Customer Service 866.965.0400

Total Interior Detailer

ccommodari

Question

As the others mentioned, that would be the current version. We haven't approved the new version for release and it hasn't been bottled, labeled, or shipped to any customers yet other than a select few we asked to test it. 

Could very easily be another dressing not playing well with it... anything that contains silicone will cause the TID cleaner to gel and streak a little, so move forward with the diluted APC or a little 1:1 LIC to get back down to a clean base, then try TID again. Let us know how it goes.

Dylan just so you know, tested TID v1 on the wifes Rav4 yesterday, great product.  Most likely will consolidate my line down to 2 interior wipedown products.  Going to use it on the X5 today for a pre-winter detail and looking forward to it. Using an all purpose 350gsm towel, 3 sprays of product on the rear door panel, 4 sprays on the front door panels, wiped it in and leveled out just like any other interior detailer I've used.  No shine, just matte.  Love it.  Also great for cleaning/protecting rubber floor mats.

Now if we could only get some amber/sandalwood in that scent or would that be too gender specific?

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Dylan just so you know, tested TID v1 on the wifes Rav4 yesterday, great product.  Most likely will consolidate my line down to 2 interior wipedown products.  Going to use it on the X5 today for a pre-winter detail and looking forward to it. Using an all purpose 350gsm towel, 3 sprays of product on the rear door panel, 4 sprays on the front door panels, wiped it in and leveled out just like any other interior detailer I've used.  No shine, just matte.  Love it.  Also great for cleaning/protecting rubber floor mats.

Now if we could only get some amber/sandalwood in that scent or would that be too gender specific?

Jason you read my mind on the scent! This is totally what I would love to have in an interior detailer.

I think Dylan should be emailed on this, if anything it should be a slightly diluted scent of what is in Leather Cleaner/Conditioner to keep the scents on the interior similar.

I am all about a scent that is out side of the box. Hate all the CG scents. There is one other company that has some that I would try- won't mention the name of the company here. Ill vote for an amber sandalwood any day.

We went with the clean linen scent for a few reasons - its neutral for the most part, plays well with the smell of the chemicals, and dissipates quick. Keep in mind, this is not intended to be an air freshener, the concept is to kill the odor and leave your interior smelling like... well... nothing. If you notice, after you use it your interior won't smell like it for more than an hour or so, then it goes back to a neutral scent.

We've never been a big air freshener or scent-changing-interior product company. With something like this a leather scent would make it less appealing to those who don't have leather. A strong tropical, sandlewood, or other scent or something might not be everyones style, which would suck if they like the performance of the product.

Maybe a stand alone line of spray in air fresheners is in order for those who want them - I would be completely against a product like this adding scent to the interior just b/c there is no way 1 scent is going to work for everyone.

We went with the clean linen scent for a few reasons - its neutral for the most part, plays well with the smell of the chemicals, and dissipates quick. Keep in mind, this is not intended to be an air freshener, the concept is to kill the odor and leave your interior smelling like... well... nothing. If you notice, after you use it your interior won't smell like it for more than an hour or so, then it goes back to a neutral scent.

We've never been a big air freshener or scent-changing-interior product company. With something like this a leather scent would make it less appealing to those who don't have leather. A strong tropical, sandlewood, or other scent or something might not be everyones style, which would suck if they like the performance of the product.

Maybe a stand alone line of spray in air fresheners is in order for those who want them - I would be completely against a product like this adding scent to the interior just b/c there is no way 1 scent is going to work for everyone.

Makes perfect sense. A product to kill the odor of a burger run would be great. I've yet to find one I like.

TID will do that... its actually one of the many tests I put it thru personally in development on my Silverado. My kiddo's love chic-fil-a waffle fries. So I'd drive thru, let them have them. Then follow up with a cleaning of TID. Even a few light mists just up in the air. There is an active odor eliminator in the formulation (similar to what products like Febreeze use) that will help neutralize those lingering odors.

You spill a gallon of milk in the car and let it go bad you won't touch it with TID, but for those light 'in-between' everyday type odors. Food, pets, kids, or that musty smell you get in the winter from damp carpets/floors are all easily handled by TID or at the very least reduced greatly.

Edited by The Shine Doc

I use another company's air freshener's occasionally. They last about 2-3 days for the smell and then disapate. I like to use them before car shows or to cover up any smells like fast food type stuff and sometimes it is nice having a pleasant smell in a car when you get in.

You are completely right though, there is no way 1 scent would work for everyone. You would realistically need 3-4.

Yeah.. I prefer the interior detail spray to be neutral in scent. I prefer the smell of my new car.

TID is probably my favorite product of Adams and Im a huge fan of the "non-scent". Last year while experimenting with another brand I was fairly impressed with the performance of their version of TID except for the smell. It was nauseating.......like literally. It reminded me of that sawdust type stuff the janitor would out over a kids vomit in the hallway in grade school (in the 1980s at least). Yeah, bad enough that I ended up giving a gallon refill of it away!!!

What are the "purple" utility towels paired up with the interior cleaning kit? These appear a bit different knap then the cheapo's I use.. They look nice! Are they always purple?

I like them. A nice towel for interior work and they seem to take abuse pretty well. I still keep cheapo towels around for dirtier jobs and then finish with these.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/microfiber-towels/adam-s-edgless-utility-towel.html