Customer Service 866.965.0400

DETAILED: 2012 Lamborghini Aventador

Team Adam's

Dylan@Adams & Dave@Innovative Detailing VS. Pure Italian Beauty!

This has been a project Dave and I have been looking forward to for awhile, the owner is a regular customer of Innovative detailing, but hadn't had a full prep done on the car... yet. Yesterday was the day.

As you can see from the before shots the issues are very minimal, this was a job to take good and make it great.

The process was pretty straight forward, basic exterior cleanup and wash, followed by a paint correction. The PC 7424xp and Flex 3401 were used. Most correction was done with Adam's Fine Machine Polish and Gen4 White pads... a few areas were polished again using a Gray Gen4 Pad and Fine Machine. Paint was EXTREMELY soft and anything more aggressive seemed to mar slightly.

The entire forward section of the car has been covered with PPF film so those areas, especially around the edges, were sealed with Adam's Quick Sealant.

The entire car was machine glazed with the new Gen4 red pad and Adam's Brilliant Glaze the topped with Americana Paste wax by hand.

Interior was spotless, a quick wipe down with a towel was all that was needed, glass was also clean and simply wiped with a dry towel.

Enough talking... on to the pics.

BEFORE:

(from a distance everything looked great)

61819e4e.jpg

a8cc12ca.jpg

a4af7ad1.jpg

8856cdb0.jpg

6f6c3b43.jpg

3747e80a.jpg

a54e0a98.jpg

Dave started in on the wheels and we then moved to a quick wash:

ed281aa1.jpg

c157f674.jpg

28f5e49b.jpg

9c794d06.jpg

9306cf1a.jpg

9306cf1a.jpg

b24294ed.jpg

Documenting some of the problem areas including bird dropping stains, very fine swirling, and some buffing/haze artifacts left behind either by dealer prep or the factory:

a57f88a1.jpg

5aae9bff.jpg

7b78c993.jpg

bc9c7b4a.jpg

The biggest eye sore was the rear deck... either a previous detailer had hazed the panel, perhaps at the dealer, or the factory prep was a little rushed. Either way the paint was definitely in need of attention:

8b89af03.jpg

Before masking off the film and trim we used the blaster sidekick to eliminate as much of the trapped water as we could. With so many edges and tight areas this car held a ton of water

62152964.jpg

6745691e.jpg

0bb1f3c6.jpg

Engine bay was spotless. A quick detail spray wipe down for dust was all that was needed

416e518f.jpg

All masked up and ready to start

5adddb6c.jpg

690056f4.jpg

We split the car up and went tow work with the machines

2b9c86a0.jpg

846845f3.jpg

Checking my progress on some sections... flawless!

5fb7803b.jpg

02571afb.jpg

Vertical doors make for some interesting polishing postions

0a6c93d7.jpg

b881109b.jpg

After we were satisfied with the correction we moved into glazing... gen4 red pad, flex 3401 at low speed, brilliant glaze.

3e9316a9.jpg

b3aa8e25.jpg

Icing on the cake

96aeb024.jpg

Black mirror

d4956a75.jpg

This detail approved by Innovative Detailing

7641f2ff.jpg

b3bfcf49.jpg

90d0e18e.jpg

Interior got a quick towel wipe down. Aside from a small amount of dust the interior was flawless. As you can see the dash is a bit of reach...

7c2ed279.jpg

8a755d8d.jpg

71a711b4.jpg

Touched up the glass over the engine with Adam's Glass Cleaner and a glass towel

9371d6d6.jpg

Tires, trim, and all the vents/diffusers, etc were treated with Adam's Super VRT and/or Adam's In & Out Spray

4144beaa.jpg

Wrapping up... the wind had picked up and we wanted to make sure the car stayed perfect. We had the owner quickly pull the car out for full sun inspection and got it back into the garage to avoid any dust settling on the newly perfected finish

90fc5c4c.jpg

bf6dc479.jpg

e21fd0eb.jpg

e921a467.jpg

668b35f9.jpg

b66e434c.jpg

b66945fe.jpg

92d39944.jpg

Out into the sun

4d33ae18.jpg

d5885bf8.jpg

406967ab.jpg

251ed25b.jpg

f6ac82a0.jpg

e0dbebde.jpg

765d6faa.jpg

0fb41a65.jpg

c1b94483.jpg

388fd732.jpg

e5294a5a.jpg

Tucked back in the garage... job done!

4e44dd96.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome. Get to drive it?

No... the owner was there and willing to move it. I didn't want that kind of responsibility.

Bet those nooks and crannys were fun. :willy:

I don't think I've ever detailed something with so many 'hard to polish' areas.

Un-freaking-believable!

Great looking car and great looking detail!

Thank you!

:drool: x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

That is definitely a dream car of mine!

Awesome job as always!

One thing that the factory needs to address is the fender gap on the front...you would think that it would be just as small as the rear, but it's not. I feel like if you're paying that much for a car right away that it should have the perfect stance! Just my thought.

One thing that the factory needs to address is the fender gap on the front...you would think that it would be just as small as the rear, but it's not. I feel like if you're paying that much for a car right away that it should have the perfect stance! Just my thought.

I'm not much up on Lambos, but does this car level like the Ferrari 458? i said the same thing when I saw it but once you get up to 45 (I think) the car lowers. It was to keep the driver from rubbing on things.

I'm not much up on Lambos, but does this car level like the Ferrari 458? i said the same thing when I saw it but once you get up to 45 (I think) the car lowers. It was to keep the driver from rubbing on things.

You know, that's a possibility, that they have self-leveling systems in them. It would still make me mad that my $500k car had a 1/2 foot of front fender gap while sitting in my garage. Lol.

You know, that's a possibility, that they have self-leveling systems in them. It would still make me mad that my $500k car had a 1/2 foot of front fender gap while sitting in my garage. Lol.

In the pictures the owner had lifted the front end up... it has a system that adds I think 2" of height to the front so you can get over speed bumps and things. If you look at the pics his driveway, curb is rather steep. Even with the assist he barely cleared it.

Great Job! What was the first product used to buff with the white pad? Was the bird dropping stain able to buff out?

Fine Machine Polish for everything... the stain was on portion of the clear film, we were able to improve, but not completely remove it. He was going to have the PPF guys replace that section of the film eventually.

Can you go into where/why the PC was used over the flex?

They were both used... the PC for the bulk of the correction, the flex in some areas with more significant swirls or damage. The rear deck most notably.

Just a brinkman dual xenon light... I keep it with my supplies just for when I need light on a small spot. Its good for spot inspections, but I wouldn't rely on it as your only light source on any job.... we used the halogens for this entire car and still did a full sun inspection afterwards. A good detail will require 2-3 different types of light to get all the conditions covered.