Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best use for Quick Sealant?

C-Dub

Question

Recently picked up some quick sealant to try, but don't want to use it in ways it's not supposed to be used. I'm pretty positive it can be used in place of the MSS, but can it be used in ways other than a strip/clay/wax session? I did a full detail on the wife's car a couple of months ago and it's still beading nicely, but I can't wait to try the QS out!

17 answers to this question

Quick Sealant can be used pretty much on any non-porous surface for durable protection. So paint, wheels, glass, etc.

Just like any other sealant you'll get the best performance if its applied directly to the paint so if you're using a wax it would be applied AFTER quick sealant.

A lot of us use it on the front of the vehicle on top of the Seal/Glaze/Wax as a way to help "bug-proof" the nose. It doesn't last very long but it makes the nose extra slippery so the bugs come off easier.

I spent 8+ hours this Saturday polishing silver candlesticks and teapots (after my wife volunteered me) for a mother/daughter tea at my kids school today.

It took all I had to resist trying out the sealant on the finished product (thinking it might save me from a future chore).

Unfortunately, by the time I was done I didn't feel like taking any chances...

I betcha it would work.

Edited by Mook@Adams

A lot of us use it on the front of the vehicle on top of the Seal/Glaze/Wax as a way to help "bug-proof" the nose. It doesn't last very long but it makes the nose extra slippery so the bugs come off easier.

I use it like this and on wheels to make them easier to clean.

I use it on my daily drivers after a correction.

And yes, it can be used in place of MSS and is much easier/quicker as it levels for wipe down in one minute (not 20 minutes) with a follow up/re-application/next product application 30 minutes later (not 24 hours later).

I re-apply it to front bumpers, side skirts/rocker panels, door jambs, wheels and stainless exhaust tips after about every fourth wash. On the rest of the car it holds up for months!

I use it before applying the wax coat and I find it works GREAT on wheels. Really keeps the a lot of dirt and grime from sticking to the wheels and I am very pleased with how long it lasts. And it really does a great job of making bugs easier to remove from the front of the car.

I use it before applying the wax coat and I find it works GREAT on wheels. Really keeps the a lot of dirt and grime from sticking to the wheels and I am very pleased with how long it lasts. And it really does a great job of making bugs easier to remove from the front of the car.

For Wheels, this is THE protection to have.

-

Mook

You got that right! This little process is spreading like wild fire with my customers. I did a MB and a BMW that had nasty brake dust built up. I got them spotless then thru some coats of QS on them. Once those customers washed their rides again they reached out to me and were excited to let me know how easily everything came off.

From there they recommended me to more German brake monsters to do the same with! :banana: