Customer Service 866.965.0400

the disappearance of products

I am sad, there is a lot of things which disappears as hex grip premium pad or hex grip orange, yellow etc. ...

and blond hair brush. ?? it was in Adam's that I could find original brush that I saw somewhere else.

that happening?

and the brush for carpets, and the severe polish. can we succeeded polishing wet sanding without severe polish?

I find  less practice the new pad americana!

:(

Issues with suppliers forced Adam's to discontinue a lot of accessories. The hex grips, for instance, had an ETA of 16 weeks, which is clearly unacceptable from any point of view, so they were dropped in favor of the "UFO" applicators for now.

The new PCP has the correcting power of the SSR, and it finishes like the SHR, eliminating the need for two products and two pads to accomplish one task.

One problem with American manufacturer's is long lead times.  This is not sustainable for sellers who want to stock and ship to their customers.  The American companies that are more likely to survive are the ones that are responsive to the market.

For what its worth if you are wanting the Hex grip applicators they are readily available from Phil @ Detailers Domain, in a black hex with red foam for waxing, or the Adam's Blue/Red hex grip, I personally like the Black/Red hexes and have one.

I also have one of the Red UFO applicators and like it as well.

As for the Boulder Brush/Carpet brush etc I would check with Eric @ Thompson racing as he had a good selection of the discontinued stuff, and he also sells the Wheel Woolie Boars Hair wheel brush which in my opinion is a superior brush, since Adam's discontinued their boulder blonde now I feel its ok to say this.

However, since I bought the Wheel Woolies set from Adams last month I only use those to clean my wheels, the combination of sizes is perfect and the large brush does the face of the wheel excellently!

EDIT:  The Wheel Woolies were discontinued by Adam's but are coming back so stay tuned.

As far as the Severe Swirl remover, just buy the new Paint Correcting (orange) polish, it cuts better and finishes down nicer and is easier to work with.  The new 2-step system is WORLDS BETTER than the 4 step that Adam's used to sell, this was a definite step in the right direction for them.

Issues with suppliers forced Adam's to discontinue a lot of accessories. The hex grips, for instance, had an ETA of 16 weeks, which is clearly unacceptable from any point of view, so they were dropped in favor of the "UFO" applicators for now.

The new PCP has the correcting power of the SSR, and it finishes like the SHR, eliminating the need for two products and two pads to accomplish one task.

Gerry hit the nail on the head here. The supplier for our Hex Grips announced some ridiculous lead times for them, so the UFOs are the solution for hand application...for now. We have an alternative in testing that may replace them, but we need to get it dialed in and production timelines finalized before it will be part of the lineup. :)

I have not been on the forums in a while so forgive me if this has been addressed already but I noticed Americana has disappeared also. I thought this was one of Adam's premier products. I see it as part of a the Premium Shine kit but not as a stand alone product. Will this be returning?

Edited by koebot

I've got all of the aforementioned items in stock and plan to continue to keep them in stock.  Feel free to get in touch if you're interested.  Regular e-mail works best as opposed to PM.......thanks!

- Darryl 

Edited by Odds and Ends

I have not been on the forums in a while so forgive me if this has been addressed already but I noticed Americana has disappeared also. I thought this was one of Adam's premier products. I see it as part of a the Premium Shine kit but not as a stand alone product. Will this be returning?

Americana is out of stock again...hopefully we will be able to have it ready to go first thing tomorrow!

Any reason that "out of stock" merchandise isn't just labeled as " temporarily out of stock"??

Instead its just completely removed from the website. So one might think its discontinued when it is simply out of stock.

Any reason that "out of stock" merchandise isn't just labeled as " temporarily out of stock"??

Instead its just completely removed from the website. So one might think its discontinued when it is simply out of stock.

I believe it's based on ETA of the product being back in stock, but it still seems a bit buggy to me. They're trying to square away new storefront software that will eliminate a lot of this confusion.

I personally appreciate the fact that Adam, rather than let things be continually out of stock, will switch products to guarantee that SOMETHING will always be available for any need....such as the UFO applicators to replace the hex grips.  I like the hex grip pads better too, but if it means I need pads but have to wait up to 16 weeks to get it.......forget it!! I'll be very happy to get the UFO's. 

Give the guy a break. He's doing the best he can and in my opinion he's doing pretty darn good.

i guess it should more about consistancy... friday i recieved an email that my order shipped. tonight i recieved an email that the new spray bottles in that order were on backorder... I just went on the site and you can still order the spray bottles.  So whats the deal???  Shouldn't i recieve a backorder notice before the order ships?  shouldn't the website tie in with the inventory system?  i agree if a product is temp out of stock it should reflect that not just simply remove the product from the site.

i guess it should more about consistancy... friday i recieved an email that my order shipped. tonight i recieved an email that the new spray bottles in that order were on backorder... I just went on the site and you can still order the spray bottles.  So whats the deal???  Shouldn't i recieve a backorder notice before the order ships?  shouldn't the website tie in with the inventory system?  i agree if a product is temp out of stock it should reflect that not just simply remove the product from the site.

They're working on a new website now that should solve the issue.

People keep posting the same thing. Currently Adam's is working on a new storefront which will integrate the out of stock system. The current one doesn't have that option. Adam, Nick, and Matt have replied and apologized numerous times. They understand it's spring and detail fever has hit but some things are out of their control. They will more than take care of you I guarantee it.

People keep posting the same thing. Currently Adam's is working on a new storefront which will integrate the out of stock system. The current one doesn't have that option. Adam, Nick, and Matt have replied and apologized numerous times. They understand it's spring and detail fever has hit but some things are out of their control. They will more than take care of you I guarantee it.

They also keep asking the same questions. You guys need to learn to look at resellers! Most of them still have the Fire Hose Nozzle that oh so many people were looking for.