Customer Service 866.965.0400

We all dream right?

Adamized

"It's April 16th 1992, there was a riot on the streets tell me where were you?"

Gotta love Sublime,

Anyways, here I am at the end of my Junior year in Highschool, and summer is starring me in the face. What do I want to do? Work. My dream is to buy my own 5th gen Camaro SS. I'm fortunate enough to not worry about paying for college, but I've been in love with 5th Gen's design ever since the concept in 06 I think,

My dream, most likely not reachable in one summer, is just a dream. :glasses:

What's your dream?

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby

CBR600 by the end of summer!

New camaro is a decision you should probably steer away from in your age range. Insurance will be a killer even if you can find a way to afford it. Coming from a guy who made that decision to buy an expensive car at a young age. Wait until you make money and can easily buy toys to do so.

Build my Williamsburg replica home with a detached garage on a nice lot of land with a good woman to share it with.

And my Audi R8 V10, 06 Leguna Seca M3, Ford F350 w. banks power and a Audi A8l as my daily driver. I would also get a Aventador but because they dont offer it in stick i wont buy it so it will be replaced with either a nobel or gumpert apollo.

I also wouldnt mind having a dump truck and a cat 450e backhoe loader :D

But realistically i would be the happiest man alive with my williamsburg replica, my garage and a good woman :)

I have soo many dreams I don't even know where to begin.

1st dream of mine as a child was to make it to the NHL. This dream went down the drain

2nd dream was to become a police officer... I'm still pursuing this goal

3rd is to win the lottery

4th to own a Ferrari or Lamborghini

5th dream to own a nice home and have a well paying job

If I would have seen this thread earlier, I would have said a peice of carrot cake. But I realized that dream, so all is well.

To be 100% out of debt for the first time in 15 years. I am about $4500 away and that includes my car, credit card, etc. So almost there.

Concentrate on what you will be doing your senior year. Important classes you will need for college ..What college you plan on attending and what you would like to do with yourself.

Material things are just that ..material.. education is priceless.

In today's economy you need to be prepared so prepare yourself mentally. Your last year in high school will be a blast but an experience you can look back on. Take the bull by its horns and take responsibility for yourself. Now is the time. Mom and Dad are not going to provide for you forever and you will appreciate one day when you can support yourself and a family. Makes you feel great inside.

Once you have achieved these goals ..Than you can sit back and look at what you accomplished and appreciate all the toys you now can afford to purchase.

A camaro and sport bikes and others will all fall into place.. do not rush it.. work hard & strive for it.

Hold off on buying toys and getting in debt. Work your tail off at any job you get between now and graduating college, so you have good references and a highly developed work ethic. Learn to work smarter not harder. If they ask for extra hours, always take it as long as it doesn't interfere with your studies.

Current dream is finally finding that house and garage that I can call my own and have my awesome girlfriend finally move up to this area. I could make this post a heck of a lot longer but nobody wants to hear about the specs of my dream house and shop and life. Plus I'm sure everyone on here has some form of A.D.D.

I mean who wouldn..... Oh look a bird!!

Short term: Have some fun and relax over the summer while taking a couple courses

Mid term: Graduate with honors

Long term: Have a job in a company where they encourage professional and personal growth in a position of ever-increasing responsibilities.

Be careful what you wish for... having a $35K car at age 18 will own YOU. Lots of money to buy, insure, drive, upkeep, etc. Honestly I'd give a lot of thought to having a decent $5K car, working less, experiencing more, and focusing on other things.

Think about it... having that car is going to influence where you go to school (parking?), where you live, how much you can afford to spend on that amazing girl you meet, etc. It'd be a HUGE shame if you missed out on education or experiences because you were worried about a car.

We'd all love to have hyper exotic cars, huge houses, etc, but unless you're mega wealthy every new material thing begins to own you, bit by bit. Simplicity, on the other hand, is beautiful. The less you spend on stuff the freer you are to seize opportunities, do the things you want, and retire earlier. :cheers:

My dream: working less and spending more time fixing up my little old boat. :thumbsup:

Be careful what you wish for... having a $35K car at age 18 will own YOU. Lots of money to buy, insure, drive, upkeep, etc. Honestly I'd give a lot of thought to having a decent $5K car, working less, experiencing more, and focusing on other things.

Think about it... having that car is going to influence where you go to school (parking?), where you live, how much you can afford to spend on that amazing girl you meet, etc. It'd be a HUGE shame if you missed out on education or experiences because you were worried about a car.

We'd all love to have hyper exotic cars, huge houses, etc, but unless you're mega wealthy every new material thing begins to own you, bit by bit. Simplicity, on the other hand, is beautiful. The less you spend on stuff the freer you are to seize opportunities, do the things you want, and retire earlier. :cheers:

My dream: working less and spending more time fixing up my little old boat. :thumbsup:

Like many of us, I dreamed of having more 'stuff'. And I lived much my dream. Having that stuff was sorta fun, but it cost me more than I ever thought it would, relationally, financially and spiritually. Over the years I have learned that having the stuff is not nearly as important as the people you share it with.

An old jingle from a kids radio program, Jungle Jam, has haunted my memories for years, "It seems to me, the more you have, the more you have to have to take care of the things you have"

My dreams have changed over the past few years. People come first now; love my family, be debt free and live simply so that a couple toys or hobbies can be enjoyed with my family.

:cheers:

Like many of us, I dreamed of having more 'stuff'. And I lived much my dream. Having that stuff was sorta fun, but it cost me more than I ever thought it would, relationally, financially and spiritually. Over the years I have learned that having the stuff is not nearly as important as the people you share it with.

An old jingle from a kids radio program, Jungle Jam, has haunted my memories for years, "It seems to me, the more you have, the more you have to have to take care of the things you have"

My dreams have changed over the past few years. People come first now; love my family, be debt free and live simply so that a couple toys or hobbies can be enjoyed with my family.

exactly my way of looking at things now, too. :cheers:

Yep! Been there done that and have the toys and pictures of the toys to prove it. lol

I have a family now and THAT is my priority. I'm not saying I won't get nice cars and other toys, but that's not my priority anymore.

Chris

Hold off on buying toys and getting in debt. Work your tail off at any job you get between now and graduating college, so you have good references and a highly developed work ethic. Learn to work smarter not harder. If they ask for extra hours, always take it as long as it doesn't interfere with your studies.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

I wish I would have listend to that advice when I was younger. I had everything paid for in High School, My Vehicle, Insurance, Gas. My College was paid for, I had a nice vehicle, and I worked full time. But of course I wanted More and More, So I sold my truck and got into debt when I was in College, then after College I traded for my current truck got way int debt and started living above my income level so I racked up some Credit Card Debt.

Well After years I finnaly paid off all my debt including Credit Cards, and Vehicles. I bought a house for super cheap and now im living debt free and loving it! I wish I could have lived like this since I was your age.

Save and Save. you dont have to have a brand new car at your age. Save every penny you can and when your done with college you can get whatever vehicle you want and pay cash for it

:iagree: Exactly

My Dreams use to be very trivial. I wanted a huge house, fast cars, lots of toys etc.... But the only way those dreams are going to happen is if I win the lottery and thats a 1 in a zillion chance.

My Dreams Now are much simpler

Find a Great Girl, Get Maried and Settle Down: Check

Buy a House: Check (found a fixer upper and having a blast working on it)

Stay Debt Free: So Far So Good I want to Keep it that way

Become a Franchise Restaurant Owner: Working twords it, maybe when the market gets better.

Put a Large Chunk of Every pay check into savings: Check

Have Kids: Eventually, not till after my wife is done with College

Now I know it may not be possible to be tottaly debt free, We had to take out loans for my wifes college but not that much. And I know eventually im going to buy a larger home and will have payments, and if I ever get the oppertunity to own my own restaurant I will have to take out loans to buy, but I never want to live above my means ever again

I was lucky enough to be taught to only spend money you have. I bought everything but the house using cash. I HATE debt. Heck, I paid off my wife's 26,000 dollar school loan last spring in one lump sum. Would have cost us 11,000 in interest if we'd paid it by the terms. NO THANKS!

Chris

My dream is to not be a grandfather until I am at least be 55! Having 2 teenage daughters is no bargain...

< - - - -I'm dreading their teen years too, I think I'll tell them they have to stay four years old.

As to the OP: I want to live long enough to walk my girls down the aisle after they've graduated college and before they give me grandchildren. :willy:

Archived