Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tried Revive for the 1st time

NowDatsG

Question

In my latest mystery box order I received some revive polish. A polish I never intended to purchase and never done any research on. After a couple days I decided to see what kind of potential it had on the forum and I realised I had one spot on the subaru that would be a perfect trial

This is the hood scoop on my subaru. No idea what it is or how long its been there. I noticed it after I bought the car last August

20140808_211823.jpg

20140819_194848.jpg

3 passes with the revive and its gone! I love this stuff lol I want to do the whole car now.

20140819_200507.jpg

18 answers to this question

Thank you everyone! Question, when I do the whole car can I still use the liquid paint sealant after/on top of the revive? I've read that its supposed to be used on bare paint, it just doesnt make sense to seal it then revive.

Thank you everyone! Question, when I do the whole car can I still use the liquid paint sealant after/on top of the revive? I've read that its supposed to be used on bare paint, it just doesnt make sense to seal it then revive.

Revive is a perfect paint cleanser and is a great prep step before sealant. 

The solvents in it will remove any polishing oils or anything else on the surface that could negatively impact the longevity of the LPS.

Revive doesn't leave anything behind, so you'll be applying the LPS to "bare" paint after you remove the Revive residue.

Question, and didnt want to start another thread. 

If you do more than one pass with revive, do you apply then buff, and the repeat, or do you appy a coat, let it haze then apply another on top?

Also I havent purchased a cyclo yet, but I will be. I hear people mention multiple passes. Is that multiple passes of the Correction then the Finishing Polish, or rotating every other time?

Which one:  or

Correction        Correction

Correction        Finishing

Correction        Correction

Finishing          Finishing

Finishing          Correction

Finishing          Finishing

Also you dont buff out Machine polish before you move onto the next step, correct?

Question, and didnt want to start another thread.

If you do more than one pass with revive, do you apply then buff, and the repeat, or do you appy a coat, let it haze then apply another on top?

Also I havent purchased a cyclo yet, but I will be. I hear people mention multiple passes. Is that multiple passes of the Correction then the Finishing Polish, or rotating every other time?

Which one: or

Correction Correction

Correction Finishing

Correction Correction

Finishing Finishing

Finishing Correction

Finishing Finishing

Also you dont buff out Machine polish before you move onto the next step, correct?

If someone says the did 2 passes of PCP and 2 passes of PFP, that means they did: PCP, PCP, PFP, PFP.

As for removing the polish residue before moving to the next step, that's purely personal preference. I prefer to remove the polish first before moving onto the next step to make sure I'm satisfied with the results and don't need to do another pass of that step before moving on.

Revive is a perfect paint cleanser and is a great prep step before sealant. 

The solvents in it will remove any polishing oils or anything else on the surface that could negatively impact the longevity of the LPS.

Revive doesn't leave anything behind, so you'll be applying the LPS to "bare" paint after you remove the Revive residue.

Does Paint Finishing Polish provide these same benefits of cleansing the paint and removing polishing oils and not leaving anything behind, or should I use Revive after machine polishing and before sealing?

No need to use Revive after the paint finishing polishing, you go right to your sealant after. It wouldn't hurt the paint but you would be wasting product and effort. I personally only use Revive and other hand application products on the areas harder to reach with the machine. I don't "mix" hand and machine on the same area, I don't like double-working.

Edited by AvsBest

Does Paint Finishing Polish provide these same benefits of cleansing the paint and removing polishing oils and not leaving anything behind, or should I use Revive after machine polishing and before sealing?

No it doesn't.  Finishing Polish doesn't have any solvents in it, so it will still leave some traces of polishing oil behind in most cases.

If you're sealing afterward, you can also do a quick wipedown with isopropyl alcohol to prep the surface for the sealant to follow.

No it doesn't.  Finishing Polish doesn't have any solvents in it, so it will still leave some traces of polishing oil behind in most cases.

If you're sealing afterward, you can also do a quick wipedown with isopropyl alcohol to prep the surface for the sealant to follow.

Would washing after polishing with Paint Correcting Polish and Paint Finishing Polish be enough to remove the oils before sealing?  Does Car Wash Shampoo leave anything behind that would affect the Paint Sealant?

Would washing after polishing with Paint Correcting Polish and Paint Finishing Polish be enough to remove the oils before sealing?  Does Car Wash Shampoo leave anything behind that would affect the Paint Sealant?

Yes, a wash will do the trick as well, but it's a lot more work than an alcohol wipedown or a quick pass with Revive.

CWS is just a cleaner, there is no wax added into it.

Polish doesn't leave a layer of anything behind when you wipe off the residue, whereas wax and sealant will. When people say "bare paint" they mean that no other wax or sealant is on the paint before you go applying your sealant. The exception here is if you want to add a second layer of the same product when you already have one existing layer.

You would not seal and then polish because the polish would remove the sealant.