Customer Service 866.965.0400

Please Read: WELCOME TO THE NEW ADAM'S FORUMS!

Guest admin

Quotes are no longer associated with an author when using Multiquote

This one is tricky because I've seen instances where the author and the date/time stamp is present in quotes, and then I'll refresh the page and it will just be the quoted post. It's not a setting, it's an issue with the new skin. Again, since I didn't make the skin, I don't want to go messing around with it myself. But these and other issues are definitely known and will hopefully be addressed soon.

This one is tricky because I've seen instances where the author and the date/time stamp is present in quotes, and then I'll refresh the page and it will just be the quoted post. It's not a setting, it's an issue with the new skin. Again, since I didn't make the skin, I don't want to go messing around with it myself. But these and other issues are definitely known and will hopefully be addressed soon.

As soon as I clicked the quote button to quote your post, everything else quoted on the page showed up correctly.

Hot dog! Firefox and Adam's Forums are playing nice together. :wub:

Not for me, I still can't log in. Both the log in and register buttons on the top are dead. All other buttons are working through firefox. I still have to log in using internet explorer. I'm using the latest firefox with no-script and cookie monster but am allowing both to let Adam's through. Never had a problem until the upgrade.

Not for me, I still can't log in. Both the log in and register buttons on the top are dead. All other buttons are working through firefox. I still have to log in using internet explorer. I'm using the latest firefox with no-script and cookie monster but am allowing both to let Adam's through. Never had a problem until the upgrade.

Hoss, I'm in the same boat as you. At the office Firefox and Adam's Forum work together. Here at home on my laptop the black bar is dead to me as well. I don't have no-script or cookie monster add ons. I did delete ad block plus and rebooted but to no avail. Both Firefox and Waterfox versions are up to date as of 15 minutes ago.

I was finally able to sign in through the back door so to speak with firefox. I clicked the downloads button and there is an option there to sign in and that worked. Once signed in though, the sign out button is dead along with there is no drop down menu where my name is beside the sign out button. Both these buttons are dead. To sign out I had to open internet explorer and sign out....this is really frustrating.....

Do you have "Auto follow topics I reply to." checked, with a frequency option other than "none"? Do you also have "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics" checked under "email"?

Are you getting an error message when trying to view your own attachments? Can you be more specific about what happens so we can narrow down the cause? So far nobody else has reported this problem, and these are by-group settings.

Lastly, there is no spell check in the post editor because modern browsers have one (a much more accurate one at that) built in - you'll get the red squiggly lines under misspelled words, just like you would in any Microsoft Office program.

P.S. are you going to Mongillo's next month?

Hi Gerry ..Thanks for the help.. I will see if these suggestions work.

Im still having a problem finding my pictures. They are not in my gallery.  I see them in attachments but when I click on it I get an error messages saying "OOPS! Something went wrong" .. We cannot find the attachment you are trying to view.

As for Mongillos .. Im not sure ..there is a lot going on next month.. Nieces graduation & her 18th B-Day. Plus I was planning on going to a big car show in Boston with my brother we were going to enter our Pontiac's before I put the G8 up for sale. Yeah ..decided to get rid of it.

There is a limit to how many images you can attach to your post, this is to prevent people from overloading the server with all their files. If you host your photos externally, you can link up to 100 photos in one post using the image tag:

[img=http://www.website.com/directory/image.jpg]

The forums definitely seem to have about 99.9% of the bugs worked out, but please continue to report issues or difficulties here as you spot them. 

Now that the overall experience is dialed in we can start to implement some of the cool plug-ins. Some of these updates will include VIP customer areas that you can only gain access to with your purchase history. 

It will be. 

The rough concept will be access to pre-release info for new products, chances to be part of beta testing, and VIP specials on products. Access will be granted based on purchase history/dollars spent. 

Stay tuned... lots of things to work into it, but thats our next little project. 

There is a limit to how many images you can attach to your post, this is to prevent people from overloading the server with all their files. If you host your photos externally, you can link up to 100 photos in one post using the image tag:

[img=http://www.website.com/directory/image.jpg]

I host all my pics externally. Maybe I was posting when they were still working out the kinks. It was limited to something pretty small before that. I think like 10 or so. 100 is doable. lol 

The forums definitely seem to have about 99.9% of the bugs worked out, but please continue to report issues or difficulties here as you spot them. 

Now that the overall experience is dialed in we can start to implement some of the cool plug-ins. Some of these updates will include VIP customer areas that you can only gain access to with your purchase history. 

am I VIP? :jester: