Customer Service 866.965.0400

Your Cars/Trucks Evolution

egott_91

I always enjoy seeing pictures of other people cars and being able to whore mine out whenever possible. Lol. I also like to see the transformation some people have put their car through, whether it be restoring, modding, or demodding to bring it to it's glorious self. So, ladies and gentlemen, I figured it would be a cool idea to start a thread on what you have done to your cars/trucks since you have bought them. You can either just post pictures if they're all appearance, or you can add a detailed description along with it if you'd like. As for me, I'll just post pictures and if anyone has questions, they can ask. Here it goes!

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS SLP #2008

Day I went and looked at it (don't ask why the moron put a shift light on an auto...)

052.jpg

037.jpg

039.jpg

057.jpg

Once I got it washed off from being delivered on a flat bed (notice the crooked exhaust tip due to the flat bed driver)

98SS5.jpg

98SS.jpg

98SS7.jpg

Chrome plate on the SS scoop inlet removed

98SS19.jpg

Clear side markers

98SS34.jpg

Painted brake calipers:

Before:

StockCaliper7.jpg

After:

FrontBrakes3.jpg

WheelandCaliper.jpg

"Berger" mod:

BergerPaneloff.jpg

BergerPanelPainted2.jpg

036.jpg

BergerPanel.jpg

P1030288.jpg

Painted behind grille:

039-1.jpg

Grille.jpg

Grille2.jpg

Lowered and New wheels:

Before:

072.jpg

After:

102_0337.jpg

New exhaust (from SLP loudmouth to Borlamouth through center mount):

Before:

(See above pictures)

After:

822c0d4f.jpg

P1030358.jpg

Grille change (from billet to custom painted SLP SS grille):

Before:

(See above pictures)

After:

P1030335.jpg

My favorite mod: :lolsmack:

044-1.jpg

Finished product:

P1030364.jpg

471bb1cf.jpg

Note: It may not look lowered that much in pictures, the camera makes it look like it sits higher, but in real life it sits perfect in my book. Also, somewhere along the line the 3rd brakelight and rear side markers got blacked out and I got a new SS nose emblem.

So, everyone, let's see yours! As you can see, mine went through quite a transformation from bone stock appearance wise, to how it sits now. I also have a decal to put on the hood scoop this spring.:burnout:

Edited by egott_91

Nice find just wonder who would leave a corvette deteriorate to the condition of the first pictures. Amazing recovery though.

She was in her 80's and bought it in 1970 in San Diego. Got married, drove the car here to Oregon, parked it in that shed/barn and it sat there for 27 years until I bought it from her.

Here is the progress of my 1977 c10

Engine Bay before:

004.jpg

Engine Bay After:

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

The overall's truck appearance before:

029.jpg

032.jpg

015-3.jpg

After:

033-2.jpg

036-2.jpg

039-2.jpg

032-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

The truck has made some progress. Future plans are to lower it and re-do the interior....

She was in her 80's and bought it in 1970 in San Diego. Got married, drove the car here to Oregon, parked it in that shed/barn and it sat there for 27 years until I bought it from her.

Yeah, we never should have let it leave the state though! LOL. Beautiful job. I still want a C2 coupe.

Bruce

Yeah, we never should have let it leave the state though! LOL. Beautiful job. I still want a C2 coupe.

Bruce

You would have had to stop her in 1979 because that was the last year it was registered before I bought it.:cheers:Thanks for the :2thumbs:

I always enjoy seeing pictures of other people cars and being able to whore mine out whenever possible. Lol. I also like to see the transformation some people have put their car through, whether it be restoring, modding, or demodding to bring it to it's glorious self. So, ladies and gentlemen, I figured it would be a cool idea to start a thread on what you have done to your cars/trucks since you have bought them. You can either just post pictures if they're all appearance, or you can add a detailed description along with it if you'd like. As for me, I'll just post pictures and if anyone has questions, they can ask. Here it goes!

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS SLP #2008

Note: It may not look lowered that much in pictures, the camera makes it look like it sits higher, but in real life it sits perfect in my book. Also, somewhere along the line the 3rd brakelight and rear side markers got blacked out and I got a new SS nose emblem.

So, everyone, let's see yours! As you can see, mine went through quite a transformation from bone stock appearance wise, to how it sits now. I also have a decal to put on the hood scoop this spring.:burnout:

i used to have one of those - 1999 1le ss 6sp.

1791-2571-31902.jpg

1791-2571-31903.jpg

drove it 'til the axles bent

Well her is the evolution of my Sky

Stock

DSC081921.jpg

My first mod was to fill in the Saturn emblem on the front chrome piece and then it was painted with a cherry pearl. it lasted a year or so befor enough rock chips caused me to cover it with vinyl Carbon Fiber. while I was at it I made the hood vents functional and had them painted as well.

DSC09495.jpg

Next was an RK Sport Hood

DSC09689.jpg

And RK SPort Front Lip

DSC09647.jpg

then the engine got a few upgrades including an new intercooler, IC pipes, CAI, and a FlowMaster Exhaust. You cant see the HP tune that is also installed.

DSCN2090.jpg

Then I came here and learned a little bit about detailing:

webCA97H5JF.jpg

Wrapped the interior with some faux carbon fiber. I also removed the fenders and made the side vents functional and wrapped them in the same stuff.

DSCN7677.jpg

Added some cool lights (OK I think they are cool but few others agree)

DSCN6538.jpg

Then everything was repainted, a new rear facia was created and installed, and it was finally one color again.

DSCN6414-2.jpg

DSCN6434.jpg

The car with the biggest evolution was my old Civic.

2003-2005: How I bought it, white on white. AEM SRI, no name header and HKS Hi-Power exhaust.

2000EX.jpg

2005: Painted Electron Blue Pearl, new wheels, Tokico Illumina suspension, Skunk 2 short throw shifter.

randy3.jpg

randy1.jpg

2005-2008: Edelbrock Open Track Turbo system (lots items in there), Skunk2 exhaust and test pipe, Turbo XS boost controller, APEXi Turbo Timer and Autometer gauges. Also changed my wheels again Limited Edition Matte Black Buddy Club P1 Racing SF Challenge with Work RS lugnuts. My God..the rock chips! :help:

photoshoot4.jpg

100_3363.jpg

photoshoot3.jpg

photoshoot12.jpg

photoshoot7.jpg

2008-2011: Swapped out the ricey body kit for OEM pieces

IMG_7860.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7850.jpg

And my absolute favorite picture of me and that car:

RandyandCivic.jpg

photo3.jpg

Nice, how bright is that LED bar? jeep looks great btw!

Nice transformations guys! Ill make sure to remember this thread in a few months when i can put everything together and make my transformation further.

dipolley-sky looks great, definitely not like anyone elses. I have a few things for my moms redline in the summer, nothing huge but just little tweaks i like on all of our cars.