Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

It has had been a while since the wife's garage queen had gotten my attention for a weekend. I washed on Friday and spent Saturday and Sunday polishing it and then putting on a Graphene coating and today was spent on interior.  It's going to get a set of Pirelli Scorpion Plus 3 tires this week and then I'll coat the wheels and do the wheel wells while they are off.

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

After Church the family came by our house for coffee, donuts and conversation. My older brother came by shortly after. I had promised him to get his daily transportation ready for winter some time this past summer. Fast forward to today and his 24/7/365 parked outside 2016 Toyota Corolla finally got some attention. It hadn’t been touched by me in almost two years.  I foamed the car with Adam’s Strip Wash and let it dwell while we gabbed in the garage. I rinsed it and re-foamed, this time with Adam’s Car Shampoo. I washed the car, rinsed it and re-foamed. At this point he headed into the house and left me to my business. I used the Adam’s clay mitt and “ clayed” the paint. After this, I rinsed it, then dried it off. Since it is his commuter car I wiped the car down with Adam’s Surface Prep then coated the entire car with Adam’s Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating Advanced. Glass, paint and trim all got coated. Yes, no polishing was done after claying the paint. He wanted it protected and he was tickled pink with the results. E75E8037-AEDA-4858-8026-33DB96130EAE.thumb.jpeg.e8a536b5831c1fd19f8067e2f2b849d2.jpeg915CE587-A2A8-450E-8A91-F699BF9C4416.thumb.jpeg.afb6e90e913b6bb1e3291a0cde4f6e8c.jpegF7EF5550-A970-4BA7-B815-A4EC73950805.thumb.jpeg.4a4d33b372a702b8525d0133112a8036.jpeg

When he got home he texted me “I really appreciate the mirror finish on my car!”  That compliment was all the “pay” I needed for the work.

• 5 months later...

Wow...no one has posted in this thread since October?!?!!??!

I just picked up another roommate for the garage.  Ran across an uber clean 2005 GT that I literally couldn't walk away from.  It may end up being a car I flip, but couldn't pass it up.  I don't have the words to describe how clean and solid this car was for 18 years old and 105K miles.  It did need my touch on the paint.  It took a couple steps to get the paint "perfect", but I got it there.  It did need some detaling to the rest of the car and the engine, but detailing was literally all it needed.  Nothing cosmic.  The interior was soo good, almost didn't even need to touch it. I suck at before and after shots (I suck at photography anyways, but that's a separate thread).  

This is your normal detailing products and steps finished up with the old orange Correction Polish on a white pad, the new Polish on a white pad, and finally the old white Finishing Polish on a black pad.  Topped with graphine ceramic spray coating (I've had better luck with the spray than the bottle). 

IMG_8550.jpeg

IMG_8568.jpeg

IMG_8570.jpeg

IMG_8581.jpeg

IMG_8575.jpeg

IMG_8587.jpeg

IMG_8588.jpeg

IMG_8589.jpeg

IMG_8599.jpeg

IMG_8603.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8642.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

My sister-in-law came from Wisconsin for a visit and I couldn't let her drive that dirty vehicle back up there so it got a wash and protection with Liquid Ceramic Wax.   I do believe I'll need to take the polisher and a few chemicals in June and do a proper job of washing, polishing and coating it.  There is no doubt it looks much better now than when it arrived in South Carolina.

IMG_1924.jpg

2 hours ago, RayS said:

My sister-in-law came from Wisconsin for a visit and I couldn't let her drive that dirty vehicle back up there so it got a wash and protection with Liquid Ceramic Wax.   I do believe I'll need to take the polisher and a few chemicals in June and do a proper job of washing, polishing and coating it.  There is no doubt it looks much better now than when it arrived in South Carolina.

IMG_1924.jpg

Nice job Ray! The dark blue has some depth to it.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

With my lovely teenage twin daughters turning 16 AND beginning to drive it was time for the midlife crisis mobile to go to another owner. In its place is a sensible AWD compact SUV. Do I miss the SS? Not really. $80 for premium gas every week vs. regular gas about every 10 days at $50 a tank, hmmm. Yeah, that makes the change quite a bit easier. I spent a Saturday a few weeks ago in the garage: Adam’s strip wash X2, clay barred with Adam’s Visco Clay followed by finish polish on a MF pad on the Swirl Killer.  I had a competitor’s ceramic coating I had bought to use on a side hustle that fell through,🙄so I used that topped with their SiO2 spray on sealant. I also had to nuke the tires X2 with APC to remove the shiny tire 💩the dealership put on the tires.

So I went from this: 

6FDDD13A-E985-419D-9FC4-E44C134459B2.thumb.jpeg.2dfb6d87ff2446160133d0e37607d78d.jpeg

to this:

5784C6CD-ED7A-4EDC-B4A6-21B6B1C3DDBE.thumb.jpeg.341de7e1ba057e4f15fb8d0d76964c49.jpeg

I’m loving it! I find myself being the driver on errands, shopping, going to church, etc. 

I have a bunch of Adam’s Ceramic Boost so that’ll be the topper or drying aid for all future washes.

Edited by Captain Slow

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 8:17 PM, Captain Slow said:

With my lovely teenage twin daughters turning 16 AND beginning to drive it was time for the midlife crisis mobile to go to another owner. In its place is a sensible AWD compact SUV.

Nope, those sweet young girls are NOT 16!  That looks to be a great car for your area and for them to learn to driving skills. 

My son was down from Chicago for Mother's Day (and his mother was very, very happy about that!) and we talked about them upgrading their car in the future.  I know he would prefer an EV, but with no place to charge at home it does not make sense.  We talked about Suby's, and Toyota makes a AWD Hybrid Corolla that looks interesting.

Edited by mc2hill