Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Walk around?

crowvet

Ok, I realized I have an odd habit that I feel may be a side affect of my addiction to detail. After a full paint correction, if I park my car in a crowded parking lot I walk around the far side of the car to inspect for door dings ect. I then proceed to the drivers door. Wow, this must look pretty weird to a non addict? Have any of the rest of you reached this level of insanity? I so do not want to be alone :lol:

I do the same thing. I park far away from everyone when I park my car my wife hates it lol.

I agree on the "park far away from everyone" portion... but my wife is more of a fanatic about this than I am! :D

Having my DD dinged in like 4 places now, yes, I do this on my Gen Coupe too... on the xB the dings are all on the drivers side, which means the others cars passengers don't give a crap about smacking their car doors into mine! Two are deep/bad enough they required touch up and ruin the whole look of the doors... I still haven't pulled the trigger to get them done as I wonder if its worth it just to have them dinged again....

On the Genny I would have them done as soon as it happened...

And yes, I park in the boondocks with the Genny and someone almost always parks next to me... sigh...

I always do this...whenever I park anywhere especially between other cars (sometimes I have to) (most times I park away from all cars), I always take a pic of the car on each side of me with my cell phone and ensure that I get their license plates in the pic. That way, if I come out of the store and my car got dinged, I know the car that did it..make, model, color, etc. To date my 2010 TC (owned for just over two years) and my 2011 Camaro (owned for 15 months) neither have been dinged (knock on wood).

7080180329_1134569c02_b.jpgI have never parked near anyone, ever. But after getting my car home from the local Cars and Coffee show yesterday where people were walking around, I made my way around the car with halogens to find the places where people touched the car, and noted for correction shortly. Thank you to the idiot who ran his hand for 3 feet across my roof with his ring to feel how smooth the car is.

7080180329_1134569c02_b.jpgI have never parked near anyone, ever. But after getting my car home from the local Cars and Coffee show yesterday where people were walking around, I made my way around the car with halogens to find the places where people touched the car, and noted for correction shortly. Thank you to the idiot who ran his hand for 3 feet across my roof with his ring to feel how smooth the car is.
I had a lady open the door to my Corvette at a show and proceed to sit in it:explode:

try owning a truck. lol When, even at a show, people STILL view it as a combination leaning post, bench, and table.

i see people consantly leaning on the bed and fenders.

sitting thier drinks on the bed rails.

resting thier feet on the tires.

sticking thier hands (AND FEET) into my rear wheels

and even have had people drop my tailgate to sit down!:help:

In people's eyes...."it's just a truck" :mad:

try owning a truck. lol When, even at a show, people STILL view it as a combination leaning post, bench, and table.

Velvet Ropes man! Velvet Ropes!

For those people who had others sit in/on their cars I know if that happened to me, I would go mental.

I have very specific rules for people who passenger in my car and if you don't follow them, you get one warning....if it isn't corrected, next step is you calling another friend or cab for a ride....no exceptions. This includes my family...but they know better.

I used to have a little toyota truck, nothing special. It would always amaze (and anger) me how often I'd come out of a store or whatever and find that someone threw some trash in the bed... A soda can, McDonald's bag, etc. insane. :willy:

I used to have a little toyota truck, nothing special. It would always amaze (and anger) me how often I'd come out of a store or whatever and find that someone threw some trash in the bed... A soda can, McDonald's bag, etc. insane. :willy:

LOL yup. and the best part? when you CATCH them leaning on your truck...or throwing trash in...or setting thier PBR cans on your bed rail...

and you decide to tell them something...even politely...

...they look at you like YOU are the ahole. "calm down BRO. it's just a truck." yeah...just a truck.

the only place i set a drink on the exterior of my truck is on the bed cover, which is powdercoated. and i keep my tailgate locked.

thankfully my truck is no show winner so i won't be having any problems as you described. but i did go mental on a guy that started to walk on my bed rails with boots on while loading furniture into my bed. he never saw a crazy white guy quite like me!!! :willy:

Archived