Customer Service 866.965.0400

What do you do for a living?

IowaEmt1991

Custom Design Engineer for Philips Lighting in the outdoor sector (street lighting, underwater, landscape, led, hid, halogen, induction lighting. http://metalabstudio.com/blog/detail/philips-hadco-ringo that is my latest project, should be finished shipping my the end of next month. Basically they gave us some drawings of what they were looking for and i designed it all in solidworks then our foundry sand cast all the parts that we could (lower volume under 1000 pieces or it would have been diecast). 

Self employed IT consultant for the last 3.5 years. I do network design, installs and maintenance for companies of all shapes and sizes and love the constant challenge and learning. Lately, I've been doing a lot of server optimization which I really love.

Just started back in the maritime industry again. After 8 years my prior company, they were acquired by a competitor and I turned down the new position which required me to move to Houston.

Now I'm an Operations Lead Coordinator for a large U.S. tug and barge company. I manage the petroleum or "dirty" side of the fleet. I just started so I'm overwhelmed learning the company, which is why I've been somewhat absent from the forum lately.

I am a programmer (actually a working manager) for a banking software company (the largest financial technology company in the world by their account).  I convert banks from their current software vendor to our software.  Lots of programming in legacy languages, but also work on moving data across mid-range and mainframe platforms.  I am guessing only a few folks on here know that all that means!  

I am a programmer (actually a working manager) for a banking software company (the largest financial technology company in the world by their account).  I convert banks from their current software vendor to our software.  Lots of programming in legacy languages, but also work on moving data across mid-range and mainframe platforms.  I am guessing only a few folks on here know that all that means!  

I'd be beating my head into my desk until my forehead or desk caved in. I HATE programming. I'd much rather work making sure your computer goes *beep* when you hit the power button.

I'm and Environmental Manager for a large Window and Door Manufacturer. I oversee the environmental "programs" for several of our window and door manufacturing plants and distribution facilities in AZ, TX, AL, FL as well as several in Australia, Indonesia, and Malaysia.