Customer Service 866.965.0400

How Should I...

Aceitup1011

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three words, tradition, tradition, tradition. Dinner, flowers, and by all means, get down on one knee! Nothing takes the place of really showing her you care about this special moment in both your life times! Good luck and all the best!

O yes a knee is a must lol.... but at a restaurant isnt her style

but thank you for the wishes:hi:

Tyler, you are probably going to get a ton of different answers.

The only thing I can say is that yours and her personalities will play a part.

By that I mean One of my best friends proposed to his (now wife) in the middle of a horse show. That was her passion and he intruded. He asked her in front of hundreds of people. She gave him a hand signal and rode off.

They later got married, but he embarrassed her in from of her friends and peers. He and all of us guys agreed it was the right way to do it. She did not think so. She wanted a little more privacy. Something special between the two of them.

Some women are okay with the public display. Some aren't. All I'm saying is think about it. Just my humble opinion. Good Luck and Best Wishes... :2thumbs:

Tyler, you are probably going to get a ton of different answers.

The only thing I can say is that yours and her personalities will play a part.

By that I mean One of my best friends proposed to his (now wife) in the middle of a horse show. That was her passion and he intruded. He asked her in front of hundreds of people. She gave him a hand signal and rode off.

They later got married, but he embarrassed her in from of her friends and peers. He and all of us guys agreed it was the right way to do it. She did not think so. She wanted a little more privacy. Something special between the two of them.

Some women are okay with the public display. Some aren't. All I'm saying is think about it. Just my humble opinion. Good Luck and Best Wishes... :2thumbs:

i agree with getting tons if diff sugg thats what im looking for.....i have a few ideas in mind just would like to her some from other

The best thing to do is NOT to plan anything. Just let it happen during an intimate, private moment between the two of you. Just tell her how she makes you feel and what you want from the life ahead of you with her. Tell her what's in your heart. You don't need anything fancy. :thumbsup:

The best thing to do is NOT to plan anything. Just let it happen during an intimate, private moment between the two of you. Just tell her how she makes you feel and what you want from the life ahead of you with her. Tell her what's in your heart. You don't need anything fancy. :thumbsup:

very true...but im the romatic type and i know she;d love for me to do something to wow her....

i was with my gf(wife) almost 6 years before proposing....i walked in and asked her how her day was.....then said, "hey i was thinking we could do this better together..."and tossed ring in front of her not cheesy romantic, but it took her a minute to realize what i was asking.....yes the waterworks started and dammit thats is bar none the 2nd proudest/happiest day of my life(1st being when my son was born)

i was with my gf(wife) almost 6 years before proposing....i walked in and asked her how her day was.....then said, "hey i was thinking we could do this better together..."and tossed ring in front of her not cheesy romantic, but it took her a minute to realize what i was asking.....yes the waterworks started and dammit thats is bar none the 2nd proudest/happiest day of my life(1st being when my son was born)

ya ive always thought about doing it kinda out of thin air....she works at a grocery store so i thought about saying i was going to make dinner and go in buy the stuff and some flowers and everything making it build up then at the end leave a box of something with the ring behind it and asking her there

but letting her boss know so she gets the rest of the day off

spur of moment is good bro, especially since youve been together so long. she knows its comming, she has to after all these years, so spur is alot better than= dinner....romantic blah blah blah....do something she wont expect, go through the aisle for dinner stuff and in front of everyone in line...ask her....she will remember that for rest of her life

spur of moment is good bro, especially since youve been together so long. she knows its comming, she has to after all these years, so spur is alot better than= dinner....romantic blah blah blah....do something she wont expect, go through the aisle for dinner stuff and in front of everyone in line...ask her....she will remember that for rest of her life

so u agree with what i said....:thumbsup:

yes, get permission from her boss and go for broke. i asked my wife and she agreed....just DONT get her in trouble lol. get permission, and a good suprise...thats gonna leave an impression,. take her to a nice hotel suite for the night. wine and ine her AFTER the proposal. doing it before ruins it imo unless youve been dating for a few weeks....

I agree with Rich, don't overly plan it. Here's how I proposed to my wife:

We live about an hour south of Gettysburg, PA. We were both interested in Civil War history, and when we were dating we'd go up there pretty often to see the sights, take in the battlefield, try out the restaurants, etc. So the day I decided to propose I stuck the ring in my pocket and just figured the right moment would present itself.

We spent the day doing touristy things, re-tracing paths we'd walked down before, etc. I had a few funny ideas like taking her to Devil's Den, the sight of a lot of bloodshed, and saying something silly like, "this scene of such suffering and horror, such torment, such agony, it seems like an appropriate place to ask you to become my wife" (you'd have to know my dry sense of humor to know that she would have laughed at that). But I knew deep down that wasn't the right way to do it, so I waited.

We went to dinner at a nearby B&B, The Cashtown Inn. Lee's army had passed right by there on their way to the battle, and some of Lee's men had spent the night in the inn. It has a lot of history. It also happened to be right around Christmas, and the inn had these nice ceramic ornaments for sale in the lobby.

After dinner I asked the waitress to get one of the ornaments and put it on or dinner check. And at the same time I told my then girlfriend "when we get outside on the porch, ask me why I bought that ornament." So we leave the restaurant, and out on the porch she says, "Ok, why did you but that ornament?" And I get down on my knee and say, "So that you have a souvenir from the day that I asked you to marry me." And with that I pulled out the ring and proposed.

Edited by MarylandTDI

I agree with Rich, don't overly plan it. Here's how I proposed to my wife:

We live about an hour south of Gettysburg, PA. We were both interested in Civil War history, and when we were dating we'd go up there pretty often to see the sights, take in the battlefield, try out the restaurants, etc. So the day I decided to propose I stuck the ring in my pocket and just figured the right moment would present itself.

We spent the day doing touristy things, re-tracing paths we'd walked down before, etc. I had a few funny ideas like taking her to Devil's Den, the sight of a lot of bloodshed, and saying something silly like, "this scene of such suffering and horror, such torment, such agony, it seem like an appropriate place to ask you to become my wife" (you'd have to know my dry sense of humor to know that she would have laughed at that). But I knew deep down that wasn't the right way to do it, so I waited.

We went to dinner at a nearby B&B, The Cashtown Inn. Lee's army had passed fight by there on their way to the battle, and some of Lee's men had spent the night in the inn. It has a lot of history. It also happened to be right around Christmas, and the inn had these nice ceramic ornaments for sale in the lobby.

After dinner I asked the waitress to get one of the ornaments and put it on or dinner check. And at the same time I told my then girlfriend "when we get outside on the porch, ask me why I bought that ornament." So we leave the restaurant, and out on the porch she says, "Ok, why did you but that ornament?" And I get down on my knee and say, "So that you have a souvenir from the day that I asked you to marry me." And with that I pulled out the ring and proposed.

Awwwww, I've got the chills! That's awesome Rich!:o

i was with my gf(wife) almost 6 years before proposing....i walked in and asked her how her day was.....then said, "hey i was thinking we could do this better together..."and tossed ring in front of her not cheesy romantic, but it took her a minute to realize what i was asking.....yes the waterworks started and dammit that is bar none the 2nd proudest/happiest day of my life(1st being when my son was born)

That's a classic Ken! I agree with the child being born, that's my #1 day too!:)

propose?

Ive been with the GF for over 6 years now and have been thinking of diff ways....... please on real honest sugg no funny business..... (P.S) i only posted this on my two favorite forums;)

Well first Tyler, we are honored to be one of your favorite forums! Next, I hope she isn't a detail freak like the rest of us here! (Wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag.)

There have been many replies here all are outstanding. I remember asking her father for permission, and that was nerve racking! We were out the door to Italy, and it was a call that I was putting off for a while.

Being alone was important to me, and I knew she wouldn't want the proposal to be a spectacle. On a hike up to some 11th century ruins in Lago di Como, I asked, trying not to be nervous, "Babe, I want you to be mine for life." Then, dropped down on one knee, and asked her to marry me. She took a while to respond, but finally did.:D

I was nervous as heck, but afterwords, like Ken said, you'll remember it as one of your best days ever!

Advice: Bring a camera, as we are happy to have photos of that big day!

Good luck Tyler, and will you keep us posted??:thumbsup:

Edited by Adam

Well first Tyler, we are honored to be one of your favorite forums! Next, I hope she isn't a detail freak like the rest of us here! (Wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag.)

There have been many replies here all are outstanding. I remember asking her father for permission, and that was nerve racking! We were out the door to Italy, and it was a call that I was putting off for a while.

Being alone was important to me, and I knew she wouldn't want the proposal to be a spectacle. On a hike up to some 11th century ruins in Lago di Como, I asked, trying not to be nervous, "Babe, I want you to be mine for life." Then, dropped down on one knee, and asked her to marry me. She took a while to respond, but finally did.:D

I was nervous as heck, but afterwords, like Ken said, you'll remember it as one of your best days ever!

Advice: Bring a camera, as we are happy to have photos of that big day!

Good luck Tyler, and will you keep us posted??:thumbsup:

That's a great story, too, Adam. Isn't if funny how good/quick they are at getting that ring into the picture?!? :lol:

LOL

and dont ya hate that pause they have....seems like time stops so ya can think "what if she says no?!?!?!?"

Seemed like an awful long pause Ken!!:willy::willy:

She kept saying, "Awww Babe . . . . . awwww. . . . ."

I was like, "Well?????!!!!!"