Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheels, how to treat.

marjen

Question

So my new wheels for my summer setup just arrived. They are not going on for a few more weeks (Winter just wont leave). What is the regimen to make these easy to maintain? I just order the adams quick sealant, should i clean them with the general cleaner and then hit them with the quick sealer before mounting them? Thanks.

10 answers to this question

About to have my wheels repaired. Some curb rash. I curretly have the wheels coated and this will be removed during the repair process. Whats the best method to apply the Quick Sealant to the wheels and once applied  how long can I expect it to last. One final question... will this product give my wheels a little more POP and SHINE ? They are Hyper Silver.

Which

Which video?

Good question Joel!  I cannot view the videos at work, but neither of the 2 Wheel videos have QS linked to them.

To apply QS to the wheels after they have been cleaned:

• Spray 2 short shots QS on a foam or MF applicator that you will NOT be using on the paint every again.  
  • Rub applicator over the face of the wheel.  Be sure to get the lip and the sides of any spokes.  
  • If it is a very large wheel or one with lots of surface area (many spokes, etc.) you may want to treat half the wheel, respray the appilcator, and do the other half.     
  • Reload the applicator with QS and apply to each of the other 3 wheels
  • Wipe the wheels with a MF towel that you will NOT be using on the paint every again.
  • Enjoy several months of easier to clean wheels!

Once QS has been applied you should be able to get them clean with just diluted Car Wash Shampoo.