Customer Service 866.965.0400

New truck...how to start?

Masonr97

Question

10 answers to this question

Welcome. And some pics would be awesome love the new Chevy pick ups.

I would do a two bucket wash if need be. Or possibly just a rinseless/waterless wash.

Clay bar the vehicle for sure.

Check and see the condition of paint whether it is heavily swirled or lightly. Then go with either Orange pads and Correcting polish if heavy, then to white pad and Finishing polish.

Or if light swirling just white pad and Finish polish. 

Then apply your wax and sealants.

Congrats on your new truck......I would start off two bucket wash & clay. Then inspect for any swirls scratches etc.

If so I would polish,on a new truck you could probably get by with White pad and PFP. Does the truck live outside? I f so the most durable protection is LPS. Being red you could even apply a coat of BG and Americana to make your paint pop!

New car prep is usually defined by a full decontamination, correction, and application of protection. At a minimum I'd suggest a wash, clay, quickie pass of polish and application of a sealant. Dress the tires and trim, seal the wheels, and basically get it ready to be driven.

A wash kit is a must... any good collection starts with wash supplies.

Grab a claybar, and depending on your budget/preference polishes (machine or hand)

I'd recommend grabbing both liquid paint sealant and quick sealant... those 2 products will cover all your needs for protection on the exterior.

Crew Cabs are big trucks, sometimes it doesn't hit you until you're halfway into the detail.  Mine was in pretty rough shape from the dealer, worst I've seen for a new car actually.  

I hit it with a wash, clay, 1 step polish to get it ~80%, seal, and then tossed some Patriot on her.  From now I can go panel by panel and get them from 80%-100% as I get time without driving myself insane from so many hours of straight polishing.