Customer Service 866.965.0400

Master Blaster

ray14sher

Question

Before I got mine, I used to drive around the block twice to get all the water out of the cracks... Its was a pain! Master Blaster is a life saver!

Edit: My bad I was referring to a side kick! OOOPS

Edited by Kingsford

Is it that far superior to a 4.5 hp blower? To warrant such a high price

not sure about the master blaster (I guess you get both the benefit of a blower and vaccum) but I think the sidekick is far superior than the blower.  I have been using the blower for years thinking, how much better is the sidekick?  Finally got one and the sidekick is awesome.   you will be amazed the blowing power it has

not sure about the master blaster (I guess you get both the benefit of a blower and vaccum) but I think the sidekick is far superior than the blower.  

The Master Blaster is only a blower (like the Sidekick), but with two 4 hp motors it moves a lot air!  

Is it that far superior to a 4.5 hp blower? To warrant such a high price

In the end, you should just try to use one and decide.  I can understand the price is up there but it works in ways a blower does not unless you add hose similar to Master Blaster. 

I  just 'upgraded' to the Master Blaster from the Sidekick during the Memorial Day Sale.  I held off buying for quite awhile because of the price, but now that I have it, I wish I hadn't waited so long. 

I had been using just the Sidekick to finish up washes / details for the last 2 years and it was great for me because I didn't know better.   Now - - - boy do I know better!!!!  It really is worth the price if you value your time and take pride (like we all do) in your vehicles.  The time savings is far more than you can imagine.  Finishing a detail and having no water spots or drips is like icing on the cake.

I highly recommend it based on only having it for a couple weeks now.  I'm sooooooo glad I finally made the move.

Mike

The Master Blaster and Sidekick are not just blowers.  They actually heat the air and have HEPA filters!  I will not dry my car with a towel, unless I am stuck and don't have access to my Sidekick or Master Blaster.  They are even good for drying your wheels and tires.  No more waiting for tires to dry before shining.

The Master Blaster and Sidekick are not just blowers.  They actually heat the air and have HEPA filters! 

Not sure about the sidekick, being that I don't have one.  But the MB itself appears to only have foam filters, not HEPA.  I ordered 3 replacements to have on hand.  And they appear to be described as foam as well on Metrovac's website.

https://www.metrovacworld.com/MVC_56F_Package_of_Three_3Foam_FiltersMVC_56F

They do heat the air to 60 degrees above ambient temperature from what I remember reading somewhere.

OMG !! One of my favorite detailing products I have. Little nooks and crannies around emblems, lights,window moldings, inside wheelwells, engine bays, are no match for this car dryer. It will DRY, I mean DRY, a tire and rim in under 30 seconds!! A huge time saver and no more drips of water 2 hours after yor "thought" your car was dry. A must have.

how does this work compared to a back pack blower? I have a stihl back pack blower I used it today to blow off my black truck I feel it do as good a job as I thought it would.. wondering if the master blaster might do a better job..

The wife was ok with me spending the money on it, after she found a dual purpose for it.  Blowing the undercoat out of three long haired german shepherds.  Told me that it paid for itself in that one use by not having to take them to the groomer..... :lolsmack:

In all seriousness, one of my favorite detailing tools.  Works well on drying the engine bay after a wash as well.

The Master Blaster is the top shelve when it comes to blowers. You will love it even more in the fall when things start to get colder. The Master Blaster does have a heater in it the other models do not. The friction of the air from the motor/ blower causes it to heat up about 20 degrees over the air temp. If you have upgraded from the Side Kick, don't get rid of it. I take mine on Corvette weekends with a 50ft extension cord. It is small & compact so it does not take up much room and solves the problem of all that hidden water that you can't reach with the drying towels.

I think a better way to discuss the heated air on the Master Blaster is to realize this machine uses 2280 Watts (19 Amps) or 50% more than a typical hairdryer or more than 4 500W Halogen lights. Like any power tool (think a DA), they are going to generate lots of heat automatically and this turns into an advantage (power tools are better when cooled since the air cools the motor) and translates into heated air.

Edited by Bunky

It's also FILTERED air.  I gotta believe that a gas powered leaf-blower would be blowing all kinds of crap (exhaust, dirt, oil, etc.) around your car. 

I'd rather towel dry than use a leaf blower.

I had been using The sidekick for awhile with great results.  But my youngest brother purchased the master blaster for me . It has been one of  my favorite tools. Love it  and always look forward to using it.

I have a Stihl BG86 gas blower. It is a pretty powerful blower. Would this be OK to blow off a car, or is a gas powered bad for a freshly washed car?

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/bg86/

Any gas powered blower has the potential of blowing all kinds of crap onto your car.  Many people use them without problems.  I would not, personally.

It's totally up to you.