Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing for Car Show

Sac

Question

So…. When your friends(Club Members) find out you have Adam's, you tend to be busy before a show. Yesterday I spent hours on a bagged & bodied 2015 Chevy dually(SEMA truck). 

Clay Bar

2 Step Polish

Liquid Paint Sealant

photo1_zps4a3755ec.jpg

Next was the 1966 Chevy C10(SEMA truck). Spent most of the day on this one. White is tricky to polish...

Clay Bar

White Polish

Liquid Paint Sealant 

photo2_zps3a3f1377.jpg

I did put a coat of Buttery Wax on the roof to  see if it enhanced it more,

photo3_zpsee340d6c.jpg

photo4_zps7926ba6b.jpg

We are loaded up and headed to Lone Star Throwdown in the morning! Oh… Supposed to be a nasty weekend, so I restocked my supplies and got them loaded as well(Towels in dryer). 

photo5_zpsb5c47919.jpg

11 answers to this question

Don't forget your waterless wash. That stuff saved my butt at Carlisle last year.  Good luck at the show. Nice rides and they look GREAT!

Thanks! Just got back.. Waterless Wash will be on my next order! That little bit of rain we got caught in and the little bit of rain the first night made for some dirty trucks the next morning.. All I had was Detail Spray and 4 towels, that wasn't enough.

Yeah, I know the feeling. One time I took the black Z to a car show at a resort about 45 or 50 miles away. It was beautiful here, but I ended up driving through a pouring rain storm about 5 miles from the show.  The car was a mess. I knew I had a job, and when I started spraying and wiping down, I really drew a crowd.  Everybody thought that it was going to be a real mess and that I was an idiot wiping down a black car with nothing but Waterless Wash and a couple micros. When I was done it looked near perfect, everyone was picking their jaws off the ground and asking what I used.  I know I handed out a few samples of Detail Spray and made Adam a few new customers on that one.

And at Carlisle last year, it didn't rain while I was there, but where the car was parked at night at the hotel, it rained overnight and all the dirt splashed up and made one hell of a mess out of the back of my car.  WW to the rescue again. The trick is to use a LOT! The dirtier your car, the more to use. Don't be frugal with it. Wet it down real good, let it sit a little bit till the dirt starts running off, spray it again and wipe.  

I'm a real fan.  Can you tell?   :lolsmack:

Good stories and thanks for the tips! Going to add some Waterless Wash and some Rinse Less Wash on my next order. During the show season, I can defiently tell where these products will come in handy! 

Be sure to pick up the right micros to go with it. The blue waffle weave is great with the WW.

Btw.....Nice truck!

Thanks! I'll pass it on to the owners. 

Be sure to pick up the right micros to go with it. The blue waffle weave is great with the WW.

Will do.

Nice rides. Saw some of the coverage of LS Throwdown... would love to go one of these years.

Thanks! This was my first year for it and will be making not again. So many nice cars there, good to see all the trucks from online in person.