Customer Service 866.965.0400

FROZEN GEAR

SuperSnake850

Question

17 answers to this question

Only things that get affected decently are Super VRT and the Car Shampoo.  And thats if they are frozen pretty solid.  I also wouldn't let the aerosols freeze.

Bring everything inside and let it thaw, you should be ok. Stolen from the FAQ:

INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT CONCERNS

• All Purpose Cleaner, Leather & Interior Cleaner, Green Wheel Cleaner, Detail Spray, and Under-Carriage Spray are all relatively forgiving when it comes to temperature. They may have some visual chemical separation or slight color changes over time, but so long as the product can be shaken and does not re-separate it is safe to use. All Purpose Cleaner and Leather & Interior Cleaner are especially susceptible to sun exposure. As little as 10 minutes in direct or intense sunlight will bleach these products out... it still works fine, but may have an odd aroma if this happens. Under-Carriage Spray experiences a higher than usual expansion and contraction rate with heat... as such it can cause bottles to crack and/or leak when the bottle is outside of the recommended temp range. Keep this in mind when choosing your storage area as it can stain if it does leak.

• Super VRT, Original VRT, and Car Wash Shampoo are particularly susceptible to cold. Freezing of car wash or Super VRT will result many times in an odd separation of the chemicals parts where the product will appear like jello in the middle, surrounded by a thin/runny liquid. Even after shaking these may not remix. To determine if your bottle needs to be replaced shake the product very well then set on a level surface undisturbed for 1-2 days. If the product separates out again in this time it should be replaced. If it doesn't then it will be safe to use. If either product becomes excessively watery or runny it may have been exposed to high heat and should be replaced.

• Paint polishes including Severe Swirl Remover, Swirl & Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, & Revive. Because polishes are comprised of 2 parts (liquid and solid) they tend to separate mostly with time. Heat and cold tend not to play as large a role in their storage as other chemicals. Because of this polishes can generally be stored outdoors (garage) so long as no freezing occurs. Some separation will happen even after a short storage in ideal temps so it is absolutely required that all polishes be shaken well prior to use. Failure to get the product fully mixed can result in an abnormally high or low amount of abrasives suspended and ultimate change how the product performs on your paint.

• Metal Polish 1, Metal Polish 2, and Brilliant Glaze separate quickly. This is perfectly normal... a clearish solution will rise to the top while the larger, more opaque solids fall to the bottom. Its suggested that you not allow these products to sit in a 'separated' state for more than 3 months at any given time as they may become difficult to remix. Avoid freezing temps at all costs, all 3 products are more forgiving of heat than they are of cold.

• Buttery Wax, Leather Conditioner, Clay Bars, and Super Sealant should be stored in a temp controlled environment. Freezing and/or excessive heat have detrimental effects on these products performance so storing in the proper location is key. Buttery Wax specifically may experience some oily separation on the upper layer if exposed to high heat. Try shaking the bottle well and inspecting to make sure it remixed. If it begins to develop that oily upper layer again the product is likely no good and should be replaced.

• Americana is most harmed by high heat which can cause melting, separation, and tub warping. On the positive side hard waxes like Americana can be stored in a refrigerator without any harm to the product. If storing in a refrigerator make sure to allow additional time before use for the product to come up to a usable temperature. DO NOT MICROWAVE THE PRODUCT AT ANY TIME! When storing Americana the surface of the wax should be free of any debris and the applicator should be removed from the pot. The applicator is only placed under the lid for shipping purposes and can cause issues if left inside the pot for extended periods of time.

• Aerosol products like In & Out Spray and Quick Sealant can be stored in moderate environments without any degradation to performance. Some caution should be exercised in conditions of extremely high temps as the added pressure can result in sprayer failure or other problems. When done with any aerosol product dispose of the can appropriately by holding it upside down and expelling the remaining propellant into a trashcan. Once fully discharged the can is 100% recyclable.
Edited by Ricky Bobby

Was this a shipment left on your porch?  Your Adam's products, and all car products should be kept indoors till spring if you live in an area where the temps drop well below freezing.  If you don't have a basement or storage locker to keep them in I recommend buying a storage tote and keep them in there in a closet or under the bed.  Yeah, they do freeze.

Not to jump a post but while we are talking cold and heat, Does the heat effect the Adams Glass Cleaner? It seem that when I leave my 4oz. bottle in the truck in the summer it turns to a milky white color. Does this effect it's cleaning ability? I take everything out of the truck in the cold months.

Not to jump a post but while we are talking cold and heat, Does the heat effect the Adams Glass Cleaner? It seem that when I leave my 4oz. bottle in the truck in the summer it turns to a milky white color. Does this effect it's cleaning ability? I take everything out of the truck in the cold months.

Should work fine.  But if it doesn't, just dump it and refill your 4-ounce bottle w/ fresh Glass Cleaner.

Color change is rarely anything to be concerned about, but consistency changes are. If a product gets heated up a ton, or gets frozen and then changes viscosity you can potentially have an issue on your hands, but always contact us and we'll be happy to help you evaluate it and determine if its good or not for sure.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I did just get rid of the older stuff being that it was just 4oz. but was just wondering about the heat effect. It did seem to not feel the same when I used it. Almost like the eveaporation rate was slower and seemed to leave more streaking almost like I was using a dirty towel which I was not.

Our products are (for the mostpart) water based, so prolonged and repeated exposure to heat can lead to evaportion and change the product a touch. Best bet is to avoid storing product in your car if it will see high temps regularly.

A travel back with your necessities that you can take with you when you need them is the best solution.

A travel back with your necessities that you can take with you when you need them is the best solution.

This is what I do Dylan, It's just that my truck is black and I am on the beach a lot (surf-fishing) and it gets really hot in it sometimes. I try not to leave it in there any longer then I have to. I use it almost all the time just as I come off the beach to clean the windows from the salt spray that even gets on the glass inside of my truck. No big deal, that's why I just have the 4oz. bottle. If it changes and go's bad I just refill.

Thanks for the info.

I'll take a 25% heat reduction any day LOL

It's all too damn hot here. I mean really, I'm trying to figure out whether my stuff is safe in a cabinet in the garage when temps outside get to 115 in the summer and 25 in the winter. I mean, it's in a cabinet...... haha

I had a bottle of SVRT turn from a cream to a very runny liquid because it was exposed to triple digit temps in my storage shed in the summer. I don't have a garage, I have a small storage shed/ storage room attached to the back of my house that I store tools and lawn equipment in. I stored my detailing supplies in there too until I learned that they can be affected by temperature extremes. I now keep them in my living room behind the couch in plastic storage bins. I have the couches about two feet from the walls because they have built in recliners. The storage totes tuck nicely behind the couches on the floor and do not affect the recliner movement

I had a bottle of SVRT turn from a cream to a very runny liquid because it was exposed to triple digit temps in my storage shed in the summer. I don't have a garage, I have a small storage shed/ storage room attached to the back of my house that I store tools and lawn equipment in. I stored my detailing supplies in there too until I learned that they can be affected by temperature extremes. I now keep them in my living room behind the couch in plastic storage bins. I have the couches about two feet from the walls because they have built in recliners. The storage totes tuck nicely behind the couches on the floor and do not affect the recliner movement

I may do exactly that!