Customer Service 866.965.0400

why no measuring scale ON the car shampoo label?

bagged00

just curious. ive used griots garage before and they have a measuring scale on their label. i have a gallon of car shampoo (dont shoot me for this) and i refill adams into the griots garage bottle so i can use the scale. i have like ocd about certain things being perfect. so i wanna make sure im pouring 2-2.5oz of shampoo in and i suck at eyeballing measurements. so i need a way to measure lol. just curious as to why? or has it even been thought of?

I see what you're saying, but measurements on the bottle itself don't do you much good when it comes to measuring use, just showing you how much you're already used. Get what I'm saying?

If you want accurate measurement, get yourself a small measuring cup for detailing use. Thats what I do. Or you can also commander the medicine measuring cups that come with stuff like nyquil if you want something smaller.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I see what you're saying, but measurements on the bottle itself don't do you much good when it comes to measuring use, just showing you how much you're already used. Get what I'm saying?

If you want accurate measurement, get yourself a small measuring cup for detailing use. Thats what I do. Or you can also commander the medicine measuring cups that come with stuff like nyquil if you want something smaller.

confused?

the measurements read by intervals of 2 and i usually just go down 2 each time i pour soap in. granted it may not be the most accurate, it gets me close to what i neeed.

ill have to look into the laundry caps. not a bad idea thanks.

I just pour an eyeballed squirt/splash onto the wash mitt and fill up the bucket. Even when I think I've skimped it suds up the bucket of water like crazy. I don't think it's really all the crucial to measure out an exact amount. :thumbsup:

lol like i said its ocd. i can definately notice when there is more or less shampoo. the bucket does look very sudzy(is that a word?) but i notice when i wash, the mit isnt as sudzy. washing the car, seems like less suds get on the car.

personally, i'd like a warning to make sure I put water in the foam gun AFTER that water... can't tell you how many times

huh?

Made my own.

Took an empty 16oz bottle and put water in it eight times, with 2oz at a time. After every 2oz of water were added, turn the bottle upside down and place a slash mark on a piece of masking tape attached down the side. Once a complete 16oz of water was added set the bottle right side up and mark how full to put the Car Wash Shampoo. Empty the water and refill it to the 16oz line with Car Shampoo.

confused?

While the bottle is upside down the soap will be coating the inside of the bottle, leading to an inaccurate measurement. Also, in order to get accuracy the bottle will need to be held pretty close to dead upright.

A squeeze to force soap out will displace liquid inside pushing soap upward within the bottle, so unless you go with a drip method you're measurement will be inaccurate.

The alternative (measuring outside of the bottle) lets you pour out into a cup until you have the amount you need. If you pour too much it can be poured back into the bottle.

Get a measuring cup... its a valuable tool to have anyways, for more than just car wash. I use mine to meter our APC for my strip washes.

55eee852.jpg

751bc1e6.jpg

from this thread

The only product that I have ever seen come with a metered measurement on the bottle so to speak was a product called Stabil. I posted the link below to show the example. Basically you take off the tall lid and squeeze bottle which fills metering section of bottle then pour. Not sure how Adams soap would work with this, as the soap may be too thick. Iam sure it would add more cost to the end customer as well.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/STA-BIL-22214-Fuel-Stabilizer-oz/dp/B000B68V6I]STA-BIL 22214 Fuel Stabilizer - 32 Fl oz. : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Dylan's idea is a simple one, and I used that way for a while. As Vink70 stated the Car Shampoo is thick and coats whatever it hits, and does so with the measuring cup too. I now had a measuring cup I'd have to throw in the bucket with the wash mit to rinse out. My bottle marked with tape and slash marks by no means is accurate for measuring something that needs to be precise, but not bad for Car Shampoo.

Tim's idea of a measuring cup on the outside of the bottle like a beer coozy isn't a bad idea, but how about a measuring cup that affixes itself to the lid?

IMG_5563resize_zps7fb8e6c8.jpg

IMG_5564resize_zpscd951ea1.jpg

Still have a little cup to rinse out, but a pretty good idea.

The Sta-Bil bottle LFairbanks mentioned is a pretty slick idea. When mine's empty I might give it a try. Only drawback might be that with the Car Shampoo, being as thick as it is, might not squeeze over into the measuring side very easily: especially if it's cold.

IMG_5562resize_zpsd82e9990.jpg

Thought about this today. This is just an idea. I have no clue as to whether or not it would sell, or even be worth making. But here is my idea. Take a measuring cup similiar to what Dylan had in his post and make it idiot proof (no offense to anyone, just an expression). And on the sides of the measuring cup at the recommended ounce markings instead of it being a number, put for example "APC stripwash", or "Car Shampoo". You could even go as far as making it to where you have a mark to break down a 50/50 mix on diluted product in a 16 oz bottle. And figure out a way to do it with the 36 oz bottle. Maybe a mark that said X2 or X3 for the 36 oz bottles. Meaning fill to this point 2 times for a 50/50 mix in a 36 ounce bottle. If that makes sense. Just a thought.