Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing a White car

PHILLIE PHANATIC

Question

I was planning on detailing my wife's white Mustang today. Last week someone at work told me that he knows some detailers that will wash a white car with bleach ! Has anyone ever heard of this? By the way I didn't use bleach, I didn't want to put that on her decals.

20 answers to this question

I've never heard of anyone doing it and it just sounds like a very bad idea to me.  Besides, the part you're washing on a white car is the same as on a black car: the clear coat.  For what it's worth I have a white car and would never use bleach to wash it.

This sounds like it started out as a joke and someone took it and ran with it as truth.  Do yourself a favor and wash your car with Adam's shampoo.

I do use Adams shampoo, but he wasn't joking. He said they wash paint only, not the whole car. Lets face I use bleach on my deck furniture it does clean well. Once again, I would NOT use it on a car. I will admit I use to use it on my camping trailer but after awhile it did a number on the decals. 

Guess that answers your question, Bob!!

Ed, I agree with everyone here, I didn't & won't do it to a car. I have put some bleach in the wash for a camper, worked good except for the decals. This was just something that I had heard from someone at work, and I was wondering if others have heard it. I'm a Chevy guy and I wouldn't even do it to my wife's Mustang. LOL. Certainly not my Corvette. Hey Ed "GO IRON PIGS" :thumbsup:

For white cars decon with DWC makes sense, as all normal claying, washing, polishing, etc... I do wonder, Rich, anything special you do for white to "pop"?  BG? What do you use as  you LSP?

Making white "Glow" isn't all that hard with the new Polish Duo, QS, BG/APW combo.  I've had the pleasure of hitting a number of white vehicles lately, the Tundra specifically still just gleams in a dark warehouse...

DSC_0104_zpsb2389a93.jpgDSC_0110_zpsdc33ed43.jpgDSC_0097_zps10d4d250.jpg

Edited by Mook@Adams