Customer Service 866.965.0400

Other Companies Products?

Ralfy

Question

I have been looking around google and came across these guys and they sell products similar to Adams. There are also some other companies that make their own polish pads and correction systems, (lake country to name one) I have seen the results of these similar products by doing searches on YouTube and what not. Guess my question is, has anyone ever tried paint correction products by other companies?? I love Adams products and don't intend on using anything else.

The site I was looking at was *************

Edited by Chewy

The short answer is yes, I have (and do) use other vendors systems. The long answer is that Adam's Forum policy is to limit discussion here to Adam's products, even if it is to tout Adam's as a superior product...

I would caution, as Junkman has, to not get caught up in "chasing the shine". Find a process that works for YOU, get's your vehicle's paint and other bits in a shape you can be proud of, and stick with that process... if you must, tweak it here and there, testing small samples of vendors you think might improve your process, but returning to what you know works for you and your vehicle, given the time, budget, and resources at your disposal.

Adam's primary focus is the beginner to intermediate enthusiast, a market where I believe they excel! Should you find your needs turn more professional, you may want to look elsewhere, unless Adam decides to start a "pro" line...

This forum has a lot to offer those starting out that want to get serious about caring for their rides, and Adam's produces some great products to help you along the way, with VERY informative videos, and a service department that hits it out of the park on a regular basis, coupled with an unheard customer satisfaction guarantee -- 110%.

Adam's success is well deserved and I look forward to their continued growth, innovation, and prosperity!

[m]

I agree with you entirely on everything you said, I was just curious on these other "systems" is all, if this thread is a violation of the forum rules a mod can take it down, I in no way want to disrespect the community here. I am now a loyal Adams customer and always will be. And Adams seems pretty pro to me :)

By pro I meant the use of rotary buffers and SMAT technology polishes expressly formulated for rotary use. This carries with it a higher risk of burn through, which at least to date Adam's has chosen not to pursue. He is of course free to produce whatever products he wishes, and I will continue to watch the progress of Adam's with interest.

Happy detailing!

[m]

Ah ok gotcha, I am still new to the machine polishing scene and buying stuff at my local AutoZone haha I don't think I will get a rotary anytime soon but a flex is most definitely in my future for sure

As Mike has said, Adams focuses on the people that haven't done a lot or in some cases any car finish/interior maintenance in the past. That being said, they make some amazing products from the inside (interior) out (exterior) and what really matters are the results. Adams will give you amazing results. They also give you a 110% guarantee, and that is not an empty promise. Adams is a tiny company compared to Meguires (3M) and Mothers and the like, but what they lose in size they gain in quality of product and quality of customer service/support. I could try a bunch of different products, but I find that Adams serves my expectations and gives me the results I want.

When looking at products, don't get wrapped up in the hype. Watch for the claims. A lot will claim some pretty amazing things, but when it comes down to it, they're only that. CLAIMS. Also, what works for one doesn't mean it works for all. Someone may get 6 months of life out of a wax or sealant in one part of the country and you may only see a couple of months. When I look at Adams, I see them underestimating the products. IMO that's smart. I don't want to be told I'll see 6+ months of protection, but then get 2 or find out I have to apply it multiple times over that 6 months to see that longevity.

Eyes wide open...

Oh and we ask that no links to competitive sites be included here. Otherwise having a discussion like this isn't an issue.

Chris

Edited by Chewy

I agree COMPLETELY with Chris, couldn't have said it better.

I am a weekend warrior and Adam's products just fit the bill for everything I need, I'm not a pro, don't expect to be, so Adam's products fill that gap. They have a market they speak to well. I have tried lots of products in the past and still do, but I come back to Adam's products because of their overall effectiveness and ability to get the job done. Product claims here are 100% accurate, they do as they say, if not better. I will definitely use other products for certain purposes at points in time, but a majority of my products are Adam's just because they do their job well. It all comes down to what works for each person, their needs, their environment, and so many other variables and Adam's just does it for me. If it aint broke don't fix it, same goes with detailing, if your regimen works, stick with it.

Here's some food for thought! Why ditch the names of other companies on this forum ,I know it is an Adams forum but it is good healthy competition! The products should speak for themselves! It happened to me I have used other companies products in the past but the quality and the workability and ease and yes the final outcome of Adams products speaks for themselves that is the best testament getting compared to one of the so called big ones and beating them hands down! Well I rambled enough and I haven't mentioned another company specifically by name! go figure!

Here's some food for thought! Why ditch the names of other companies on this forum ,I know it is an Adams forum but it is good healthy competition! The products should speak for themselves! It happened to me I have used other companies products in the past but the quality and the workability and ease and yes the final outcome of Adams products speaks for themselves that is the best testament getting compared to one of the so called big ones and beating them hands down! Well I rambled enough and I haven't mentioned another company specifically by name! go figure!

Comp names in the subject field and links are what I try to eliminate. Naming a product to name a product doesn't bother me as long as it's not a sales ploy. The OP didn't do that, but there was a link.

Chewy and Mike pretty much nailed what I would say, :lol:.

This forum is a direct extension of our product support, customer support, and feedback. We strive to always keeping our products ahead of the curve, and listen hard to the feedback this forum gives.

I tend to agree with you. I think the policy is a bit strict here, but I understand the reasoning. It would be great to have a little more discussion on product comparisons, particularly since 90+ % of us started with other products and it would be a great selling tool.

I tend to agree with you. I think the policy is a bit strict here, but I understand the reasoning. It would be great to have a little more discussion on product comparisons, particularly since 90+ % of us started with other products and it would be a great selling tool.

Gang,

This IS Adams forums... he/the mods under his direction, can run it as they see fit, and we can vote with our feet or our $$ or both. As a community should Adam see a mass exodus he may have to rethink policy, but short of that and due to the way he views how he needs to run the forum to eliminate stupidity on the part of the customer (I think we might be amazed on how things sometimes go off the rails) I understand his reasoning (even if I may disagree with the outcome).

One lesson I have learned is to walk through life with the truths I have held loosely (lest they change) and to release expectations of others (as they are bound to disappoint sooner or later). I also try as much as I can to accept folks right where they are at... with an eye to the fact their freedom stops at my nose...

Move along, nothing to see here....

Here is where I have a problem...I had some good results using other products...mainly because I did not know about Adam's products before buying. I wanted to share my results with everyone not to try to sell the products I used but because I was proud of how my first detail turned out.

The reason I did NOT post was because had I done that I could not name any products I used and frankly because they were not Adam's products I thought the thread would have been closed.

The main reason I started posting here was to due to The Junkman...and watching his videos. After looking around I wanted to become active in the forums and start learning about Adam's products etc. There is just a little too much censorship here on this forum.

Like another poster stated Adam's products speak for themselves and they work just as good if not better than their competitors. I think regardless of any links or mentioning of other products, people are going to use what they know and what they feel works for them. I am slowly building my supplies of Adams products...however I am also going to be using other brands as well. Once I find what works good for me I will stick with those products. (for the most part)

I know this is Adam's products forum....but I do have to say this is the FIRST forum that seems to practice censorship. :(

Edited by PrinceValium

Here is where I have a problem...I had some good results using other products...mainly because I did not know about Adam's products before buying. I wanted to share my results with everyone not to try to sell the products I used but because I was proud of how my first detail turned out.

The reason I did NOT post was because had I done that I could not name any products I used and frankly because they were not Adam's products I thought the thread would have been closed.

The main reason I started posting here was to due to The Junkman...and watching his videos. After looking around I wanted to become active in the forums and start learning about Adam's products etc. There is just a little too much censorship here on this forum.

Like another poster stated Adam's products speak for themselves and they work just as good if not better than their competitors. I think regardless of any links or mentioning of other products, people are going to use what they know and what they feel works for them. I am slowly building my supplies of Adams products...however I am also going to be using other brands as well. Once I find what works good for me I will stick with those products. (for the most part)

I know this is Adam's products forum....but I do have to say this is the FIRST forum that practices censorship. :(

You need to check out G8board.com. :willy:

Like the man says, this is Adam's forum. There are other general detailing forums out there.

That being said, I use mostly Adam's products, but I also use some stuff from a local detailing product manufacturer/supplier. Some of it is the same stuff. Some is stuff that Adam doesn't have. Their customer service is right up there with Adam's (and CS is what really sets Adam's apart from the rest. You just can't beat it!).

It is rare that you find someone who believes in his product, company, and people like Adam does. That's what makes AP what is is:2thumbs:.

I'm glad to be a part of the insanity!:pc:

I know this is Adam's products forum....but I do have to say this is the FIRST forum that seems to practice censorship. :(

Easiest thing to do man, is join the other detailing forums, thats what I did. There are plenty out there that allow you to talk about whatever you want. The down side is, there's a lot of d%^che bags on those forums.

When you want to talk about Adam's issues/results/questions, jump on this forum and do your thang. Most of the other detailing sites sell hundreds of name brands...Adam's sells one.

Yep I am a member of other forums...I tend to gravitate to this one because I like the people and I am interested in the products. I just don't want my hand slapped if I mention another product from time to time.

Easiest thing to do man, is join the other detailing forums, thats what I did. There are plenty out there that allow you to talk about whatever you want. The down side is, there's a lot of d%^che bags on those forums.

When you want to talk about Adam's issues/results/questions, jump on this forum and do your thang. Most of the other detailing sites sell hundreds of name brands...Adam's sells one.

I think where some of this gets confused is in the original INTENT behind what this forum is/was. Originally the idea was it wasn't so much a discussion board as a Q&A source.

Picture the board without the social aspects we have... no detailers writeups, no lounge, no other stuff.... just segments dedicated to each area of the car where a person could ask a a question about how Adam's products pertained to that area. Being a business that exists probably 80% or better online it was just another means for our customers to get support aside from live chat/email/phone.

Obviously thats not where we're at now... the social aspect and the 'hang out' factor has become just as big a part as the support aspect of it, if not moreso. I think we can all agree AF is a rather unique community... I occupy no fewer than 28 other forums and none have an atmosphere as welcoming and friendly as we have here.

As it stands now the rules are in place as our forum is still supposed to be about support and service for our products. We have had discussions about rolling these rules back to a degree... the problem comes from where to draw a line and how to enforce that. Its a big question and one thats hard to define to make everyone happy.

There are some here that I know would try to push the envelope to further an agenda of endorsing other products and companies, some that were removed b/c they simply couldn't accept the rules as they are. While they are in the minority it still is a concern as AF is unique as a forum essentially dedicated to one product/company that actually has traffic. Other companies have tried what we have here and end up with a forum that virtually has tumble weeds blowing thru its so abandoned.

So to a degree we want to protect AF from becoming like 'other forums'. Its worked so far (quite well if you look at the traffic analytics) so any changes would be made carefully and not without a lot of forethought. Again, we hear your grumblings of 'censorship' being unfair - just know we're not ignoring the input, but we haven't found an answer as to how we define that line and enforce it fairly without ruffling feathers or changing too much what AF is.

We're not clueless... we know there are other great products out there. Anyone whos been to a clinic knows that if someone asks a question about "brand X" we're not ones to bash or trash it. Often times we'll praise it for what it is and we don't expect every Adams customer to use only Adams products... but at the same time we're not going to open the flood gates to discussion of other products here... myself and the staff aren't paid to moderate/support/discuss the competitions products no more than they're paid to answer questions about ours.

Adams forums is by far the best and most welcoming forum I have ever been a part of. If I want to know more about otehr products or how other use the products, I know there are many other forums out there. But Adam's forums is by far my favorite and I see no real reason to discuss others products here when the bill for this site is payed for by Adam's and not by a bunch of annoying pop up adds on the side and top!

I have tried some other companies products, and have actually found a few that give very good results but the bottom line with me has always been to come back to Adam's products. This is for a few reasons. First none of the products have shown a better result then Adam's and normally are priced a bit higher. Second, none repeat NONE of the companies have come close to the outstanding customer service that Adam's offers. Next, when I first stumbled across Adam's and had some concerns, these concerns were addressed by Adam Pitale himself. Adam offered to buy his detail kit back and cost + 10% if I wasn't happy with his products. Needless to say I turned down his offer and never looked back, Adam's products produced the best looking shine and protection I have ever had on any vehicle I owned. So I think that Adam's has earned and deserves my loyalty and business, because of their outstanding performance (both people and product-wise) in the past. And no small part of this loyalty to Adam's is because I have always felt that if I had any problem the staff would help and if they couldn't I knew that Adam would personally never allow his customers to be unhappy. There are even more reasons to stick with Adam's including in no small part that Adam is a genuinely great guy, I am glad that I can consider Adam a friend and will ALWAYS support his company and products, because simply THEY PERFORM as advertised...anything you purchase from Adam's will work as advertised, it is not hype!

So to a degree we want to protect AF from becoming like 'other forums'. Its worked so far (quite well if you look at the traffic analytics) so any changes would be made carefully and not without a lot of forethought. Again, we hear your grumblings of 'censorship' being unfair - just know we're not ignoring the input, but we haven't found an answer as to how we define that line and enforce it fairly without ruffling feathers or changing too much what AF is.

Dylan,

Your response means alot. I know how difficult it is to moderate a forum, especially when that community has grown beyond what might have been originally planned or envisioned. I understand your stance that the purpose of the forum is/was to act as an extension of your awesome customer service, and I applaud you for your efforts.

I have already posted before about my need for "due care" in product acquisition and I fully understand your not wanting to be drawn into any support/questions about use of a competitors product, and I'm wondering if there is a solution somewhere in the middle.... and here's a thought...

In my world it is common to have "competitive information", or information about why I should buy Adam's over another vendors products (even the 110% guarantee may be an answer). Maybe you could take this under consideration and confine it to a place in the forum for those interested, perhaps with an eye on heavier moderation to keep things flame free.

The other area that interests me is where Adams does not currently have a product. You guys tend to be about as tight lipped on new products as Apple (other than intention leaks... which drive me distraction). I talked to you briefly at the clinic about this and it would be interesting to see if anything could be done to make the loyal customer feel valued without promising anything. I understand this is a difficult proposition, I look forward to how Adam's handles this challenge...

I wish Adams and AF continued success and prosperity, while encouraging you to honor the individuals that make up this wonderful community!

Shalom,

[m]

I think the one reason that Adam's doesn't open up about possible new products is the fact that they don't like to build up hopes about something that doesn't pan out. I like that they test, test, and test again before producing and introducing new products. :2thumbs:

Dylan,

I really appreciate your reply and I do understand what you are saying. I also know that this is a really good forum from what I have seen so far and I really like the willingness to help and the information this site offers compared to other forums. Some forums do feel like ghost towns compared to this one which is why I like it so much. To me this forum is the way it should be..ringing with people talking about detailing cars which is what we all come here to do.

From everything I have read and seen so far Adam's products speak for themselves and people have had great success with them. I for one do not currently have a lot of products from Adam's as of yet, however that is growing more and more. I have a competitors product that I am using and it is doing a very good job so far. That does not mean that I will not try Adam's products in the future and honestly that fact that I am here on the site would only help strengthen the possibility of purchasing more products.

I would like to see some sort of compromise on the mentioning of a competitors product. If I am coming on the site to just further the sales of a particular product and have no other intention I can see where that would not be helpful to the board. Some people here of course do have other products they use in addition to Adam's products, like you have agreed, and it would be nice to at least be able to mention what that product is etc. If there is further discussion about that product mentioned it can always be take to a PM to answer any other questions.

I know what you mean as to "where do you draw the line" and that is the difficult part. I am in no way trying to sway people from buying any products here, however like gencoupe3dot8 mentioned it would be nice to be able to discuss things in a more competitive fashion without the feeling of censorship.

Again I really appreciate you coming on the thread to discuss this topic with us and hope that maybe there will be some kind of change as a result. I personally am looking forward to trying Adam's products as soon as the competitors product I am using has been used up. The reason is because of the videos I have seen and the support here in the forums and it's members, not to mention the customer support I have had so far, and pod course the results!!

Regards,

Rob

Edited by PrinceValium

This debate can and will go back and forth! It is healthy for Adams to allow that! Because if the products are great which they are they will always rise to the top! How about this have a contest if people send in their old stuff give them a 10-15 percent off coupon and then when all are collected burn them all up or squash them all with a steam roller with the title Adams squashes the competiton! I know I am rambling but its just a thought!:hi::cheers:

I hope no one reads this thread and comes away thinking you can not mention another manufacturer's product by name. I have in several detail write ups and also recently in a thread on rinseless washes. I have yet to have a product name removed and I'm well over 1,000 posts in 3+ years. By the same token I realize if I answer another persons post and recommend some other company's product it would most likely get 'fixed' by the mods and justifiably so. In my posts I no longer refer to Meguiar's products but instead call them Barry's. (Even though I should call them 3M since they bought him out...) And I refer to ONR, etc. as rinseless wash.

This is Adam's house and when I'm in it I respect Adam's rules. :thumbsup:

BTW: Chewy is right, if you want to see board censorship, go to G8board. Mere mention of the other board, GRRRR8.net will get you a censored post and a slap on the wrist. Do it again and you'll have to b%^&* about it on GRRRR8.net because you'll be sayonara on G8board. On the G8 board we get around it by saying "the board that can not be mentioned, etc."

Edited by sportredmistress
punctuation and general clean up