Customer Service 866.965.0400

It's so cold that...

SYMAWD

Question

the glass cleaner froze as I sprayed it onto the windshield.  Notice the white glass cleaner slush on the towel.

IMAG0602_zpsyqlfd9k1.jpg

Either way, it still worked and the haze it left from the cold went away once my windshield warmed up.

Winter isn't fun when it comes to keeping your car clean.  

IMAG0596_zpsxodhfyko.jpg

20 answers to this question

Tell me about it. Rinseless washing in the garage has been my only savior, problem is I need an above 32F day to get to the coin op to get the salt buildup off prior.

My problem is that their is no touchless washes and only one coin-op within 25 miles of me.  My paint is coated, so I guess I'll just live with it and pressure wash the wheel wells and under carriage at work.

Edited by SYMAWD

Tell me about it. Rinseless washing in the garage has been my only savior, problem is I need an above 32F day to get to the coin op to get the salt buildup off prior.

Frozen glass cleaner on the glass is pretty normal for me on my customer cars when they come in for rock chip repairs. It sucks.

Ricky, your lucky you get to wash at above 32. Even though I hate to do it I'll do a drive through wash or if I have time I'll wash it at work, then it always goes straight out into freezing temps.

Edited by FrozenWS6

It was cold enough to wear shorts and a shirtsleeve shirt here yesterday, today, and tomorrow and Friday.

Why?  It should thaw out in your garage.  I hit mine at the coin op when it was around 20 degrees.

It was cold enough to wear shorts and a shirtsleeve shirt here yesterday, today, and tomorrow and Friday.

Why?  It should thaw out in your garage.  I hit mine at the coin op when it was around 20 degrees.

I like to go to a max of 30 or so when there is no sun out, if the sun is out I can rinse it off at lower temps than 30.

Reason is because its about 15 min drive from coin op to my house so if I really want to get home and start working right away I'd prefer to have no frozen goodness.

On the other hand, if the day is around 30 and sunny, I usually use the coin op and just pull my car in the corner of the lot after and just do a rinseless wash with GDWM right in the parking lot.  Sure a lot of people probably look at me weird but my cars leave a lot cleaner than theirs.

I don't even want to tell you about the woman who pulled up next to me in a black Ford Fusion (company car she said), after doing a thorough rinse with just water, and then took out a chamois and JUST STARTED DRYING LOL

My buddy was telling me about the drive up, enclosed, Laser Touchless wash by him when he was in school at Ithaca, wish we had those in Jersey, you could get cleaned up prior to a rinseless regardless of temps!

Good news is I found a coin-op near me.  The bad news is they don't have a spot-free rinse or blow dryer.  However, just my driving, I managed to get about 90% of the water off and the other 10% froze to my side mirrors and trunk area.  Car came pretty clean, I just have a light film left over.  I'd do a waterless wash, but it's supposed to snow Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, so there's really no point.

I'd do a waterless wash, but it's supposed to snow Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, so there's really no point.

I tend to only check the forecasts within 24 hours with any sort of certainty, based on the reliability of the weathermen.  Currently this is the outlook from NOAA :)

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

A STORM SYSTEM LATER SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT MAY BRING AN

ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL OR A PERIOD OF MIXED PRECIPITATION TO THE

AREA AND IMPACT TRAVEL. HOWEVER, THERE REMAINS SOME UNCERTAINTY

WITH THE DETAILS.

I have a coin-op  that has doors that close on each end. I go late enough in the evening that I don't have anyone waiting and will do a two bucket wash and dry in the bay. 15" of snow last Saturday night through Sunday and my truck thermometer said -15 on the way into work this morning.

Temps for the next week are to be in the upper 30's and lower 40's!  :banana:  :banana:

I have a coin-op  that has doors that close on each end. I go late enough in the evening that I don't have anyone waiting and will do a two bucket wash and dry in the bay. 15" of snow last Saturday night through Sunday and my truck thermometer said -15 on the way into work this morning.

Temps for the next week are to be in the upper 30's and lower 40's!  :banana:  :banana:

Wish we had that in Jersey.  I'd love to close the doors and take my time in evenings, I'd be two bucket washing all the time in winter.

Wish we had that in Jersey.  I'd love to close the doors and take my time in evenings, I'd be two bucket washing all the time in winter.

We had one in town back in the day that both doors closed and each stall also had a heater. You go there late at night and guys would be changing their oil and pulling engines!

It almost 40 today in Westchester and we are getting freezing rain, sleet and snow tomorrow but I needed to wash my Regal GS.  For one it was filthy and two being that is has been cold and there is mounds of snow all over I didn't feel like washing it and freezing my hands off just to see it get messy again the next day.  But I needed to do it.  It is like a little therapy session that I have been missing.  And even though there is a storm coming I decided to put a coat of wax on my car.  The Buttery Was works great and is very easy to apply.  And I felt good after doing it.