Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams new product releases?

j-r35

Question

So i'm mainly active during the spring/summer months since when winter hits don't really get down to any serious detailing till winter is over.  Just was wondering what happened to some of the products that were being mentioned like the water de-ionizer, new firehose nozzle, new wheel woolies, and any other product i might have forgotten?  

We tested the heck out of clay alternatives (sponges/towels) long before they became a popular substitute for traditional clay.

What we found is that while they may save you a bit of time, they all created some level of marring, even the fine grade ones.  Because of this, you would need to polish after using one of these clay substitutes, and not everyone wants to go through that process.

Call us "old school" but we still prefer traditional clay.  :)

I figured as much.  That's why I didn't buy.  If it was any good, Adam would already have it. 

To be fair, you usually need to polish after using traditional clay as well. Maybe not the full two-step system if the paint is in good enough shape, but in all likelihood you will need a finishing polish to clean up any micro damage induced during the clay process, especially if the car is a darker color or has softer clearcoat. For the record, I have used clay alternatives which attach to your dual-action polisher; however, I would only use them on glass.

I was going to start a thread myself, until I ran across this one.

I too am getting overly anxious for new products. I check every few days on the website and immediately click the new products tab (not into the Facebook thing too much).

The accessories issue has been addressed over and over, but I'll be honest, I loved the new accessories......... the various extension cords, the awesome Goodyear hose (which is one of my favorite things ever purchased at Adam's), the fire nozzle, the detailing cart, etc. 

Honestly I looked forward to the new accessories more than the products themselves.

Now that they're gone, I find myself making fewer and fewer orders. I mean, let's be honest, gallons last awhile and I only order them once in awhile. 

I hope Adam's is able to find some American manufacturers with strong lead times and bring us some cool accessories once again.

I'm hoping there's some new products coming out very soon, I've held the suspicion they're waiting for June, primarily to appeal to the masses. Even though we don't really have a Winter here in CA, I know some parts of the country still have cold weather. I've been polishing since March :lol:

We tested the heck out of clay alternatives (sponges/towels) long before they became a popular substitute for traditional clay.

What we found is that while they may save you a bit of time, they all created some level of marring, even the fine grade ones.  Because of this, you would need to polish after using one of these clay substitutes, and not everyone wants to go through that process.

Call us "old school" but we still prefer traditional clay.  :)

I have tried a couple of the clay alternatives and was not satisfied.  I don't think they do as nice a job as traditional clay

I have tried a couple of the clay alternatives and was not satisfied.  I don't think they do as nice a job as traditional clay

They don't - but they're fast as hell and I think are much better suited for those who are detailing for $$ because of that time savings.  I knocked out an SUV this afternoon inside of 20 minutes (write-up coming soon!).  And if you combine them with a chemical decontamination like Iron-X, their performance vs. clay evens out.

They don't - but they're fast as hell and I think are much better suited for those who are detailing for $$ because of that time savings.  I knocked out an SUV this afternoon inside of 20 minutes (write-up coming soon!).  And if you combine them with a chemical decontamination like Iron-X, their performance vs. clay evens out.

This man speaks the truth.  When you use the alternatives in conjunction as a system/regimen of decontamination, the process is quick.  10 years ago it would take me 3 hours to clay my entire vehicle with that yellow Mother's Clay Bar and showtime spray, lol!

Now I use clay as a last step to the decon process, after using an Iron cutter like DWC (which really should be marketed as a great paint decon spray as well as wheel cleaner, look at the popularity of Iron-X, and now Auto Finesse Iron-Out, etc) on the tight areas, between badges, or just a quick spritz down, light agitation and rinse, I have one of the fine grade clay alternative mitts, and see no marring on my vehicles after use.  After using the clay alternative mitt, I follow up with my Adam's clay to get the last of the contaminants, rinse the car down and dry it, and I'm off to polishing.  Prob takes me about 15 mins with the spray and the fine grade mitt and then another 5-10 with the clay.  Huge time saver and when combined together really gets every last bit off your paint.

I know what you guys mean.  Last year i decided to try buttery wax and then the new formula comes out a week later.  Now i just placed a order for the blue borderless towels and now they have a bigger size coming out soon, lol.  I wouldn't mind a wheel wax/sealant alternative since I can't get quick sealant shipped up, just as long as it's not too glossy.  

I can't wait for the inline water filter, the water is so hard where I am now I get water spots if there is the least bit of sun.

Nick said that project is on hold at this time

I can't wait for the inline water filter, the water is so hard where I am now I get water spots if there is the least bit of sun.

Adam's Shampoo and Detail Spray are your friends...

Nick said that project is on hold at this time

+1.  Based on what I heard at yesterday's Detail Clinic, they've had problems finding something that work reliably for a reasonable period of time.  As I understood it, their testing discovered that most (all?) currently available products have a pretty short lifespan.

I forgot to mention that, in addition to a brief discussion about inline water filters, those of us at Saturday's HQ Detail Clinic saw and/or heard about several other new/improved soon-to-be-released products including Wheel Woolies, Turbo Stick, Bug & Tar Remover, and Tire Shine (about which Nick gave us a big clue above).  Looking forward to the official release(s)...   :bravo:

It also sounds like warehousing and shipping changes are afoot, with Adam aiming to optimize shipping times/costs for many more of his customers.   :2thumbs:

Edited by Norton

If Bug and Tar Remover is aerosol I'll be impressed, I have the prior gen Adam's woolies and love them, I don't know how they could get any better, but who knows I could always give my set to a family member and get the new ones lol!  - Tire Shine I don't have much use for as SVRT does the job for me, and the Turbo Stick I never used once I got the Woolies.

Sounds like some nice new offerings!

As another satisfied owner of the "old" Wheel Woolies, Jason, I tend to agree with you regarding their effectiveness.  That said, I was impressed with the "prototypes" Adam used.  Perhaps the best news is that he implied the "new" ones will sell at a lower price point.  :bravo:

Thanks to my Wheel Woolies, I never saw the need for a Turbo Stick, especially at the "old" price point.  A prototype of the new one was, however, one of the MANY products Adam wisely let us use at the Clinic.  (As Adam reminded us several times, it's best/easiest to LEARN on SOMEONE ELSE'S car...)  I found the "new" one very effective.  Again, perhaps the best news is that he implied it will sell at a lower price point.  :bravo:

In the absence of Adam's Bug & Tar Remover, I currently use Stoner Bug and Tarminator.  Knowing how well every other Adam's product works, however, I look forward to trying their offering.  (Unfortunately, this was something we only talked about on Saturday.  No prototype or sample was available.)  :xfingers:

Like several of you, I prefer SVRT over any shiny tire dressing.  That said, Tony, there were several folks at the Clinic who were right there with you - they couldn't wait to try out the Tire Shine.  Different strokes...  ;)

Edited by Norton

Norton thanks for your honest review and impressions and I hope it was ok with the Adam's team that you shared them with us!

New and improved woolies at a lower price point, now I am REALLY intrigued!  Perhaps the best part of the Adam's V1 Woolies was the 18" handle on both the large and medium woolie, very handy at that length. 

I'm with you on currently using Stoner Tarminator as it's the best I've found for that purpose, and priced at $5.99 is hard to beat.  I've found that the aerosol Tarminator works better than most sprayable liquids out of a conventional bottle.  However, if Adam's can nail an aerosol application at slightly higher than the Tarminator price point, I would be intrigued to try theirs as I always am.

The tire shine will sell a ton, especially as a sprayable shine dressing (some people still like to spray on, wipe it in and walk away), but for most of the forum faithful we are low gloss guys, however I can see it being a big seller at release for Adam's.

Nice to hear about the new additions.  Not everyone will like the tire shine but I am willing to give it a shot.  I have a feeling that those who don't seem interested in it, will eventually break down and get it ;).   

On a side note I was always curious why there is no spray wax like other maufacturers.  I know the detail spay is a booster but I was thinking something that offers a little more protection and durability than the detail spray alone.  It would make a nice addition as a maintanace product.

Looking forward to the new products.

Nice to hear about the new additions.  Not everyone will like the tire shine but I am willing to give it a shot.  I have a feeling that those who don't seem interested in it, will eventually break down and get it ;).   

On a side note I was always curious why there is no spray wax like other maufacturers.  I know the detail spay is a booster but I was thinking something that offers a little more protection and durability than the detail spray alone.  It would make a nice addition as a maintanace product.

Looking forward to the new products.

In my experience with other brands, and Adam's I'm thinking the same, is that a spray wax is a very unnecessary step, especially with the power of the new polymer detail sprays and quick detailers we are using nowadays.

V2 of Detail Spray has just enough wax boosting polymers to leave a microscopic additional layer of protection.  Technically you could dry your car with Rinseless 1:16 (which has a little polymer in it) and then follow up with a quick wipe down of Detail Spray as maintenance.  This is just my .02, and I don't even use glaze/buttery wax in between sealant sessions like most of you guys on here.

In my experience with Sonax Polymer Net Shield, their "Brilliant Shine Detailer" I thought would be redundant but it is actually a somewhat watered down version of PNS, in a quick detailer formula so each application actually boosts the PNS.

If they could add a tiny amount of Quick Sealant polymers or Liquid Paint Sealant polymers into the Detail Spray then essentially would be the same idea, with each wipedown you are adding a tiny amount of extra protection.

Again just my experience but a traditional "spray wax" like found at the big box stores is a little redundant given the quality of liquid detailers and sealants available from Adam's.

Norton thanks for your honest review and impressions and I hope it was ok with the Adam's team that you shared them with us!

My pleasure and I certainly HOPE it was too.

FWIW, Adam didn't swear us to secrecy, so I don't THINK I've shared anything we weren't supposed to.  If my account disappears and I'm UNinvited from future clinics, we'll know I screwed-up...  :eek: