Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail spray then blow dry or blow dry then detail spray?

tony97gt

Question

I know this may sound dumb, but I thought I heard Adam or Dylan say the detail spray helps neutralize the ph of my hard water. So my question is: after washing and rinsing, do I spray with detail spray and then blow off the excess water so the remaining water is neutral and not staining the finish, or do I blow excess water off first and then hit it with the spray before drying?

19 answers to this question

After a hard rinse and then pool rinsing, I use DS and a GW to knock off the majority of the water then follow up with the Master Blaster. Yes I realize the point of blowing off the car is so you don't make any physical contact with the paint in the drying process but I've found the above method yields the best results. Since you're blowing out every nook and cranny with a dryer it will take you longer time wise to dry everything since no drop of water is safe :)

After my final rinse, I blow off the water with my leaf blower to get most remaining water off. I don't like to completly dry it with the blower as I find I get spots. So with it slighty wet, I mist with detail spray then dry with the great white waffle weave towel. The waterless wash works just as well and it's less expensive.

Edited by rshadd

I asked with question when I first joined up....now, this is what I do.

On the 2 cars:

1. Pool rinse

2. MB dry the "known" spots that hold water + wheels/tires

3. DS + drying towel

On the van:

1. Pool rinse

2. Mist with DS

3. Pull in the garage

4. MB the MANY spots that hold water + wheels

5. Then DS and panel by panel with the drying towel

That all depends on how I see the water sheet off during the Pooling Rinse. If it's coming off how it should (good wax or sealant) then I will usually pull it straight into the garage and start the Master Blasterizing.

If there is poor sheeting, I do initiate the DS Drying Agent launch sequence.

Mook

I'm a MB addict so I just recently started doing the Detail Spray method after the blow dryer. Got a couple gallons of the old formula to use up so I will be doing more of the misting and using a blue waffle weave or great white to dry. Will blow the remaining water out of the hiding places last.

But the DS add that oh so wonderful gloss! I blow dry, then ds wipedown with a greatwhite.

Don't forget the smell! I like how I can wash my truck in the morning, and later that evening I can still smell the DS as I approach the truck.:drool:

That all depends on how I see the water sheet off during the Pooling Rinse. If it's coming off how it should (good wax or sealant) then I will usually pull it straight into the garage and start the Master Blasterizing.

If there is poor sheeting, I do initiate the DS Drying Agent launch sequence.

Mook

And if it is really bad he calls Dylan and goes in and watches TV.

Always blow dry then wipe with detail spray. If you spray first, then you will just be drying the detail spray on the paint with your blower and make more work for yourself.

Good rule of thumb in life - the spray always comes after the blow lol

something I never see brought up in drying discussions.....if using a blower, dont use a gas powered blower, or at least I wouldnt.

just thought I would mention it.

Please expand...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Think about the we clay.... would you blow dry your car with your car exhaust? I wouldn't. 2cycle engines like blowers, weedeaters and the like are not the cleanest running engines.

And to think you are blowing oil/gas burning exhaust over the finish of your car is crazy IMO.

Think about the we clay.... would you blow dry your car with your car exhaust? I wouldn't. 2cycle engines like blowers, weedeaters and the like are not the cleanest running engines.

And to think you are blowing oil/gas burning exhaust over the finish of your car is crazy IMO.

I see, but the exhaust is not what is being blown, they have a blower wheel which just pushes air.. Same as a master blaster, just on a larger scale..

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Fair enough. Being a golf course Superintendent we use backpacks all the time, and sometimes you might see a spark every once in a while fly out of it, so I just wouldn't trust it. Maybe I am just being anal.

And besides electric handhelds are cheap, lol.

Fair enough. Being a golf course Superintendent we use backpacks all the time, and sometimes you might see a spark every once in a while fly out of it, so I just wouldn't trust it. Maybe I am just being anal.

And besides electric handhelds are cheap, lol.

they can be very cheap, definitely a safer bet imo, even if it's only a slight risk with 2 cycles