Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Rinseless Wash.... and test fit new wheels!

PT3

Question

With the somewhat warmer temp yesterday, I had to get the salt off. Used the local self-wash to blast off the majority of salt and dirt. Then performed my first Rinseless wash. Used the single bucket/Single use towels method. Did a solid pre-soak also. Lesson- def need more towels! Ultimately it was a good experience.

Of course after one short strive, it's already pretty dirty. But I knew that was going to happen. I can't wait til spring!

I also got a chance to test fit my new 21" HRE wheels. I got them from a buddy second hand for a killer deal. I think I'm going to have HRE refinish them- brushed lip / satin black center.

post-12257-0-88795400-1423415221_thumb.jpg

post-12257-0-88406400-1423415246_thumb.jpg

Edited by PhilT3 2014 BMW M5

19 answers to this question

And how awesome was a Rinseless wash Phil?  Doesn't it feel good to be able to clean in winter without inflicting damage?

How many towels did you use?  I use about 8 for my X5.

Btw, DONT COLOR MATCH the centers of the HRE's, the black center gives it contrast.

Honestly I'd probably just do brushed lip and leave the centers gloss, it gives more pop than a satin black would.

And how awesome was a Rinseless wash Phil? Doesn't it feel good to be able to clean in winter without inflicting damage?

How many towels did you use? I use about 8 for my X5.

Btw, DONT COLOR MATCH the centers of the HRE's, the black center gives it contrast.

Honestly I'd probably just do brushed lip and leave the centers gloss, it gives more pop than a satin black would.

Thanks Ricky! I won't color match the centers. I like the contrast. But the gloss hides the sharp limes and detail of the CNC machined face and will dial the 'bling factor' down a bit.

Of course.... It will ALL depend on what HRE quotes me to refinish! Lol.

As for the Rinseless. Yeah, it was a good process. But I need to practice and find 'MY groove'. I used 6 towels. The prob is I used all blue borderless. It's too hard to see the dirt on them to know which side is used already. I need to get some double softs.

Edited by PhilT3 2014 BMW M5

Looks awesome!

I'm not a huge fan of satin/matte black wheels, but I think the brushed lip with a gloss center would look awesome. Or possibly a gunmetal lip to match the car?

Thanks Erik. The things about gloss is (1) it's definitely not the current trend and (2) it hides the detail and sharp lines of the CNC milled face.

But, hey... This is why they make chocolate and vanilla! Lol.

Thanks Erik. The things about gloss is (1) it's definitely not the current trend an.

And therein lies the problem. What does it matter what the current trend is?

Myself? I can't wait until the current trend of black wheels dies a wonderful death. Everybody and their mother has black wheels. If I never saw another black wheel.....

And therein lies the problem. What does it matter what the current trend is?

Myself? I can't wait until the current trend of black wheels dies a wonderful death. Everybody and their mother has black wheels. If I never saw another black wheel.....

Lol. I LIKE the current trend of matte/satin. And I LOVE black wheels. But I've always liked black wheels. I had black wheels on an '87 Firebird Formula back in 1996.

So, yes... While I am one who keeps with the trends...I only latch on to trends that I like. I also regularly update my wardrobe to stay with the trends.

Now this doesn't mean I totally abandon the tried and true and timeless classics.

Ultimately, I go with what I like. I just happen to get bored with things and want to update 'things' to keep fresh.

Maybe it's because I work in a highly competitive industry... I work for an enterprise software for a Silicon Valley company and it's ALL about innovation and the 'latest and greatest'. Lol

Very nice!  Looks good as is, but if we are brainstorming here....

Gloss or stain black lips with a brushed metal center possibly, or color match the centers to the cars paint

Thanks BJoe! Appreciate the idea!

Keep the brainstorming / ideas coming guys!

Wheels brings it into a new meaning of badass. HRE wheels…Nothing else needs to be said. haha

Thanks Sac! Yeah, HRE's are top of the line! The deal I got on these was too good to pass up! So while they're not EXACTLY the color combo I'd prefer ideally, they are still awesome! And worst case, I can have them refinished.

Thanks Sac! Yeah, HRE's are top of the line! The deal I got on these was too good to pass up! So while they're not EXACTLY the color combo I'd prefer ideally, they are still awesome! And worst case, I can have them refinished.

Just a heads up HRE won't sell you individual parts. Tried to buy just a set of larger lips from them at one point and they basically told me off.

Just a heads up HRE won't sell you individual parts. Tried to buy just a set of larger lips from them at one point and they basically told me off.

Interesting. I feel good about them refinishing my wheels as I have a few friends I know how had HRE do theirs.

Maybe because you were simply looking to buy parts...?