Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Seal vs Liquid Paint Sealant

Z06Seal

Question

Can someone explain the differences as far as when to use one another? Both seem like they last 3/4 months plus. Both supposedly provide great protection. The one thing I've seen here on my research showed that Quick Seal can be bit "grabby" where the LPS is more "slick". If anything, the Quick seal looks very easy to apply.

Just curious on the differences between the two, and why one would chose one over the other...

might have to add it to my 4th order from Adam's in the past week LOL

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

I, for one, greatly prefer Liquid Paint Sealant over Quick Sealant except for the following purposes:

Wheels

Extra protection on nose

I have had MUCH better success with LPS for overall paint protection.  QS tends to streak on my red paint while LPS goes on like BUTTA!

Long story short: you'll probably want BOTH.

Quick Sealant was designed to be easier to apply, especially on complex surfaces (like wheels, front ends, etc) due to the fact it doesn't require as much work to level/remove residues. When it was first developed we were still selling Machine Super Sealant - which had long cure times and required a machine for application. Quick Sealant was a solution for hand application with faster cure times.

With the addition of LPS to the line (replacing MSS) Quick Sealant became less relevant. LPS solved the cure times and hand application option needs left out of MSS, but I still think QS is the best thing we offer currently for wheel since its so fast/easy to apply. LPS is far superior for paint protection offering better gloss and durability... so long story short - LPS for paint, QS for wheels.

I didn't realize you made a topic, I've replied to your other post about this: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27900-quick-seal-just-spray/?p=438531

Gerry, when I have a specific question, I like to make a thread about them. it's good for future reference as it ends up having it's own topic for specific debate and good for researchers like me who search alot.

I'll read your response in that thread. :)

Edited by Z06Seal

Quick Sealant was designed to be easier to apply, especially on complex surfaces (like wheels, front ends, etc) due to the fact it doesn't require as much work to level/remove residues. When it was first developed we were still selling Machine Super Sealant - which had long cure times and required a machine for application. Quick Sealant was a solution for hand application with faster cure times.

With the addition of LPS to the line (replacing MSS) Quick Sealant became less relevant. LPS solved the cure times and hand application option needs left out of MSS, but I still think QS is the best thing we offer currently for wheel since its so fast/easy to apply. LPS is far superior for paint protection offering better gloss and durability... so long story short - LPS for paint, QS for wheels.

I see... I suppose for those very spokey wheels (bbs wheels come to mind) quick seal can come in handy. But with the new LPS that can be applied by hand, you can put those on your wheel just as easy. I'm going to try using LPS on my black wheels and see how easy it is. if it's a pain in the ***, I'll order some quick seal. 

5449d1395626056-black-wheels-feedback-re

I don't think it'd be hard to apply some LPS by hand on these. But of course, there are those spokey wheels that it might take forever, and quick seal will do a quick and easy job on them

2015-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-front-wheels

as far as durability goes, it's impressive that it can last just as long as LPS.

Edited by Z06Seal