IMG_20120825_105647.jpg

IMG_20120825_105922.jpg

IMG_20120825_110037.jpg

IMG_20120825_110244.jpg

IMG_20120825_111615.jpg

Total calories: 420

Edited by DemoN

THOSE look fantastic and tasty homie!!!

thanks man! these came out MUCH better the second time around. and it ended up being almost 100 calories LESS this time. Less ground turkey, more veggie toppings. less cheese, more sauce.

when i cooked the turkey, i put a little water instead of oil in the pan and seasoned it with the chicken fajita seasons. made the turkey flavor POP and wasn't dried out.

I half water-satueed the onions, quickly, and seasoned with the italian seasoning too

and, as you can see, it takes NO time to make. in and out of the kitchen in 15-20 mins.

thanks man! these came out MUCH better the second time around. and it ended up being almost 100 calories LESS this time. Less ground turkey, more veggie toppings. less cheese, more sauce.

when i cooked the turkey, i put a little water instead of oil in the pan and seasoned it with the chicken fajita seasons. made the turkey flavor POP and wasn't dried out.

I half water-satueed the onions, quickly, and seasoned with the italian seasoning too

and, as you can see, it takes NO time to make. in and out of the kitchen in 15-20 mins.

Wouldn't be a DemoN meal if it wasn't done in 20.

Fact.

:rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

I have not made this recipe for a while, but I really like it and prepared it for dinner today. It is a Chef Paul Prudhomme low fat version of the New Orleans classic Shrimp Creole, which he calls Shrimp Orleans. This dish usually uses lots of butter, but it is substituted for apple juice here. The apple juice provides the sweetness of the butter, without the fat.

And if you wanted to pair it with an adult beverage an Abita Amber or Abita Purple Haze (raspberry wheat) from Abita Springs, LA would go perfectly

I don't have any preparation shots, just the final results.

6db4cfd4.jpg

8ad571f9.jpg

Shrimp Orleans

Seasoning Mix:

1 tablespoon sweet paprika

2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves

1½ teaspoons onion powder

1½ teaspoons garlic powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon dry mustard

½ teaspoon black pepper

½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves

½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves

1/4 teaspoon white pepper

1/8 teaspoon cayenne (I leave this out)

-------------

1 pound peeled medium shrimp

1½ cups chopped onions

1 cup chopped green bell peppers

½ cup chopped celery

3 bay leaves

1 ½ cups apple juice, in all (kids drink boxes work well)

1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic

2 cups peeled, diced fresh tomatoes or 1 (14½-ounce) can diced tomatoes

½ cup tomato sauce

1 cup defatted seafood stock or clam juice

6 cups cooked long-grain white rice

-------------

Combine all the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.

Sprinkle the shrimp evenly with 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix and set aside.

Preheat a heavy 10-inch skillet, preferably nonstick, to 350 degrees about 4 minutes.

• high heat on a gas stove

• 6-7 on an electric stove

Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, bay leaves, and 3 tablespoons of the seasoning mix. Stir and cook until the vegetables start to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.

Add 1 cup of the apple juice and the garlic, and stir to clear the bottom of the skillet of all brown bits. Cook until the apple juice evaporates completely and the bottom of the skillet dries out, about 12 to 13 minutes.

Stir the vegetables, spread them out, and cook 2 or 3 minutes until they are a rich-looking brown,

to bring out their natural sweetness.

Add the tomatoes and the remaining seasoning mix, scrape the bottom of the skillet completely, and cook 2 minutes.

Stir in the tomato sauce, the stock, and remaining apple juice. Scrape the bottom of the skillet, bring to a boil, and cook about 7 to 8 minutes.

Add the shrimp and cook just until they start to turn to pink and plump, about 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve over the rice.

LOL i has no name for this.

2012-06-09_12-51-11_313.jpg

I do: awesomeness on a plate! That pic has got my mouth watering! :drool:

So tell me James, how big of a lottery do I have to win to employ you as my chef? Everything you've posted looks greeeaaaaaat. :thumbsup:

And that stuffed pepper plate...:drool: mnom nom nom nom.

• 2 weeks later...

for monday night football, i had Turkey burger with feta cheese crumbles and dried cranberries on a toasted 100% whole wheat bun topped with a grilled onions, mushrooms and jalapeno mustard.

IMG_20121008_181559_zps746fc6b7.jpg

I do: awesomeness on a plate! That pic has got my mouth watering! :drool:

So tell me James, how big of a lottery do I have to win to employ you as my chef? Everything you've posted looks greeeaaaaaat. :thumbsup:

And that stuffed pepper plate...:drool: mnom nom nom nom.

awww :) that was very nice to say! I work hard to get as much as i can out of my "clean," precentage-controlled, meals and it makes me feel great when others enjoy my creations!

Ok. I know during the week, I like making bigger meals using lower calorie, clean foods….but last night’s dinner was ridiculous lol.

each wrap had this AWESOME 100 calorie wheat and flax seed wrap i found, 4 oz of skinless fajita seasoned chicken breast, a tablespoon of guacamole, ¼ cup diced onions, tablespoon diced tomatoes, habanero salsa, and cilantro. I didn’t even have ROOM for the grilled mushrooms and bell peppers. I estimate each of these wraps @ 300-325 calories.

IMG_20121009_184634_zps6f00eb30.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanksgiving turkey burger:

IMG_20121023_181906.jpg

The patty: ground turkey, dried cranberries, ricotta cheese.

Whole wheat, multi-grain toasted buns topped with jalapeno mustard, low fat pepper jack cheese, and fire grilled onions and mushrooms. Veggies are seasoned and steamed topped with a habenro salsa.

Ok. I know during the week, I like making bigger meals using lower calorie, clean foods….but last night’s dinner was ridiculous lol.

each wrap had this AWESOME 100 calorie wheat and flax seed wrap i found, 4 oz of skinless fajita seasoned chicken breast, a tablespoon of guacamole, ¼ cup diced onions, tablespoon diced tomatoes, habanero salsa, and cilantro. I didn’t even have ROOM for the grilled mushrooms and bell peppers. I estimate each of these wraps @ 300-325 calories.

IMG_20121009_184634_zps6f00eb30.jpg

made these again for my girl's first offical dinner living with me :)

This time, no raw onions or cilentro (she doesnt like raw veggies). i used cooked, diced bell peppers and cooked onions

IMG_20121024_183720.jpg

Blue cheese Salmon Burger.

Patty ground salmon mixed with blue cheese.

Topped with pepper jack cheese, grilled onions, mushrooms, and jalapenos….in a fire toasted whole wheat kaiser roll and a side of oven baked sweet potato fries.

IMG_20121029_185736.jpg