thorough" underside washing.

High pressure washing is normally good for getting most of the salt removed. However, it's like washing a motorcycle with a hose. This forces water into areas that you simple can not dry - same is applicable with vehicles and salt.

Talked with a supervisor from the Oregon Dept. of Transportation about salt. He said even when the roadsides are completely bare of snow, and for a week or weeks following, when it rains, the earth still contains a lot of the salt. I doubted that, however after driving after a rain storm and then looking at the sides of the vehicles, I could see where this salt was still being sprayed onto them.

Look at the sides of the road during the summer months. You will hardly seen any vegetation growing. That's how nasty this stuff is. Google this and you will see that it's not even healthy to enhale any roadside dust.