Customer Service 866.965.0400

Arguing with those that are never wrong

Isaacrn

Question

So I was at lunch with my friend and his brother. I was mentioning the detail job I did this past week. My friend's brother proceeds to tell me how I ruined the value of my new car. He said that I probably wore down the clear coat and that there are calibrated machines that tell the thickness of the clear coat, and I have just ruined the car. I tried to calmly explain that I didn't ruin anything, but he was convinced and became annoying.

Anything like this happen to you all?

24 answers to this question

Well, he's the kinda guy that knows a lot about different things. He is NEVER wrong..in his mind. I hate arguing, and usually do the "ok" and walk away route...but today it just got to me.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I have a shirt that reads "Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do".

When the wife acts up, I change into that shirt.

Then spend the rest of the night in the garage by myself.

Here's the first few lines of the verse to John Mayer's song Shoadow Days:

Did you know that you could be wrong

And swear you're right

Some people been known to do it
 All their lives

But you find yourself alone 
Just like you found yourself before

Like I found myself in pieces

On the hotel floor

Hard times have helped me see

:rockon:

I am never wrong. Ask my wife.

Maybe you shouldn't. :lol:

I generally think I know more about certain things than others, and try to articulate myself in a manner to come off intelligent and confident without sounding like an A-H__e.

If I don't know much about the subject or I think the person is full of manure, I nod and smile and try to get away from there fast!

Mook

Sounds like my daily uphill battle with my newly (and by newly I mean 8 months, ugh) hired boss. I've learn to just say okay you're right, and walk away, unless it impacts the client then I just pull up evidence supporting what I'm saying.

Next time this friend calls you out, show them proof of a nice shiny car, no clear coat on the car won't look good.

I know the feeling, I'm in the same situation.

Hahaha! I just did this with my lady about 20 minutes ago. This woman "is never wrong." To make it worse, she has a smart mouth and always likes to have the last word. :banghead:

I usually don't contribute to the argument but this time I couldn't resist. I had to humor myself just to see how long she would keep it up. :P

Neither one of us gets upset and one of us will kill the drama by saying something silly. Otherwise, I would have been kicked her to the curb. Lol!

Anyone else and I'd cut the convo off quick, fast & in a hurry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I am, sorta, a quite and at first shy fellow if you don't know me or I'm not comfortable in a certain setting or topic....ask friends, family, co-workers you'll get that from them. However when it comes to this specific topic (and many others we won't go into) I'm extremely vocal about it! And anyone who's around me or tries to "talk" to me and one of those topics arise when I do speak..people tend to stfu and listen to what I have to say. I know I'm only 26 but best believe I've done some living with alot of "listening and observing" thrown in there for "learning" purposes. So believe it or not...I actually know wth I'm talking about when I actually talk! When I encounter people who THINK I or someone else has jacked up a car I usually point to mine or a customers I've recently done; and say "you tell me the difference..yea I know yours is dirty right now but seriously go feel your paint then come feel this paint, okay now go "wash" your car and feel it again....no difference huh?! Yea that's cause YOU are screwing up the paint and aren't taking care of the things you own!! Btw you use MF right? Okay well feel THIS MF!! Yea yours isn't **** is it?! So if you want further demonstration give me 45 mins with your car and THEN you can tell me that I'm the idiot..or you can kindly put your foot in your mouth"

All said there are some people that will NEVER get it...there are then some that will have a fit about charging $250+ for a detail it all comes out in the wash guys (no pun intended) people will have their opinions just as we have ours. We know WE'RE right and OUR rides couldn't be better and anyone customer we may have couldnt be better! So for those that don't get it extend an offer you may just have a convert on your hands which could turn into a loyal customer..you lose nothing. I've seen million dollar homes TRASHED by what I call crappy decor and I rent a $600 apartment..to each his own, I know my way is better but until I pay someone else car payment or until someone pays mine or my housing note they can't say **** about what I do with it and I really can't comment on what they do..but I will at least TRY to show them the right way :)

"Do not argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" -Mark Twain

When I started reading this thread this was the exact quote that came to my mind, then I read further and realized you already posted it. :cheers:

Sounds like my daily uphill battle with my newly (and by newly I mean 8 months, ugh) hired boss. I've learn to just say okay you're right, and walk away, unless it impacts the client then I just pull up evidence supporting what I'm saying.

Next time this friend calls you out, show them proof of a nice shiny car, no clear coat on the car won't look good.

I usually say "you know you're right" and stop and walk away. It's like pissing up a tree!

When have any of us brought a car in to sell and had them pull out a paint thickness gauge? WTH?

Archived