Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire shine ?

PT3

Question

The spray doesn't come out in a mist as Adam shows in his how to video.

So If I want the high gloss shine how do I make that happen?

Right now, I'm spraying the product onto the sponge and then applying to the tire.

My tires sidewalks are small as I have the following tire sizes: 265/35/20 and 295/30/20.

So needles to say, it's hard to spray onto the tire without spraying the wheel itself.

20 answers to this question

So then we'll never be able to get the real glossy look as Adam demonstrates in the video... Correct me if I'm missing something.

I have the same issue, I am going to try a different spray trigger to see if it works, the current sprayer blasts tire shine everywhere!

Friends, I agree, the nozzle for the Tire Shine is tough to use on low profile tires.   The sprayer is getting upgraded to one that sprays more easily.    Seems we are too 'truck' here in Colorado at Adam's, and I didn't even think to try to spray on to a low profile tire during testing.  The 4oz size is perfect for them, as are other spray nozzles.  This one works well, as well, if you have one from one of our other products:

HT-13205.jpg

not sure if i can post this here or not, if not just delete, however you were asking about a "guard" for your wheels as you apply dressings....i did a quick google search and came up with this.  doesnt seem like a bad price minus their fancy covers that lock, maybe adams can figure out a similar product to make and sell?

http://streetshields.com/index.htm

not sure if i can post this here or not, if not just delete, however you were asking about a "guard" for your wheels as you apply dressings....i did a quick google search and came up with this.  doesnt seem like a bad price minus their fancy covers that lock, maybe adams can figure out a similar product to make and sell?

http://streetshields.com/index.htm

Sorry, I think that is the wrong link.  I clicked on it and didn't notice anything about wheels at all. :jester:

Friends, I agree, the nozzle for the Tire Shine is tough to use on low profile tires.   The sprayer is getting upgraded to one that sprays more easily.    Seems we are too 'truck' here in Colorado at Adam's, and I didn't even think to try to spray on to a low profile tire during testing.  The 4oz size is perfect for them, as are other spray nozzles.  This one works well, as well, if you have one from one of our other products:

HT-13205.jpg

Adam... I'm not sure I understand. How would the 4oz bottle be any better???

Adam... I'm not sure I understand. How would the 4oz bottle be any better???

Think he meant the four ounce sprayer has a more controllable spray... also if you have older Adams products, the old sprayers work way better.....Swap a old sprayer on the tire shine and put the new sprayer on your detail spray

I haven't tried the Adams tire shine yet, out of all the ones i have tried i will say i've always been more a fan of applying the dressing onto an applicator and then wiping it on. I'll probably end up doing that with the Adams tire shine i just got from my recent order. My car has somewhat lowprofile tires (285/35-18s) so i've never really had much luck spraying it directly on the tire.

Yeah, I have the same problem with low profile tires.  I talked to myself Adam's probably didn't have those low profile tires sport cars in mind when he was developing.  LOL.  I get used to it and just wipe off the overspray with a towel.