Customer Service 866.965.0400

How Should I...

Aceitup1011

Seemed like an awful long pause Ken!!:willy::willy:

She kept saying, "Awww Babe . . . . . awwww. . . . ."

I was like, "Well?????!!!!!"

I left this off the end of my story since it kinda ruins the romance of it all, but my wife answered by putting her hands to her face, pausing a sec, and then saying "Holy ****!" :lol: no joke.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Rich, don't overly plan it. Here's how I proposed to my wife:

We live about an hour south of Gettysburg, PA. We were both interested in Civil War history, and when we were dating we'd go up there pretty often to see the sights, take in the battlefield, try out the restaurants, etc. So the day I decided to propose I stuck the ring in my pocket and just figured the right moment would present itself.

We spent the day doing touristy things, re-tracing paths we'd walked down before, etc. I had a few funny ideas like taking her to Devil's Den, the sight of a lot of bloodshed, and saying something silly like, "this scene of such suffering and horror, such torment, such agony, it seem like an appropriate place to ask you to become my wife" (you'd have to know my dry sense of humor to know that she would have laughed at that). But I knew deep down that wasn't the right way to do it, so I waited.

We went to dinner at a nearby B&B, The Cashtown Inn. Lee's army had passed fight by there on their way to the battle, and some of Lee's men had spent the night in the inn. It has a lot of history. It also happened to be right around Christmas, and the inn had these nice ceramic ornaments for sale in the lobby.

After dinner I asked the waitress to get one of the ornaments and put it on or dinner check. And at the same time I told my then girlfriend "when we get outside on the porch, ask me why I bought that ornament." So we leave the restaurant, and out on the porch she says, "Ok, why did you but that ornament?" And I get down on my knee and say, "So that you have a souvenir from the day that I asked you to marry me." And with that I pulled out the ring and proposed.

Very nice ! good job .....thats for the sugg.

Adam sounds like u were a lil nervous lol...im sure we all get like that....

and again another great way!

ofcourse i will be asking ur father ....after i figure out how im doing this and

most def i will keep you all updated....not sure when i will b doing this....i did apply for a new job and will b hearing from them in a few weeks so we'll see how that goes

thanks again all....and keep em coming

Edited by Aceitup1011

I think I may be the only person that has proposed by "allegedly" throwing a ring at his future bride. :( I made some elaborate plans.....we were in FLA on vacation and it was towards the end of the vacation. I think she knew something was up, had an extra glass of wine, and laid into me pretty good. The ring, in it's box was thrown pretty much at her (again allegedly), in the heat of the moment! She caught it, opened it, and said yes without skipping a beat. :2thumbs: We still laugh about that once in a while.

The longer I have been on this earth the more I learn that it is best to have a plan, but you also have to be able to "go with the flow" and adjust when the plan does not move forward with precision.

Good luck.

This is such a cool post with GREAT Answers !!!

My wife and I also dated for 6 years, I called it a long-term lease before purchase !!

I can't remember exactly how I asked.. (?) I think after 6 years it was a forgone conclusion, just a matter of fitting in a ceremony in our schedule !!

Been married 15 years this October, and I'm still mad at God for not getting us together much sooner in life... ;)

Val

lol cant b mad at god he could have not let u ever meet ;).......but ya me and the gf starting dating when we were 16 and im 23 right now and she will b in april so its like we've known each other for 1/4 of our lives lol funny thing to think about........

but i have been thinking and i def like my idea of askin while shes working and keeping the ring last and having it on the converbelt ....just need to work out the fine details lol

thanks all for such great answers/sugg!

u all ROCK

I am doing the same thing in about 1 month. We are going to see my parents on Marco Isl. FL but the two of us are taking a two day trip to Key West to enjoy something different and alone. I plan on asking her on the beach. I am going to be a smart *** about it though and ask her what she wants in a ring. (I already know this) I want to act like I need to know so that I can have one made up... I'll play it out a bit and then say "OK I have one more question" (bend down on one knee) and ask, Will this do? I KNOW she will freak and hopefully cry and maybe I'll get lucky too... lol

Chris

Three words, tradition, tradition, tradition. Dinner, flowers, and by all means, get down on one knee! Nothing takes the place of really showing her you care about this special moment in both your life times! Good luck and all the best!

Worked for me... over 18 years ago.

Bruce

I just read this whole thread. :lurk:

I love your answers guys!!

I have been engaged for 6 years and been with my BF for 10!! I guess the second time around you just want to be sure. This will be #2 for both of us.

We are planning on March in Vegas if I get the flights booked. :glasses:

Jason...I think you could be the smart one sometimes. :rockon:

I just read this whole thread. :lurk:

I love your answers guys!!

I have been engaged for 6 years and been with my BF for 10!! I guess the second time around you just want to be sure. This will be #2 for both of us.

We are planning on March in Vegas if I get the flights booked. :glasses:

Jason...I think you could be the smart one sometimes. :rockon:

You and Bill finally tying the knot Teresa? :lolsmack::lolsmack:

I just read this whole thread. :lurk: I love your answers guys!! I have been engaged for 6 years and been with my BF for 10!! I guess the second time around you just want to be sure. This will be #2 for both of us. We are planning on March in Vegas if I get the flights booked. :glasses: Jason...I think you could be the smart one sometimes. :rockon:

Teresa, you going to invite anyone to your wedding? I'm heading to Hawaii for the Honolulu Auto Show on business the last weekend of March.

It would be really nice if you could schedule your wedding on that Sunday, so I could swing by with a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts and a leigh for you both from the Islands!! :lol:

Teresa, you going to invite anyone to your wedding? I'm heading to Hawaii for the Honolulu Auto Show on business the last weekend of March.

It would be really nice if you could schedule your wedding on that Sunday, so I could swing by with a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts and a leigh for you both from the Islands!! :lol:

Gee, we really feel sorry for your predictament Adam. Having to fly to a tropical island where it's 80 degrees and all that sun and sand to deal with. Gee that's tough. Poor guy.

:king: