Customer Service 866.965.0400

New headlight protection

kitt1987

Question

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new on here and currently stocking up on my Adam's products for post-winter and I have a question or two on headlight protection and just want to be sure I do it correctly without messing anything up.

I just purchased a 2013 Acura TSX and understand that I'll be claying the headlight and tail light lenses.  My question comes in, what is the next step exactly that I want to take, I read varying stories here on the forums.  Do I want to follow up with polish (if so will the Revive Hand Car polish work?) and then sealant?  If so, do I want to use the Quick Sealant spray or will the liquid paint sealant work?  I heard or read somewhere I thought that I could even finish off with the buttery wax but am unsure.  In any case, any and all assistance as well as advice is greatly appreciated as I hope to keep the headlights looking as good as possible for as long as possible.

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Are the lenses cloudy at all? Revive could take some cloudiness out but if they are heavily oxidized you may need to get more aggressive with the cleaning ie a headlight resto kit with sand paper. And I agree with the Quick Sealant as the best for protection. Very easy to use and outstanding longevity.

You bet. And just to add to what was previously stated, the QS is supposed to be optically clear so I think that is a big reason it will be your best option in addition to the other great things about QS. Some other LSPs may haze over time or slightly affect clarity of a lens plastic finish. At least in my experience.

That's exactly what I'm going to order today is the Quick Sealant (among a few more items to add to my arsenal) specifically for the head and tail lights as well as under hood and door sills.  Now if only we can get rid of all this snow and warm the temps up a few degrees so I can finally try this stuff out!   :)