Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail spray VS brilliant Glaze

Jayco76

Question

Which product would you use as the 2nd to last step in a weekly wash regimen ? Detail spray or brilliant Glaze?

(with the last step being standing back and admiring the work you just finished )

Lately I have been using brilliant Glaze because the chrome accents are typically the last part I clean

16 answers to this question

Nothing we sell 'attracts' dust... detail spray or brilliant glaze... it doesn't do anything to repel it either though. If you are experiencing a high amount of dust on a vehicle it has more to do with a static charge on the paint from rubbing it than it does the chemicals you're using.

You can fix this by grounding the vehicle - using a copper wire and a couple of metal clips (like a jumper cable) clip to your frame or a pinch weld on the lower rockers, attach the other end to a piece of rebar staked into the ground. That grounds the vehicle, releases the charge and reduces the dust accumulation by a good amount.

I have a piece of rebar tied into the foundation of my garage that I clip the C-10 to to keep the dust down. Makes a huge difference.

I use Detail Spray to dry after a bucket wash. Even use sometimes post rinseless wash. Love BG but use it less frequently. Like most, I throw BG in with application of Wax etc. Pretty sure BG wont build up like wax so it is something that can be used as much as you want. I have used Glaze on the windows lately. Need to see how that works now my Glass cleaning is on another level:)

Nothing we sell 'attracts' dust... detail spray or brilliant glaze... it doesn't do anything to repel it either though. If you are experiencing a high amount of dust on a vehicle it has more to do with a static charge on the paint from rubbing it than it does the chemicals you're using.

You can fix this by grounding the vehicle - using a copper wire and a couple of metal clips (like a jumper cable) clip to your frame or a pinch weld on the lower rockers, attach the other end to a piece of rebar staked into the ground. That grounds the vehicle, releases the charge and reduces the dust accumulation by a good amount.

I have a piece of rebar tied into the foundation of my garage that I clip the C-10 to to keep the dust down. Makes a huge difference.

Son you got some knowledge

NOW I understand why everyone on the board was so stoked to have you back. You're a pro and it shows. Glad to have you as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) here in the community.

I know years ago they used to hang a rubber strip from somewhere under the car or truck that just touched the ground to eliminate static. Do they still do this?

I know years ago they used to hang a rubber strip from somewhere under the car or truck that just touched the ground to eliminate static. Do they still do this?

Funny, I was just looking at those grounding straps on Amazon.  Most had poor reviews.

I did order a few parts to make a grounding clip to use when it is parked.  Will be interesting to see how this reduces the dust.

Which product would you use as the 2nd to last step in a weekly wash regimen ? Detail spray or brilliant Glaze?

(with the last step being standing back and admiring the work you just finished )

Lately I have been using brilliant Glaze because the chrome accents are typically the last part I clean

I use Detail Spray as a drying aid and Brilliant Glaze as a last step after every wash to make my black paint pop i love Brilliant Glaze :)

I have been using diluted Rinseless Wash as a drying aid for over 6 months replacing my Detail Spray when it ran out. With the wax in Riseless, it really leaves a great shine on my black truck on the paint, chrome, wheels and glass. It would be hard for me to go back to Detail Spray and one less product I have to keep on hand. Have also been using it on my plastic parts in the interior and looks great.

Edited by Black Bowtie

I have been using diluted Rinseless Wash as a drying aid for over 6 months replacing my Detail Spray when it ran out. With the wax in Riseless, it really leaves a great shine on my black truck on the paint, chrome, wheels and glass. It would be hard for me to go back to Detail Spray and one less product I have to keep on hand. Have also been using it on my plastic parts in the interior and looks great.

Rich, I'm going to try your method with the RW.  Did you mix it at the 16:1 ratio?