Customer Service 866.965.0400

DIY De Badge

bigaudiofanatic

Well last night I thought it was time to take off the Altima and the 2.5 S on my car.

Why? Well I think it looks a lot cleaner and with adding a aftermarket exhaust your focus will be drawn to it and not the emblems.

Items used

3M Adhesive Remover "Safe for paint"

Heat gun "Lowest setting"

Adam's All purpose cleaner

Adam's Detail Spray

Adam's Clay Bar

Adam's towels

Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover

Fishing Line

2012-02-29170705.jpg

Started by heating up the emblems until I could twist them with my fingers. Than used fishing line to pull behind them and remove. This was very simple.

Now the hard part. Removing the adhesive.

Started by soaking the adhesive down with Adhesive remover.

2012-02-29105255.jpg

After working it in with my fingers and taking probably 10 minutes to remove most of the adhesive. I went back over them will all purpose cleaner. Than rinsed

Fallowed by clay bay and detail spray. After wiping it all down and say that all the adhesive was gone it was time to get it looking right.

Before

IMG-20120229-00014.jpg

After swirl and haze remover

StowCreek-20120229-00015.jpg

All better

2012-02-29175014.jpg

2012-03-01074422.jpg

I've always loved debagded rearends, but this one really transformed the look. It actually looks more sporty and high end! Great job! I'm not a nissan expert, but are there any cool emblems that nissan has or is associated with that you could swap out the middle nissan logo for. That might make it mysterious but still tie it in with the brand. Just a thought, but it looks great! Maybe some bigger chrome tips too! haha, sorry its a sickness! lol

Very cool! :glasses:

This is helping convince me to do this, been wanting to do this with my Mazda 6. Generally speaking I think all the badges on cars distract and are ugly. Removing them allows you to see the car for what it really is and not just a 'name'.

I'm actually getting ready to remove the "CAMARO" badge from my side panals and replace with the retro scripted word "Camaro".

Didn't think of the heat gun. Glad you posted this. I like how yours came out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always loved debagded rearends, but this one really transformed the look. It actually looks more sporty and high end! Great job! I'm not a nissan expert, but are there any cool emblems that nissan has or is associated with that you could swap out the middle nissan logo for. That might make it mysterious but still tie it in with the brand. Just a thought, but it looks great! Maybe some bigger chrome tips too! haha, sorry its a sickness! lol

Very cool! :glasses:

This is helping convince me to do this, been wanting to do this with my Mazda 6. Generally speaking I think all the badges on cars distract and are ugly. Removing them allows you to see the car for what it really is and not just a 'name'.

I'm actually getting ready to remove the "CAMARO" badge from my side panals and replace with the retro scripted word "Camaro".

Didn't think of the heat gun. Glad you posted this. I like how yours came out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, they have a nismo badge that looks like this.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Nismo-Emblem-Nissan-Aluminum-Nameplate/dp/B0013GF8FM]Amazon.com: Nismo Emblem Nissan Aluminum Auto Emblem Badge Nameplate: Automotive[/ame]

However I think after I get the nismo exhaust on soon your eyes will want to look DOWN

nissan-altima-nismo-cat-back-897big.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbxMS6EpW8Y]Nismo Full exhaust. altima 2.5 - YouTube[/ame]

No, no, no, no, no

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVd8TUx0jFo&feature=g-upl&context=G2532588AUAAAAAAAAAA]2009 Pontiac G8 GT w/ Solo Mach Shorty[/ame]

but the rear looks much better without the badging

:cheers:

Archived