Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams new product releases?

j-r35

Question

So i'm mainly active during the spring/summer months since when winter hits don't really get down to any serious detailing till winter is over.  Just was wondering what happened to some of the products that were being mentioned like the water de-ionizer, new firehose nozzle, new wheel woolies, and any other product i might have forgotten?  

I'm assuming the new wheel woollies will have some sort of bend to them since it was mentioned last year. Love my gen 1s though. Curious what changes to the turbo stick will be. Used mine only when there's a ton of brake dust accumalated.

Would love a wheel wax though.

My pleasure and I certainly HOPE it was too.

FWIW, Adam didn't swear us to secrecy, so I don't THINK I've shared anything we weren't supposed to.  If my account disappears and I'm UNinvited from future clinics, we'll know I screwed-up...  :eek:  

Just don't be surprised when the men in black trucks and black suits show up and kick your door in.   ;)

I'm assuming the new wheel woollies will have some sort of bend to them since it was mentioned last year. Love my gen 1s though. Curious what changes to the turbo stick will be. Used mine only when there's a ton of brake dust accumalated.

What makes a wax wheel-specific???

Its called Quick Sealant.  ;)

Its called Quick Sealant.  ;)

I'm curious about this as well. Even after you use quick sealant on wheels, couldn't you use buttery/Americana if you pleased?

That's what I was getting at.  You can use any sealant/wax on your wheels, with sealants being a better choice for longevity.  They don't need to be wheel-specific, that's just a clever marketing tactic.

That's what I was getting at.  You can use any sealant/wax on your wheels, with sealants being a better choice for longevity.  They don't need to be wheel-specific, that's just a clever marketing tactic.

I am in agreement here.  I see everyone always saying heat will degrade a sealant so maybe that is why everyone is asking for a wheel wax/sealant that can survive those higher temps.  But If I am not mistaken quick sealant has a pretty high temp rating. 

In my experience with other brands, and Adam's I'm thinking the same, is that a spray wax is a very unnecessary step, especially with the power of the new polymer detail sprays and quick detailers we are using nowadays.

V2 of Detail Spray has just enough wax boosting polymers to leave a microscopic additional layer of protection.  Technically you could dry your car with Rinseless 1:16 (which has a little polymer in it) and then follow up with a quick wipe down of Detail Spray as maintenance.  This is just my .02, and I don't even use glaze/buttery wax in between sealant sessions like most of you guys on here.

In my experience with Sonax Polymer Net Shield, their "Brilliant Shine Detailer" I thought would be redundant but it is actually a somewhat watered down version of PNS, in a quick detailer formula so each application actually boosts the PNS.

If they could add a tiny amount of Quick Sealant polymers or Liquid Paint Sealant polymers into the Detail Spray then essentially would be the same idea, with each wipedown you are adding a tiny amount of extra protection.

Again just my experience but a traditional "spray wax" like found at the big box stores is a little redundant given the quality of liquid detailers and sealants available from Adam's.

I see your point about the latest advancement in detail sprays.  Everything you said make sense.  I was just wondering why Adam's never had one when I see every other manufacturer offering one these days. 

Looking forward to the newest additions. 

Nick is does this tire shine also offer SPF like VRT?

QS is rated up to 300 degrees if I remember correctly. This application was put on almost two months ago. Car is driven almost daily, washed weekly, and sits outside 24/7. No need for a wheel-specific wax or sealant, when you already have a product that is this durable and versatile. 

10374225_755359077818715_380195934_n.jpg

QS is rated up to 300 degrees if I remember correctly. This application was put on almost two months ago. Car is driven almost daily, washed weekly, and sits outside 24/7. No need for a wheel-specific wax or sealant, when you already have a product that is this durable and versatile. 

attachicon.gif10374225_755359077818715_380195934_n.jpg

Looks good Gerry.  I also had the same results on my wheels with QS. 2 Coats  lasted 3 months in the harsh winter we had recently (would've lasted longer but I stripped it and applied something else)  It was then that Quick Sealant really made me a believer.  

I do not have access to quick sealant as it can't be shipped to Alaska because it's a hazmat issue that's why I'm asking for a wheel specific wax/sealant. Oh well worth a shot lol.  Right now I've just been hitting it w/super vrt.  Can i just use my sealant on a vrt block and wipe it down w/a mf after?  

Edited by j-r35

I do not have access to quick sealant as it can't be shipped to Alaska because it's a hazmat issue that's why I'm asking for a wheel specific wax/sealant. Oh well worth a shot lol.  Right now I've just been hitting it w/super vrt.  Can i just use my sealant on a vrt block and wipe it down w/a mf after?  

You can use machine super sealant, liquid paint sealant, buttey, Americana, patriot.  Anything really if you don't have access to quick sealant. 

Depends on the finish of your wheels. Since you mentioned wiping them with SVRT I am assuming they are matte? QS would be the best solution unfortunately. I don't think wax on a matte finish would work out so well. SVRT is a good option to go with though, it will help keep dirt and water from sticking, you'll just have to apply it more often than if you were to use something like QS.

Another member has a nice writeup on caring for matte here: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/26544-caring-for-matte-finishes

Yes they're matte forgot to mention that.  So would sealant be a better option though?  Honestly the super vrt last maybe a week or less. Wouldn't apply wax at all as well since they're matte.  

Most people like the look of shiny tires.  I happen to think less is more...  You never know, my mind may be changed, but it if it's like the stuff that turns the tires into what looks like patent leather, no thanks.  

How much longer until the new tire dressing comes out? And will it have a different name?

I can't speak to your timing question but, when Adam demonstrated it a couple of weeks ago, he claimed to have spared no expense and exercised GREAT marketing creativity in naming it...  "TIRE SHINE". 

Edited by Norton