Customer Service 866.965.0400

Had an Awesome American Experience in Twin Falls, Idaho

Adam

How often are you blown away by a service or product?  Impressed beyond belief?  Ok, now how often are you floored by how cool an old town is?  An old downtown, with old-school businesses still around?

We are in Idaho visiting my wife's family.  She was born and raised in Twin Falls, Idaho.  Basically, the average house costs under $200K here, population is under 50K people, and the average household income is around $45K.

This is a classic American town!

So, my son Cristiano and I need haircuts, and it's time to cut off my goatee.  It itches, and I don't have a buzzer, or any tools to hack it off, so off to Google.com I go to find an old-school barber.

Well, Google gives 8 links.  I call 7, all are disconnected, then the 8th just rings and rings.  Oh well, I decide to go through 4-5 razors and hack of my facial hair.

Then, my phone rings.  It's a guy by the name of Stan Sorenson, and he says, "Hi, this is Stan and I just missed your call?"   I tell him that I'm looking for a hot shave, and a haircut.  "I'm your man!"   He gives me his address, and I grab my oldest kiddos, and jump in the car to head over.

Well, he is located smack in the middle of old-town Twin Falls, of course, named "Main St."

On the way, I pass this VW repair/ restoration shop, then end up at Stan's Barber Shop.   This guy is awesome!  Was a manager at a few large corporations, then decided to can it, and cut hair!  As you can see, he has quite the look, and a few stellar old cars.  I immediately pulled out my camera, and snapped some shots of his shop.  165 square feet.  Old school original barber chairs from the 40-50's. Vintage everything!

Every customer is asked to sign the back wall.  Way cool!  Check out their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Barber-Shop-at-Gehrig-Dale-Co/278604705675138

If you follow me in Instagram, you have seen the pics, but here they are again, and next time we are in Twin Falls, I'm going back!

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4634.JPG

IMG_4623.JPG

IMG_4625.JPG

IMG_4632.jpg

stans cars.jpg

stans chairs.jpg

Wow Adam what an awesome old school barber!

Nothing like the nostalgia and good people of "old town" America, trust me many more times than I'd like to count in the past year, my wife and I are getting ready to pack it up and move South, West, or Northwest.  Anywhere but Jersey, lol.

I used to have a barber like that back when I lived in New Orleans. When you stepped inside his small 15x20 or so barber shop, you felt like you traveled back to the 50's or 60's. It was very common place for people to wait over two hours for a haircut sometimes, because he didn't do appointments, just walk-ins. I remember one time this kid (about 17-18 years old) sat in the chair and asked him to go over his head with a number 1 guard. The barber got offended by this and actually started raising his voice saying "WTF? This ain't no damn Supercuts!! I'm a REAL barber! I don't use no frikkin guards! Only rookie barbers need to use guards!"

I along with several other customers were laughing out of control. Lol.

He even called you back and said missed your call.  That is a business owner. 

Small towns are very nice. I am from a small town and still live in the small town.  It is a different way of life in small town america.  Everyone knows everyone (including their business) LOL.    Over the past two years I have had the opportunity to travel thru several small towns and have enjoyed it.   While traveling thru some of these smalls town I have noticed some are turning into ghost towns. 

Wow what an honor to even be mentioned. Thank you to Adam for sharing my shop, and your experience. If you have never been to Twin Falls, you are missing a great town. From base jumping, evil knievels jump site of his infamous attempt at jumping the snake river, beautiful sites, hundreds of gorgeous hot rods, downtown Twin Falls, and Guppies Hot Rod Grille (the coolest hot rod diner around). Adam I hope I have the opportunity to see you again. If any of you are ever in the area, stop in and ease tell me Adam sent you. What an incredible giy.post-12432-0-94909300-1419516579_thumb.jpg