Customer Service 866.965.0400

So I hit the local pay n' spray...

Team Adam's

Question

Just a quick trip to knock the nastiness off the truck, wasn't going to do more than blast out the fender liners, the underside, and knock the winter muck off the doors for now...

One of the bays had a cone and an 'out of order' sign. I wonder if the 8ft long ice sculpture of death that formed on the ceiling had anything to do with it LOL

file_zps584b9f5a.jpg

24 answers to this question

Nope... this one is wide open, but with heated DI water.

The only enclosed/heated bay is the automated wash attached to this. The door opens and closes on both sides for each new car and they come out steaming hot LOL.

Huh... Well, your weather is usually quite a bit warmer than ours here. The place I go is down right balmy when washing. It's a mile from my home and it takes CC's. LOVE IT! :2thumbs:

It was a whopping 11ºF on the way in this AM.

I just saw a thread on camaro5 yesterday about ice falling and damaging the car while they were washing it. From time to time I will blast the big stuff off at a pay n spray before a rinseless wash so I will be looking up from now on during cold weather ;)

My red DD looks like it's gray striped it's so covered in salt and grime. But it's too darn cold here to even spray it off. High on Friday is going to be 17! Guess the Impala is going to have to wait till spring! :mad:

My red DD looks like it's gray striped it's so covered in salt and grime. But it's too darn cold here to even spray it off. High on Friday is going to be 17! Guess the Impala is going to have to wait till spring! :mad:

I washed our Enclave last night and it got down to single digits. I put it in our garage over night. Hopefully it's not frozen shut. lol Honestly, I've never had an issue with that on a late model car.

Pfffft... c'mon... it was all of 12* when I did the blast off of my wifes ride... and I'm a thin skinned californian. No excuses old man! :jester:

Pfffft... c'mon... it was all of 12* when I did the blast off of my wifes ride... and I'm a thin skinned californian. No excuses old man! :jester:

You're just a pup yet! These bones don't do so well in the cold anymore.

That's quite the ice sculpture there. Surprised the owner isn't worried about more serious plumming issues. It was a whopping 14 degrees on my way to work this morning. Glad I washed up the the wifes van and my dd truck on Tuesday when the temps climbed to 35 in the afternoon!

i cant get over how nice the self serve car wash is by you guys. The ones over here on long island SUCK! They dont take credit/debit so you have to stand there and put a thousand quarters in. not heated, no heated water, no di water etc. etc. Its pretty much water, foaming brush, tire cleaner. They also charge 6:00 for 5 minutes. 25 cents for each additional 20 seconds.

I'm surprised that in long island we done have the credit card swipers in the stall. I hate having to feed the change into the machine. But my pay n spray days are over. I wash my car inside the shop at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw a thread on camaro5 yesterday about ice falling and damaging the car while they were washing it. From time to time I will blast the big stuff off at a pay n spray before a rinseless wash so I will be looking up from now on during cold weather ;)

I don't miss the snow, have had chunks of ice fly off someone's car hit bumper on my new car! Spider cracked paint

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just got back from my local "pay n spray". I followed Dylan's winter wash instructions best I could but was limited because of other patrons waiting (no one was there when I started).

Anyway, wife's XC90 still came out pretty good. I'll have to try going other times to see when I will be alone and can take my time.

we didnt have heated bays here in the qc til a couple years ago. we now have 2 to my knowledge and as chewy said they are very nice and warm too lol. I have been but 1 time this winter thus far just because its been to freaking cold and I work way too much

Boo! lol I was twice last week alone! Once with mine and once with the Enclave. I put the guys kids through college! :lol: