Customer Service 866.965.0400

First full on detail for our new '15 Corvette Stingray

Z06Seal

Woke up early in the morning and did a waterless wash (I had just washed it a day prior). Got to work with the clay using the 64:1 rinseless formula as the lubricant...

Wiped the car down to see progress and got to work with a Flex and white foam pads along with adam's paint finishing polish. The car was in such good condition that I didn't feel like I needed machine polish, but the Flex was new and I wanted to to see how it was using it. I think revive hand polish would have been an excellent choice for a car in this condition, but no worries! At the end, I honestly couldn't tell a difference. Car looked the same, but felt smoother to the touch. (I also started noticing couple swirl marks throughout the car I hadn't seen before)

Then after this was done, I wiped the entire car down and put on a layer of Liquid Paint seal with the flex. After wiping it down, I could tell the color looked "deeper". Lastly I put on some glaze to see what it was all about and if it makes a difference.. well it sure did. the color looked more "wet" and the carbon flash colors (metallic black) really started to pop. 

I had being going since 9am all the way to 4 at this point with just a lunch break, so I was getting tired. I decided to put some buttery wax on the carbon flash painted pieces and call it a day. I will probably do buttery wax in a month or so after I do a rinseless wash on her to bring back some shine. By the way, I think the buttery wax is the best smelling product. It smelt like banana pudding, and I wanted to eat it!!!!

The wheels got a treatment of paint finishing polish by hand with small 4 inch foam pads followed by Liquid Paint seal. I realized in the pictures I need to figure out a way to get deeper into the wheel as it's sorta dirty there. Maybe that machine thingy you put on a drill, or one of the brushes with a handle on it. I couldn't fit my hand in there with the rotors.

Well, here is the end result... I'll caption some of the pics to show you guys where I was in the process.

Starting the process

AH1_5775_Dx_O.jpg

[imghttp://s16.postimg.org/vra2dg8np/AH1_5779_Dx_O.jpg[/img]

AH1_5782_Dx_O.jpg

Polishing the panels... alot of dusting. Couldn't make it stop. Had to get a air compressor to get the dust out later!!!

AH1_5785_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5786_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5787_Dx_O.jpg

After a very long day, it's over. Felt like bit of a chore when you spent an entire day.. But it was worth it :)

AH1_5792_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5793_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5794_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5796_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5798_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5799_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5800_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5801_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5806_Dx_O.jpg

AH1_5807_Dx_O.jpg

Nice work, beautiful job.

Emir, get yourself the Adam's Wheel Woolie and the set of 3 Woolies separately from another vendor (some Adam's dealers still sell the old Adams 3 pack).  The large wheel woolie will be wonderful for those wide open barrels, and the angled one Adam's sells now is great for behind the spokes and between.

I don't personally like the Turbo Stick too much, I just use Woolies and brushes.  Take the wheels off one by one and deep clean those barrels and seal them, then put them back on the car.  Then Car Shampoo and Woolies/brushes for maintenance

Eric @ Thompson Racing still has the old 3 pack, pick them up!

http://stores.shopthompsonracing.com/products/adams-wheel-woolies-wheel-cleaning-tools.html

Thanks guys!

any idea why it was dusting so much? I used quick detail in hopes of keeping it down, but it didn't work. I didn't use too much polish either (at least I don't think so)

oh... one issue I had which was very annoying is the masking tape. I went to HD and got the basic masking tape... when time came to take it off, it left the sticky residue on the paint, and I had to rub pretty hard to get it off. the rubber door seals etc that I taped up got some sticky gunk as well, and it was a serious PITA to remove them. Also sometimes the polish would lift the tape off, which defeated it's purpose. I still have much to learn. Next car will be our Infiniti....

Use the Rustoleum orange automotive tape from Walmart.  $5 a roll.

The polish can be dusting a lot if its overworked or the surface is too warm (drying up product before broken down), were you finishing with foam or MF pads?

Compressed air is your best friend so either way its good to have a compressor.

oh... one issue I had which was very annoying is the masking tape. I went to HD and got the basic masking tape... when time came to take it off, it left the sticky residue on the paint, and I had to rub pretty hard to get it off. the rubber door seals etc that I taped up got some sticky gunk as well, and it was a serious PITA to remove them. Also sometimes the polish would lift the tape off, which defeated it's purpose. I still have much to learn. Next car will be our Infiniti....

I like 3M green painters tape or the orange tape Adam's used to sell.  It is low tack, so it comes off easy, but stays on fine for polishing.  

Great car! Loved our C6 and would love to have a C7. :)

I have the turbo stick and the 3 pack woolies. The turbo stick for most cars I don't find all that useful BUT it was great on the open design and deep wheels on the C6 GS we had. Made maintaining the wheels much more enjoyable and easier. I would imagine you will find the turbo stick to be a great tool on the C7 wheels too.

Use the Rustoleum orange automotive tape from Walmart.  $5 a roll.

The polish can be dusting a lot if its overworked or the surface is too warm (drying up product before broken down), were you finishing with foam or MF pads?

Compressed air is your best friend so either way its good to have a compressor.

Yes, it was a hot day and I got burnt as well. That might have something to do with it. I did it outside thinking I can see better (not alot of ligthing in the garage)

I used white foam pads for this one.

I'll look into that rustoleum paint tape next time, or just order an adams one. I think one roll will last me a good while.

I could have overworked it, but I doubt it. I think I was doing too big of sections, so it's possible. I need to come up with a better way of splitting the car up. 

Great car! Loved our C6 and would love to have a C7. :)

I have the turbo stick and the 3 pack woolies. The turbo stick for most cars I don't find all that useful BUT it was great on the open design and deep wheels on the C6 GS we had. Made maintaining the wheels much more enjoyable and easier. I would imagine you will find the turbo stick to be a great tool on the C7 wheels too.

My brother picked up a twin to yours but opted for the chrome wheels. Either combo looks killer. Very nice. Enjoy that beautiful ride.  :cheers:

Thanks guys, the car is a beauty and a joy to ride. to be honest, I keep it on eco mode when I'm not driving spirited. I like the V4 mode that saves gas. you can't even tell you're in that mode, but you're using up much less gas. slightest request of power shuts it off.

The Wheel Woolies are a must with our wheels, especially the curved one.  I use the turbo stick on my exhaust. But whichever way you use these two products, be sure to pick them up. 

The Wheel Woolies are a must with our wheels, especially the curved one.  I use the turbo stick on my exhaust. But whichever way you use these two products, be sure to pick them up. 

yep, I'll be getting them. I can't get my hand inside the wheel, and it's visibly dirty...