Customer Service 866.965.0400

Uh Oh Spots!

thatryan

Question

So it lightly rained the other day, then the sun and wind came out and my car got coated with polllen. Today it was kind of drizzling a bit and I didn't have any time to wash because it is a work day so I figured I would hose it off to at least get the crap off the paint. 

Apparently my DI resin is depleted though, gah, and now my car is spotted bad. Will this damage my paint? Will hosing it off with clean DI water work? Do I need to full on wash now?

post-10925-0-56599000-1426128420_thumb.jpg

So I sprayed some diluted rinseless onto a waterless towel and on the truck deck did a full single wipe from side to side. It looks like it removed the stand out part of it, but if I look at an angle can still see the spot areas there.

Are you supposed to 'scrub' with the waterless?

No, don't scrub.

I'd try a second mist and wipe.  Or use more rinseless in the dilution (more concentrated = more cleaning power).  If it still remains after a regular 2 bucket wash, it may need a slight amount of polishing to remove.

I know your muscular gets to you but if anything maybe Revive by hand would remove it.

And I would probably dilute it 2:1 water to vinegar at a minimum. Then maybe try one area by dampening a microfiber cloth with the vinegar and allowing it to sit on the spots for a minute. Then wipe the paint with some rinseless wash with a separate mf towel. If that doesnt seem like something you are comfortable with, I agree with claying and/or using Revive. If none of that works, time to break out a machine. Just be mindful to do this on a cool surface and most methods to remove the spots will probably result in the need to reapply wax etc.

Edited by Junior

Finally got to wash yesterday, appears to have come out with a standard wash, though I swear under certain light angle in garage this morning I could still see outlines of some spots..

Car has never been clayed, it is 2013, I was planning on having claying and two-step paint correction done by a local detailer and then debating on having a nano coating put on. Though after washing and seeing various small chip marks from 2 years of daily driving im thinking I should have done it right away ha. 

So now am considering attempting clay, correction and sealing by myself and buying the cyclo polisher...though not sure if my body could handle all that

I'd have to read and watch more on the process yeah. Claying is all by hand (arm strength?) and then correction after that is machine over entire car yeah. Then sealing and glaze (or something shiny) after correction can be done with machine or hand only?

Time between steps? Does it have to be instant? Or can clay one day, paint correct next day, seal and glaze day after?

Also of note, to do wheels, wash and dress trim/glass takes me a solid 4 hours lol.

I'd have to read and watch more on the process yeah. Claying is all by hand (arm strength?) and then correction after that is machine over entire car yeah. Then sealing and glaze (or something shiny) after correction can be done with machine or hand only?

Time between steps? Does it have to be instant? Or can clay one day, paint correct next day, seal and glaze day after?

Also of note, to do wheels, wash and dress trim/glass takes me a solid 4 hours lol.

For most claying just the moving the clay over the area should be enough to remove the contaminates.  The refolding of the clay over itself to get to a 'clean' part of the clay would a little more difficult.  If you have severe paint overspray you may have to rub hard to remove it.  

As Chris said, you decide how fast you want to work and how much to do each time.  If you are doing this  within the space of a couple weeks, driving the car without protection should be fine.  But is also a way to use up the bottle of Buttery Wax you never seem use! 

Ok, so think I am going to take the plunge and attempt this all myself, ha. You guys will be around though I'm sure ;)

So I am thinking the ADAM'S TWO STEP CYCLO MACHINE POLISHING KIT, Liquid Paint Sealant and 4" gray machine pads. This is my daily driver. Now the sealant would go on right after paint correction and polishing right, strong base layer. If I do it all correctly, will that still shine nicely, or  be dullish?

Would love input for enhancing, brilliant glaze or buttery wax? Something that can be applied by cyclo would be ideal. And those would go on after sealant right?

I suppose some parts of this would have to be hand, nooks and crannies yeah...?

My car color is the pic in my sig FYI, I have read that different products are better for different colors.

Thanks all :)