Customer Service 866.965.0400

Did some forum housekeeping (all members please read)

You may (or maynot) have noticed that I've done some pretty substantial consolidation of the various forum areas to try and widdle the forum categories down. For example clinics and events will now be announced solely in the "Company Info/Announcements" section rather than its own section. "Detailing Writeups" is no longer sub-divided into cars, trucks, and other... its just one section.

The world of forums in general have been changing. People increasingly more spend their time on Facebook and other social media so consolidating our forum and making it easier to navigate with fewer sub categories is a response to that.

Additionally, we think you guys and gals (our loyal forum members) deserve special treatment for logging in and spending your time here. To that end the Contests and Sales section has been converted to a MEMBERS ONLY area, requiring you to be a registered member and logged in to see pre-sales, sneak peeks, and other advanced product info. Afterall... why should everyone be allowed to see that stuff?

Other updates include a new "best answer" feature. In all the technical sections the person who originates the post now has the ability to mark the post that was the 'best answer' to their question. This helps people browsing old threads to see the conclusion without having to sift thru all the other conversation if they don't want to. The ability to mark best answer is limited only to the person who started the thread and the mods.

see an example of best answer, click the thumbnail

post-12389-0-36216600-1419980648_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone finds these small tweaks and changes useful. The good news is that no content was removed or deleted, just shifted in location so everything should still be in place and searchable all the way back to the very early days of AF.

Enjoy!

Lol @ Phil it's all in good fun friend!

oh no doubt bud!!  TOTALLY was joking in my response.  

But it's true, for some reason...my whole life I've been 'THAT GUY' who gets singled out from the crowd.  Could be my big mouth, social personality and 6', 250 build.  lol.

I was trying out the "Best Answer" feature and found that when you are using the Dark Theme on the desktop version, the background highlighting that appears on the Best Answer post makes the white text in the full post unreadable.  Is there a way to change the highlighting color to something a little darker that will work with both Themes?

Dark Theme.jpg

I was trying out the "Best Answer" feature and found that when you are using the Dark Theme on the desktop version, the background highlighting that appears on the Best Answer post makes the white text in the full post unreadable.  Is there a way to change the highlighting color to something a little darker that will work with both Themes?

attachicon.gifDark Theme.jpg

We'll look into it.