Customer Service 866.965.0400

New 2014 Chevy SS

JHL88

I really like it, however I think that 45,000 is a little steep for a starting base price.....what will one loaded up cost?

sunroof = $900, spare tire package $500.  other than that there will be no options besides color according to the article

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/04/2014-chevrolet-ss-priced-from-44-470-w-poll/

I have to say i am disappointed.  I was hoping it would be in the $30k range and not very customizable either.  I wish it was packing at least an LS7 or the new LT1 and i'd rather have a G8 GXP or a SRT8 Charger.  The looks are lacking IMO not very aggressive

My name is Mark and Im a hater ..LOL

I seen it at the auto show and I was so disappointed ..  All the hype for this I said.

The only thing that gets my attention is the drive-train and the interior ..other than that its lacking in excitement and it doesn't look at all aggressive to me.  Actually it looks like a Malibu .. that is what they should've called it.

The ugly bow tie in the front needs to go. Why in the world does Chevy put these ugly Gold bow ties on their cars .. be creative for a change ..like maybe brushed aluminum one for a sports sedan?

For $45k plus .. GM can keep it.  My G8 looks ten times better IMO. For what I paid for my G8 I could put 10K into it and still be under this price tag and run circles around this thing.

Anyway.. Im considering a new car right now and it will not be this.

yeah, i don't really like it, and i'm a GM fanboy

Yes, yes, and yes!

I'm a huge GM fanboy myself, more or less Chevy enthusiast and I do not like what i see.

It's basically an Australian made car with a V8 in it that is overpriced IMO.

I'm wanting to get a sedan this year, and with Chevy's refusal to go to a RWD platform, I'm looking to Mercedes.

I really really like the new 2014 Impala, but the lack of an AWD or RWD option is very frustrating. There has been mention of a V8 variant, but now with this SS model, I doubt that will happen.

Give me an AWD V8 Impala SS and I'd buy it in a second!

The other thing I don't like about this SS is the short wheel base. There is no legroom for 4 grown adults. The Impala is longer and actually has 4-6" more legroom in the 2014 model.

Just very disappointing from Chevy, from styling to features to of course the price!

Edited by Mark L

Yes, yes, and yes!

I'm a huge GM fanboy myself, more or less Chevy enthusiast and I do not like what i see.

It's basically an Australian made car with a V8 in it that is overpriced IMO.

I'm wanting to get a sedan this year, and with Chevy's refusal to go to a RWD platform, I'm looking to Mercedes.

I really really like the new 2014 Impala, but the lack of an AWD or RWD option is very frustrating. There has been mention of a V8 variant, but now with this SS model, I doubt that will happen.

Give me an AWD V8 Impala SS and I'd buy it in a second!

The other thing I don't like about this SS is the short wheel base. There is no legroom for 4 grown adults. The Impala is longer and actually has 4-6" more legroom in the 2014 model.

Just very disappointing from Chevy, from styling to features to of course the price!

Thats what i don't understand at all.  The new Impala actually looks pretty good and if GM would make it RWD again, just make an SS out of that with an LS3, LS7, LT1 etc.  I think GM had it right with the G8

Thats what i don't understand at all.  The new Impala actually looks pretty good and if GM would make it RWD again, just make an SS out of that with an LS3, LS7, LT1 etc.  I think GM had it right with the G8

Exactly!

The new Impala is sharp, IMO

If they'd just offer an AWD or RWD variant, it'd sell. I understand GM wants to be fuel efficient and all that, but keep the FWD V6 variant as a base model and offer the RWD V8 as an option. They haven't made a RWD sedan since I believe the 96 Impala SS.

I personally cannot stand FWD cars, they're just not like a RWD car.

GM really frustrates me sometimes.

on the topic of FWD and RWD.  I must admit that my 6.0L RWD G8 with good snow tires and good traction control, is hands down the best vehicle I have ever driven in the winter. 

Past vehicles driven in winter include

99 Cavalier z24 with winter tires

1997 Saturn SL1 with winter tires

2000 Saturn SW2 with winter tires

2008 Pontiac Vibe with winter tires

So, I can't really understand why everything is FWD, aside from saving a bit of a tunnel through the center of the car, and possibly saving some trunk space. But to me that seems negligable.

That said, I personally would like to see a mid-sized car (malibu esq without the ugly tails) with RWD and a decent motor.  I also think they should bring back more customization for technical specs, IE final drive ratios, manual/auto ect.

Stock motor: 1.8L 4 cyl,
opt 1: 2.0Lturbo (+$1,500);
opt 2: 3.6LN/A (+$2,000) 
opt 3: 3.6LTwin Turbo/LT1(+$4,000)

Stock Trans: 6 spd auto w/sport and manual mode,
opt 1: manual transmission (+$500) [i say this because autos are way more popular]

Stock FDR: 3:45,
Opt 1: 2.92 (+$500 - economy),
Opt 2: 3.75/4.10 (+$1,000 performance)

Stock Brakes: Front 2 piston floating vented disk rear 1 piston floating solid disk, Opt 1: Front 4 piston brembo, rear 2 piston brembo (+$1,500)

Oh to dream.  Too bad car guys don't sell cars.

I am 6'1" and fit in the back seat of my G8 quite comfortably even with the front seats moved all the way back.

I agree they should have just made an SS Impala. Chevy looks like they're beginning to follow the Germans when it comes to model redundancy now.

Everything I have read says the SS is just a test of the viability of a non luxury RWD performance sedan in the US. 

but they are asking luxury car pricing for a car that looks like it was designed in the late 1990s...this is going to be a giant fail like the G8 prior to it.

Heck if you want something like this at a decent price, I've already seen Chevy Caprices Cop cars on Ebay/used car lots for 20K less...yeah it doesn't have as nice of an interior, but you still get the engine in it.

Why was the G8 a giant Fail? .. Actually the G8 was successful .. Pontiac turned out to be a giant fail and it was too late. The G8 was doing pretty good and better than expected but GM already made their decision to stop the nameplate.

Why was the G8 a giant Fail? .. Actually the G8 was successful .. Pontiac turned out to be a giant fail and it was too late. The G8 was doing pretty good and better than expected but GM already made their decision to stop the nameplate.

GM failed. G8 was the best 4 door car they've had in years. They barely advertised it and shut it down just when it started to get good.

Further proof of my theory that GM is secretly being run by undercover Ford and Mopar execs.

FYI.  The ONLY reason that there is no more Pontiac division is because of the Chinese.  They buy 80% of the Buicks sold from GM. Since GM needed to get rid of one of its line, they kept the Buicks because of foreign sales. Personally, I still look at Buicks as old people cars and don't ever expect to buy one. Loved Pontiacs and wish they would have kept them instead.

And by the way, I got that info straight from the horses mouth at GM.

FYI.  The ONLY reason that there is no more Pontiac division is because of the Chinese.  They buy 80% of the Buicks sold from GM. Since GM needed to get rid of one of its line, they kept the Buicks because of foreign sales. Personally, I still look at Buicks as old people cars and don't ever expect to buy one. Loved Pontiacs and wish they would have kept them instead.

Another reason why China sucks.

Bingo! 

The Chinese single handily suport Buick.

I'm with you, Buick is for old people, like canes and oxygen tanks. Only Buick I've ever liked is the 442 

I just can't get past the front end... does nothing for me, which sucks bc the rest of the lines are nice on it. 

Truth be told, I like the styling of the new Impala much more, and after sitting in one recently, if they RWD V8 one of those I'm an Impala owner for sure. 

Chevrolet-2013-CES-2014-Impala-Front-Qua

Agree 100%

I want a RWD V8 Imapala so bad

Bingo! 

The Chinese single handily suport Buick.

I'm with you, Buick is for old people, like canes and oxygen tanks. Only Buick I've ever liked is the 442 

Agree 100%

I want a RWD V8 Imapala so bad

442 is an Oldsmobile.  Did you mean Skylark?