Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just had my car painted - wax questions

Umx

Question

15 answers to this question

Glaze is optional.  I don't use it because its a temporary filler.  And I can't recommend something that is not in my regimen personally.

Patriot will give you the best shine, its more of their "concours" product, while Americana is the best balance between durability and shine.

There is absolutely no better combo for a black vehicle than laying down a coat of BG prior to waxing. The fillers are very minimal in Adam's BG, you'll get more "pop" from the paint. Think of it as a beauty product.

Americana Premium Paste Wax more for a daily driver, Patriot is better suited for a show car. That doesn't mean you can't put Patriot on a daily driver, it just won't last quite as long as the Americana.

Prior to a show, I like to lay another coat of BG over top of my wax.

just looked over the car after the painter had it wheeled by his dad  

how my front bumper looks. Guess i have to wheel it my self shrug. 

aUJIP0n.jpg

WHOA! Thats rough... someone needs to wrestle the buffer away from that guy and give him a timeout. Thats just horrible horrible HORRIBLE technique plain and simple. Luckily thats totally correctable with our 2 step system and a dual action or random orbital polisher.

As far as your original questions: 

No need to include buttery in the conversation. You don't top wax with wax... that would be like spending the money for a nice steak, then topping it with a hamburger. Sure, hamburgers are tasty, but why ruin a steak you paid more for with one?

Buttery is a great, easy to use, budget friendly wax... but if you're considering one of our pastes theres no need to have it in your process.

As far as adding the glaze - absolutely, and as Dave pointed out - its an easy thing to add to the process that nets you benefits in the finished look.

WHOA! Thats rough... someone needs to wrestle the buffer away from that guy and give him a timeout. Thats just horrible horrible HORRIBLE technique plain and simple. Luckily thats totally correctable with our 2 step system and a dual action or random orbital polisher.

As far as your original questions: 

No need to include buttery in the conversation. You don't top wax with wax... that would be like spending the money for a nice steak, then topping it with a hamburger. Sure, hamburgers are tasty, but why ruin a steak you paid more for with one?

Buttery is a great, easy to use, budget friendly wax... but if you're considering one of our pastes theres no need to have it in your process.

As far as adding the glaze - absolutely, and as Dave pointed out - its an easy thing to add to the process that nets you benefits in the finished look.

I have a flex wheel. and all the pads from you guys. from the sever/medium and fine with the polishes.. 

I put down BG and topped it with Americana on a show prep I did for a customer yesterday.  His frame is powdercoated in gloss black, so the BG helps hide little imperfections.  I also put BG on the wheels.  (Check back this evening for the write up and my comments here will make more sense!)

Also remember that the rule of thumb is usually to wait 60-90 days before sealing or glazing fresh paint from the body shop.

the rest of the car was painted in October and the bumper was a month ago. I am going to wheel the bumper... and not wax it til prob april or may.. 

here is a quicky job.. with the fine machine polish i had, then the used black sealant then glaze over it.. not but better. prob pick up the 2 stage and pads with the america package.. I went over it with some soap dish soap to take off the wax since it was recently painted. 

5SI7Nh7.jpg

Edited by Umx