Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Seal - just spray?

PT3

Question

What if I just spray it on and leave it?

How about if I spray it and then spread it with a blue microfiber applicator... And then leave it?

I guess my question is; do I have to buff it off after the 1min dry time?

I hope it's ok...LOL.

20 answers to this question

whats the difference between the LPS and QS as far as ingridients, durability, etc? One is to be used and forget for at least couple months (LPS) and other is to put on a car you just waxed recently, but going to drive couple hundred miles somewhere, so it has protection for the trip?

Video says some people report 4-6 months. I figured 3 months is realistic for LPS. That sounds like a realistic length of protection for this spray too

Edited by Z06Seal

Not without spraying more product on it to help remove the residue.

QS works similar to Sonax PnS and if it dries it literally takes more PNS to wipe off. It dries rock hard and or streaky if you let it dry completely

Ok. Will it still provide protection?

I sprayed and wiped and let it go. Hopefully it won't cause any issues.

whats the difference between the LPS and QS as far as ingridients, durability, etc? One is to be used and forget for at least couple months (LPS) and other is to put on a car you just waxed recently, but going to drive couple hundred miles somewhere, so it has protection for the trip?

Video says some people report 4-6 months. I figured 3 months is realistic for LPS. That sounds like a realistic length of protection for this spray too

In my experience LPS lasts about 6 months on an ungaraged daily driver here in New England. I've found QS lasts longer and is able to withstand high temperatures (I believe 300 F was the max?). I use LPS on my paint because of the ease with which you can apply it. I use QS strictly for sealing my wheels, exhaust, under-hood paint, etc because a. they are smaller areas where the aerosol nature is beneficial, b. are subject to intense heat, and c. I only want to bother sealing twice a year. I used QS on my paint the winter before LPS came out and while it worked great (better than LPS in my opinion, in terms of forming a rock hard barrier against the elements) it was very tedious to do an entire car with QS.

Either way, sealant should go on bare paint, before wax.

Will it come off easily?

A lot of the time it won't. It actually can be quite a pain to remove if its not applied properly - early on in testing we actually ended up replacing all the trim on Subaru after it was sprayed, not leveled, and allowed to dry b/c we couldn't get it off. This falls under the "use as directed" part of any direction.

Ingredient wise - a lot...

As far as durability QS is the product that pretty much was an over-achiever. It was never designed to last as long as it does, but it does. Longevity will depend on the conditions your car is exposed to, but figure similar durability out of both products. As Gerry recommended (and I just replied in another thread) as things have changed in our line QS has found a spot as a wheel protectant and LPS for paint - they both have features that lend them better to each respective use than the other.

Ok. Will it still provide protection?

I sprayed and wiped and let it go. Hopefully it won't cause any issues.

It will... but you may have to fight with the residues when the time comes to remove. The product self levels to some degree, but not completely.

A lot of the time it won't. It actually can be quite a pain to remove if its not applied properly - early on in testing we actually ended up replacing all the trim on Subaru after it was sprayed, not leveled, and allowed to dry b/c we couldn't get it off. This falls under the "use as directed" part of any direction.

Ingredient wise - a lot...

As far as durability QS is the product that pretty much was an over-achiever. It was never designed to last as long as it does, but it does. Longevity will depend on the conditions your car is exposed to, but figure similar durability out of both products. As Gerry recommended (and I just replied in another thread) as things have changed in our line QS has found a spot as a wheel protectant and LPS for paint - they both have features that lend them better to each respective use than the other.

It will... but you may have to fight with the residues when the time comes to remove. The product self levels to some degree, but not completely.

To be clear... I sprayed, then leveled with a blue microfiber applicator pad. I just didn't buff it afterwards. I was at the coin op, with no one waiting behind me. Then, next thing I know...this lady with a nasty scowl on her face pulls right up to the entrance and starts giving me the evil eye. So I had to cut it short. By the time drove off and found somewhere to park the sides of the car (where I had used the QS) had been sprayed by the wet roads. I F'ing hate winter in the NE. My search to move to TX has begun.

It's gonna be what it's gonna be I guess. Not sweating it. It can all be fixed.

Edited by PhilT3 2014 BMW M5

To be clear... I sprayed, then leveled with a blue microfiber applicator pad. I just didn't buff it afterwards. I was at the coin op, with no one waiting behind me. Then, next thing I know...this lady with a nasty scowl on her face pulls right up to the entrance and starts giving me the evil eye. So I had to cut it short. By the time drove off and found somewhere to park the sides of the car (where I had used the QS) had been sprayed by the wet roads. I F'ing hate winter in the NE. My search to move to TX has begun.

It's gonna be what it's gonna be I guess. Not sweating it. It can all be fixed.

Maybe she just had gas. Should've smiled back and kept working.

On silver and white it's hard to tell, but on black, the streaking is definitely noticeable if you don't wipe it off after applying. When I detail my brother's black Escalade EXT (which is a PITA) I always try to pull it outside in the sun after applying quick sealant to make sure all of the residue is removed before topping it with Americana, otherwise it takes detail spray and some effort to get the streaking and haze to come off.

Maybe she just had gas. Should've smiled back and kept working.

Broad scowls at me I just work slower.

Ususally for drying, wax application etc at the coin op I just pull out and over towards the vaccuum area as its used less on these winter days.

And yes Phil, time to move to Texas, I've been working the wife HARD on it for almost a year now.

Well... I'm not good with that sort of 'confrontation'... So instead of being arrested, I just flee.

In my experience LPS lasts about 6 months on an ungaraged daily driver here in New England. I've found QS lasts longer and is able to withstand high temperatures (I believe 300 F was the max?). I use LPS on my paint because of the ease with which you can apply it. I use QS strictly for sealing my wheels, exhaust, under-hood paint, etc because a. they are smaller areas where the aerosol nature is beneficial, b. are subject to intense heat, and c. I only want to bother sealing twice a year. I used QS on my paint the winter before LPS came out and while it worked great (better than LPS in my opinion, in terms of forming a rock hard barrier against the elements) it was very tedious to do an entire car with QS.

Either way, sealant should go on bare paint, before wax.

ha, tedious. time consuming is the word I was looking for. that can take a few hours to do

ha, tedious. time consuming is the word I was looking for. that can take a few hours to do

I wouldn't consider quick sealant to be a tedious job to apply, or that time consuming. No worse than hand waxing.

Ceramic Coatings are much more tedious to apply in my opinion.