Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sell Me

GratefulDiver

Question

There are a few Adams products I really like, the waterless car wash being the biggest. From there it’s the interior detailing products mostly. Other than that I’m a Zanios guy. I think the polish (Z5 followed by the Z2) are incredible products and I always detail with Z8. When I go to car shows I get nothing but praise about the way my paint looks and shines and I typically get very high point from the judges. I know it’s a process to use their polish with the additive and all but I actually enjoy hanging out in the garage rubbing on my baby (that sounds a little strange lol) 

I know Zanio's polish isn’t really a "polish" because it doesn’t really cut; it’s more of a liquid wax. At least that’s my take on it. I never used a traditional paste wax on my car and always considered a paste suited for more of an everyday driver then a show car or toy. I know this is the Adams forum and I expect you to all back there product 100% BUT I’d like to know why. Real world experience not because thats what my buddies buddy uses, or I had swirls with Zanio (if you had swirls you did something wrong, sorry) or just other silly reasons that hold no merit. I’m open to trying new things but again just want to know why. 

Is my take on paste wax false on some level and a paste wax vs liquid polish the same thing? Is one better than the other for certain applications? Let’s hear what you have to say. Again I’m open to new things and am asking these questions because I want the best finish I can have for my GTO.  I hope this doesn’t come off neg as that’s not my intent, I truly want to know what’s best. Thanks

Below are a couple of pics, one from a car show and one from a photo shoot when my car was in Sear craftsman calendar

post-11684-0-90449000-1395340668_thumb.jpg

post-11684-0-33874400-1395340695_thumb.jpg

Just to be sure I have the order right with these products

1. Wash with dawn to strip

2. Polish to remove inperfections

3. Seal

4. Wax

5. Detail Spray

If I dare to compare it seams Correcting polish is = or > then Z5, Finish Polish is = or > then Z2. Is the paste worth waiting for over the buttery wax? Again this car doesnt see the rain and is always garaged. Thanks again

Your order seems ok.  I wouldn't personally do a strip wash with Dawn.  In my opinion, and a few others around here, it's too harsh on trim.  Are you machine polishing?  PCP has more micro abrasives in it, and NO filler, as opposed to what I am understanding from Z5. Americana is worth waiting for instead of Buttery.

If this is a show car, Americana or better yet Patriot wax is what you want!  I would love to see a photo of what your paint looks like in regards to swirls.  Correcting polish may be overkill.  Most start with Finishing polish and use CP when FP isn't getting the job done. 

I have a flex, but I need some new pads. I used dawn as an example because I know it breaks down all the waxes and polishes. All my trim is stainless and never seen a neg from it but again. I'll take a recommendation if it's there. I've waited this long, so I guess waiting a little longer to wax won't hurt

It's been a show car the last couple of years but I'm getting bored with sitting in a folding chair vs 04 GTO seats. So while I'll hit up a few shows this year, I'm going to focus on autocross. So hopefully the wax helps protect from cones that like to jump out at me. LOL

I'll post a close up of the paint this latter today when I get home. I did get a order today and really like the mini catalog that it came with.

I have a flex, but I need some new pads. I used dawn as an example because I know it breaks down all the waxes and polishes. All my trim is stainless and never seen a neg from it but again. I'll take a recommendation if it's there. I've waited this long, so I guess waiting a little longer to wax won't hurt

Dawn can be known to be harsh on plastic trim and such.  If your trim is metal, probably ok, although a couple oz. of APC mixed into your Car Shampoo bucket is still a safer way to go.  

I think you'll enjoy the results of Adam's correction/polish duo.  Really a great couple of products.

If I dare to compare it seams Correcting polish is = or > then Z5, Finish Polish is = or > then Z2.

You really can't compare Z5 and Z2 to Adam's polishes.  Completely different products.  The Z products are for hand application and contain fillers - they don't really correct the problems, they MASK them.

Adam's polishes are true polishes that leave NOTHING behind but polished paint.

Edited by Beemer

I understand polish is abrasive and wax is long term. I mentioned in my post that I don't believe and Zanio will tell you that there polish, at least the Z2 is not abrasive. That's why I why I think of it more as a liquid wax but they call it polish for what ever reason. I will also add ( I forgot about it before) that Im not a fan of the Zanio sealer. I just don't like the finish it gives.

A good rule of thumb is, polish corrects and wax protects. When you wipe polish residue off your paint, there should be nothing left behind (unless it has fillers, and Adam's polishes do not have fillers). When you wipe off wax residue, you are leaving behind a protective layer on top of your paint.

There are polishes that aren't abrasive - Adam's Revive Hand Polish is one of them - no correction power, but more of a "paint cleaner".

It's been a show car the last couple of years but I'm getting bored with sitting in a folding chair vs 04 GTO seats. So while I'll hit up a few shows this year, I'm going to focus on autocross. So hopefully the wax helps protect from cones that like to jump out at me. LOL

I'll post a close up of the paint this latter today when I get home. I did get a order today and really like the mini catalog that it came with.

Get some of the easy release masking tape WITHOUT edge guard and mask the areas that may get hit with cones!  Peel it off when done and it'll be like new!  

Great thread!  I think everyone's input covered your questions.  I agree with Mook, I do not use dish detergents on my car.  If I want to do a strip wash, I drop 2 ounces of APC in my wash bucket.

BTW, I have a couple tubs of both sized Americana in stock and some Flex Pads!

Americana Paste Wax

I kept finding people on different car forums recommending Adam's. I finally ordered a couple of products and was amazed at how well they ALL worked. I was hooked from there on. I had previously tried other polishes but could never match pad to polish configuration until Adam's. I have yet to try an Adam's product I didn't like. More importantly is the customer service and the Made in the USA that Adam's is adamant about.

Order something and try it.  For me the 110% guarantee doesn't really influence me buying Adams product and neither does the lifetime guarantee.  I don't see the tools they sell not performing as expected and if they don't I'am pretty certain I could find the part and repair it myself.

Order something and try it. For me the 110% guarantee doesn't really influence me buying Adams product and neither does the lifetime guarantee. I don't see the tools they sell not performing as expected and if they don't I'am pretty certain I could find the part and repair it myself.

Agreed once you're using them and happy, but for someone on the edge of trying, that my kick them off. Knowing you can return something and get your money back is nice. Knowing they'll pay you is nicer.

Well my cart is full of goodies, machine sealer, glaze, pads, and some new towels, just waiting on the wax. Any idea when it will pop back up? Thought I saw it was due back any day and would love to take advantage of the flat shipping.  

If it were me and I would just buy want your wanting and what is available now.  The Flat Rate shipping of $5 will be gone probably sometime tomorrow.  Then get the wax and eat the shipping when it comes available.  You will still come out ahead as opposed to waiting for the wax to come available and missing out on the flat rate shipping.