Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Cleaning Tool?

thatryan

Question

22 answers to this question

There are some out there... I've tried several, they all are terrible. Your arm and a MF Glass Towel will be the best you'll find. I've had to bend and twist all sorts of ways (especially around my mirror) to clean windshields.

Sometimes I find using a plush towel gets the jobs done if there is just a film on the inside. As long as you're not sneezing all over the place, there really shouldn't be anything other than a film on the inside.

Edited by Kingsford

Sorry D, forgot about the link rule, its been a while.

Just tryin to help the guy out with his Muscular since I can't just tell him to man up and use the Glass towels lol

Not a problem. If its going to involve a link take it to PM or offline. We don't need to be giving traffic to other sites in the public forum and for perpetuity.

I pay my Daughter $5 to clean the inside of the back window on my 5th GEN Camaro. There is now way I can get back there :( 

I have used various "wands" but like Dillon said their bonnets are terrible and it's hard to get an even pressure on the glass. You just end up with streaks. 

There's one on the market that's sort of a triangle on a stick with a microfiber cover and a soft glass polishing cover.  I bought it at Carlisle several years ago.  They make it look so easy and to look like it answers all your prayers getting into those corners and back windows. Took it home, tried it, and guess what? Yes it reaches into the corners but it streaks the crap out of the windows.  Smeary, streaky windows.  It's been sitting in the cupboard for 2 or 3 years now.  It's a pain in the rear to try and reach all those places but that's what I make my wife do.  :lol:

I could never get enough leverage behind them to make good contact with the glass... not to mention the bonnets that came with them linted like crazy.

Agreed on the bonnets.  If you could affix one of your glass towels to it then it might work ok.  But the plastic construction is no bueno either, needs to be an aluminum handle lol

You know, while we are on the glass subject ha, how do you all clean your side windows? The go-up-and-down ones... Always have a strip of guck when I finally roll them down, but trying to roll them down and clean at detail time they just get water streaks. Do you wait? Blast dry? Whatcha do there?

You know, while we are on the glass subject ha, how do you all clean your side windows? The go-up-and-down ones... Always have a strip of guck when I finally roll them down, but trying to roll them down and clean at detail time they just get water streaks. Do you wait? Blast dry? Whatcha do there?

Before washing, lower the windows a little and clean off that top strip of dirt.  Then go ahead and wash (windows back up of course) and then after you dry, you can clean the rest of the glass.

There's one on the market that's sort of a triangle on a stick with a microfiber cover and a soft glass polishing cover.  I bought it at Carlisle several years ago.  They make it look so easy and to look like it answers all your prayers getting into those corners and back windows. Took it home, tried it, and guess what? Yes it reaches into the corners but it streaks the crap out of the windows.  Smeary, streaky windows.  It's been sitting in the cupboard for 2 or 3 years now.  It's a pain in the rear to try and reach all those places but that's what I make my wife do.  :lol:

I have this as well. Tried it a couple of times and got the same results.

I use my steamer to clean my interior windows now, love it! Just got it for Christmas, it's a Dupray Tosca